NFL Total Access Announces: 49ers picking Alex Smith | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Total Access Announces: 49ers picking Alex Smith

NIMA

Starter
Reaction score
NFL Total Access just announced that Alex Smith is being picked over Aaron Rodgers. All that remains to finalize it is the issue of money but aside from that they say the 49ers are set.

There is already another thread about this.

I haven't been watching NFL Total Access tonight, but if this is true, as soon as they finalize the money we will be on the clock. We can start negotiating with players then.

Nublar7 said:
I haven't been watching NFL Total Access tonight, but if this is true, as soon as they finalize the money we will be on the clock. We can start negotiating with players then.

I don't think we can. The rule states unles you are picking #1 overall, you can't talk money with players.

If we dont trade down then Edwards would have to be the pick at #2. I think that Saban feels that there are RB's that can be drafted in the 3rd that can start. A WR like Edwards could help out our passing game and make Feeley become a better QB.

MikeO said:
I don't think we can. The rule states unles you are picking #1 overall, you can't talk money with players.
Really? I thought once the team in front of you picks, the next team can pick and then so on.

if there are RB's worthy of a starting job, they'd be taken before RD. 3. Edwards may help feeley, but without a RB, we're one dimensional and defenses can pick us apart. i've got no major objections to Braylon, i just think Ronnie Brown is a better idea.

I really don't want to see us draft Rodgers.

Nublar7 said:
Really? I thought once the team in front of you picks, the next team can pick and then so on.

But, technically they haven't picked. And I believe the rule states that ONLY the team with the #1 selection in the first round can talk contract with players.

yea, i agree with nublar here, i remember weeks in advance when Houstan had their stuff figured out, a few days before the draft i remeber Carolina was finalizing things with Peppers.

MikeO said:
But, technically they haven't picked. And I believe the rule states that ONLY the team with the #1 selection in the first round can talk contract with players.

Correct.....only the #1 selection can negotiate w/prospective draftees regardless if they sign him or not.

MikeO said:
Ok, thanks for correcting that for me. I have been thinking wrong all these years. :lol:

NIMA said:
NFL Total Access just announced that Alex Smith is being picked over Aaron Rodgers. All that remains to finalize it is the issue of money but aside from that they say the 49ers are set.

Is this confirmed with the Niners? Meaning....is this another speculative rumour? Just because it was heard on the NFL network it doesnt mean it's not a rumour. Now if they have a contract worked out...then its set.

What A Shame We Missed The Boat

I hope that for Miami's fans sake that AJ feeley is as good as you guys say he is--with an offensive wall around him

Back
Top Bottom