NFL to investigate dolphins tanking? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL to investigate dolphins tanking?

The NFL has a choice. Sweep this under the rug like all the other scandals that threaten the perceived parity of the league or make an example of the Dolphins.

If sweeping under the rug, need to help the Phins win a game or two or make games slightly more competitive.

Patriots pushing it I'm sure, they're afraid of what we may become. Regardless, impossible to regulate or control or investigate due to the nature of the sport. Coaches coach players play without interference.

if we did purposely tank, I cant find anything that says it is even against against any rules. If it isnt against the rules how can they punish us?
They can't. This is just wishful thinking by the whiners who think if they whine hard enough they can make the whole thing go away.

Who knew the prospect of another middling season that goes nowhere meant so much to so many?

The committee would certainly have a good case to make, should they prob into the Dolphins’ affairs. In the last few weeks, the Dolphins have unloaded young stars Minkah Fitzpatrick and Laremy Tunsil in exchange for draft capital. Meanwhile, they’ve been outscored 102-10 through two weeks of the season.

LMAO. We were outscored 102-10 WITH Minkah Fitzpatrick. And if they think Tunsil and Stills would have altered the score in any way they are sadly mistaken.

What happens at midseason?
Well, considering the discussion around the team and the negative press after just two games, imagine if we lose 8 in a row in similar lopsided ways. The outcry is only going to get louder. I suspect if the NFL is going to investigate, they will have made their minds up to do so by then.

It’s one thing to lose players and be bad for a season, but this is the first time I have ever heard the language I am hearing now from sportscasters and athletes. This forum is calling it a tank job, so is everyone else. I have never heard that about another NFL team aside from fans before. The rhetoric is getting pretty loud.

haha…that pic is hilarious….I NEVER thought I'd see the day with a Dolphin fan with a bag over their head…my how times have changed...

Im not sure its even possible for more than about 20 seconds. The humidity is so bad that that guy would pass out in a minute.

A couple thoughts on this

1) This was a perfect storm of crap to start the season. We have over 25% of the roster join within 10 days of week 1 and we played the team we usually suck the most against for some reason and the results showed.

2) even if we did purposely tank, I cant find anything that says it is even against against any rules. If it isnt against the rules how can they punish us?

The noise will quiet down as we become more competitive as the season progresses. Our schedule will loosen up and the team will improve.

Exactly. They can change the rules for 2020 & move to a lottery, thats the only action I see possible. How could you punish Miami? They are playing within the league's parameters.

The loudest crybabies on this are all coming out of New York. They know Darnold and Jones ain't it, and the Dolphins were wise enough to position themselves and collect picks in a big QB draft. No one broke the rules, RICH EISEN, the Dolphins just *finally* played their cards better than your team has.

The article, like most from that site, is pure speculation, based on speculation.

Let me know when the phins have broken any spwcific rules. There is certainly no short term monetary benifit to "tanking", and the only long term gain is if the team becomes a contender. How is that "bad" for the NFL.

You may see some rule tweaks, such a a salary floor adjustment, but I doubt even that. Teams have to have a certain amount of flexibility. The alternative is a league of have and have nots. Also not in the best interests of a league promoting parity.

No, IMO, this is way more likely going to be an issue in the upcoming CBA, than in the NFL ownership circles.

I find it amusing that for years we always heard how bad the team is, how we were always placed at the bottom of any power rankings. But now that we are investing in our future big time, and have all the draft capital, they are losing their minds. What difference does it make now? They always said we sucked.

The NFL is going to have a very hard time trying to prove the Minkah Fitzpatrick trade was for the purpose of TANKING!!! Also having to prove the Texans didn't pursue Laremy Tunsil as hard as they did. The Texans pushed the Tunsil trade. They gave the Dolphins the overpay, for a player who's never made the pro bowl. Miami inquired about Clowney and pursued him to the point of being allowed to meet with him. The NFL has no case against Miami. I'm also willing to bet Miami has inquired about other players. If they were tanking, none of the above happens. It's going to be extremely hard to prove.

Back
Top Bottom