NFL Total Access and the Dolphins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Total Access and the Dolphins

Lee2000

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
I have read that a lot of you have complained about ESPN 's bias against the Dolphins. At least they give some attention. With the exception of an interview with Saban early on, the NFL Total Access hasn't been what I would call a beacon of light on the Dolphins. Yeah, they focused on Patrick Surtain and Ricky Williams, but I consider that different than talking about the team at large. Very very little content in terms of the number of times the team is focused on.

Is it me or do the Vikings, Raiders, Jaguars, and Ravens hold a place dear in the heart of that show. With the exception of Sam Madison being involved in commentary of the final 4 in college basketball do any of you recall the show going to "Dolphin cam"? This may be by design via Saban. I do not know. But they have had Bill on the show and several Patriots have been interviewed. I do not recall a single Dolphin interview on the show. Just me?

Comments welcome.

Lee2000 :confused:

I too have noticed that. I think it is a Saban thing. I have not seen Dolphin Cam and only 1 small 3 min blurb of Saban coaching followed by Gus Viking Highlights.

yes, you are both right on on that. seems like most the sports shows rush through Dolphin news all year every year. Very aggravating. The Raiders have sucked for several years now and still get mad press. We could have a 10 or 11 win season and the still seem to cover the 49ers or the ravens.

They also especially ESPN use Dolphin news as a teaser. Like "will Ricky come back? We'll let you know when we come back" Then 45 min later they have a 15 sec story saying "well we're not sure"

that's just an example but DAMN give us some press!!! (preferably good press);)

I like it that way when no one outside our group gives us any respect or press time(same thing I guess) When we sneak up and win a superbowl that will change.

yes that pisses me off as well...we sign randy Mueller and all the do is say "Well today the dolphins sign Randy Mueller as GM...now the raiders had #18 in camp and lets see how he looked..." and its just stupid they don't talk about us...but on the other hand i turned it onto NFL Network 2 nights ago and i was watching Playbook (i hate that show and usually don't watch) and the first thing they showed was inside dolphins training camp and let me tell you i was so happy...they showed saban coaching and all the players, but again didn't interview anyone and they all talked bad about the team except for Solomon Wilcox

We have done nothing yet, we stunk last year, when we start winning, they will come!

NJFINSFAN1 said:
We have done nothing yet, we stunk last year, when we start winning, they will come!

thats not it, i mean i has something to do with it, but serously every year they really don't focus in on Miami and usually if theres something on Miami its usually just bashing them or theres a ******* talking about us i.e. Sean Salsiburry

KostaTheGreek said:
thats not it, i mean i has something to do with it, but serously every year they really don't focus in on Miami and usually if theres something on Miami its usually just bashing them or theres a ******* talking about us i.e. Sean Salsiburry

That is IT dude. NFL Network hasn't been around that long. When Miami starts winning, their hand gets forced. Right now we are a 4-12 team that doesn't have any Monday Night games...meaning nobody wants to see or hear much about a loser football team.

Give it time, let Saban build it, and they will come. ;)

Superself said:
That is IT dude. NFL Network hasn't been around that long. When Miami starts winning, their hand gets forced. Right now we are a 4-12 team that doesn't have any Monday Night games...meaning nobody wants to see or hear much about a loser football team.

Give it time, let Saban build it, and they will come. ;)

thats why NFL Network doesn't talk about us...sorry i went a little off topic in my second post and i was talking about ESPN too, but on the hand the Raiders have sucked for awhile and it seems like NFL Network is on their B-A-L-L-S!

KostaTheGreek said:
thats why NFL Network doesn't talk about us...sorry i went a little off topic in my second post and i was talking about ESPN too, but on the hand the Raiders have sucked for awhile and it seems like NFL Network is on their B-A-L-L-S!

Well the Raiders are still the raiders, they have all kinds of nutty players and a owner who is always doing something to get in the news.

We were as Superself says, a 4-12 team, and we were a very dull bland 4-12 team. And we were all over NFL Network and ESPN when Ricky left and Wanny quit. Other then that, what the heck was there to write about.

Saban will get us going, but remember, he does not like leaks and has that media blackout. So chances are you still may not see much.

I am a big fan of NFL Total Access, it has got to be my favorite show on NFL Network. I do wish TA would give the Dolphins more publicity, but I am willing to be patient and wait considering it is just the offseason. Once the season starts, and we start winning games... I am thinking that we will be talked about a lot more EVERYWHERE! :cooldude:

saban was on the total acsess during the cobined they had him on the show, plus they cant focus on every team and they do talk about the fins when we got some big news about us

i disagree with you people who think ESPN is against the dolphins. I think ESPN gives Miami A LOT of coverage and most people think that when they have something bad to say against them that they are just trying to bash them. Newsflash, not everything about a 4-12 is going to be good. Get it thru your head.

Personally I feel that ANY news about the dolphins on ESPN is good news to me.

Gee the raiders signed one of the most exciting WR's and have ahad a pretty amazing offseason (for the raiders) seeing as moss has mass market appeal(eithere through love or hate) it helps ratings.

I think that our desire for dolphins makes it seem like there is so little to watch. NFL network does a lot of coverage of all the teams and I have seen them mention dolphins and dolphin players many times.

I have recorded at least 15 old games with the fins over the last 3 months, and the 2004 dolphins highlights video is scheduled for late this month, I was told ( can't imagine its more then 15 min.. jk )

the rest of my point is regurgatated from above. we are 4-12 till we change that we get what we get. I will say when we've made hirings such as Saban, there was tons of coverage. I expect to see some meuler coverage tonight as well.

Supposedly Saban turned down one of those NFL network crews from doing a training camp special on us, so that might have ticked them off a little more.

Back
Top Bottom