NFL Total Access Announces: 49ers picking Alex Smith | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Total Access Announces: 49ers picking Alex Smith

yes thats true

it is true cause once a team negotiates and signs a player .. they have to draft him so then the next team if they want could start negotiations with whomever they choose...

DonShula84 said:
Maybe they changed the rule then? I thought they said on ESPN today that only the team with the first pick can negotiate and how it is a nice advantage to have.

The second team can negotiate and sign a player before the draft...but only obviously after the 1st team....the top two teams are the only teams that have that right.

I don't think we'd want to negotiate with anyone, if SF has decided on Smith. Keep everyone guessing who we'll pick so we can get different teams bidding for our pick. If there are no takers, we still pick who we have rated highest.

Certainly not your Dudeness. I'm just wondering if the Alex Smith talk started too soon, which I think we can agree was done to throw mud in the water and generate some phone calls, giving the 49ers a chance to react.

As long as We get Ronnie Brown and Adrian McPherson ill die a happy man:cooldude:

Dolfan99847 said:
As long as We get Ronnie Brown and Adrian McPherson ill die a happy man:cooldude:

And if this happens youll die as a man that never knew a Miami Dolphins Championship. IMO. :shakeno:

How many times have you heard " no quality at no.2 for RB" give the draft Brown talk a rest, he's not coming to miami. Check with me this time next week if you don't believe.

Dolfan99847 said:

Adrian McPherson, the second coming of Quincy Carter.

A. Mcpherson is the second QC. I say no to him too.

4U2NV said:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2040137

I would be seriously disappointed in anything other than a RB. Without a RB it doesn't matter how many good WRs we have, we're still a one-dimensional football team. Ronnie or bust!

Finally someone with some sense! I've been echoing this for a while now. Marge's husband(s) have been saying to draft a wr because they are their favorite player. How is that any different than Saban drafting only LSU players??? We'd be all over that with all kinds of insults and complaints.

Big deal. We won't know anything for sure until draft day comes around and the announcements are made.

AZStryker said:
Finally someone with some sense! I've been echoing this for a while now. Marge's husband(s) have been saying to draft a wr because they are their favorite player. How is that any different than Saban drafting only LSU players??? We'd be all over that with all kinds of insults and complaints.

Does it matter? We are drafting a QB anyways!!

Back
Top Bottom