NFL Trade Deadline is NOV 2 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Trade Deadline is NOV 2

I think we need to start holding on to our better vets. Besides, if we have a fire sale, that means we are starting the rebuild all over again.
Not necessarily. Other than Howard I don’t consider any of these players core pieces of a contender. Also I’m not suggesting Miami trades everyone I listed, just saying I won’t be surprised if one of them is traded.

Not necessarily. Other than Howard I don’t consider any of these players core pieces of a contender. Also I’m not suggesting Miami trades everyone I listed, just saying I won’t be surprised if one of them is traded.
Nothing would surprise me at this point.

Gesicki is not seen as a core player because the coaching staff has no idea how to use him so he can catch 8-10 balls a game. If he goes to a team like the Bills, Seahawks, Saints, or some of the other teams with quality OC’s he would be a regular pro bowl TE.

Howard has had 2 excellent seasons in his 6 years with the Dolphins. Otherwise he has been either injured or played at a very average level. He is considered the best player on the Dolphins defense because of his play last year and also because the defense doesn’t have have any other player that is better than average at this time.

I actually consider Gesicki a more valuable player for the Dolphins than Howard. Especially because how ineffective Howard has been for the last four games.

Gesicki is not seen as a core player because the coaching staff has no idea how to use him so he can catch 8-10 balls a game. If he goes to a team like the Bills, Seahawks, Saints, or some of the other teams with quality OC’s he would be a regular pro bowl TE.

Howard has had 2 excellent seasons in his 6 years with the Dolphins. Otherwise he has been either injured or played at a very average level. He is considered the best player on the Dolphins defense because of his play last year and also because the defense doesn’t have have any other player that is better than average at this time.

I actually consider Gesicki a more valuable player for the Dolphins than Howard. Especially because how ineffective Howard has been for the last four games.
I agree about Gesicki but if I was him I wouldn’t even want to come back to this mess. I also think in the long run he would be more important than Howard because In today’s nfl it’s more important to have a good offense and just an average defense.

I would trade everyone on that list if the price is right. We could probably gouge a team like Tampa for X and Jones. But, if we do this, Grier needs to be GONE before the draft!!! That ****head cannot be allowed to make another pick for us!!!
You’re talking about a compete burn it down again that we just did 3 years ago. Expecting different results w the same owner and GM?

You are a great poster ‘72 but I disagree w this. Howard has been terrific since his 2nd year. His rookie year he won the starting job over a decent vet, took some lumps (got hurt), came back for the playoff game and recorded his first career INT. Great corners more important than TEs but agree MG isn’t being used properly here.

I’ve been saying since the off-season I didn’t expect MG to be back as I don’t think this staff values him as much as some of us do. For whatever reason I fully expect them to let him walk as I can’t see them paying what they will need to for a guy they don’t view as a core player (you’re spot on).

You’re talking about a compete burn it down again that we just did 3 years ago. Expecting different results w the same owner and GM?
New GM and coaching staff. Let Grier make the trades. He's good at that. Trade ANYONE that you can get fair value for. Then fire Grier. Make McKenzie interim GM. Fire Flores. Make Boyer interim head coach. Start searching for new management early

New GM and coaching staff. Let Grier make the trades. He's good at that. Trade ANYONE that you can get fair value for. Then fire Grier. Make McKenzie interim GM. Fire Flores. Make Boyer interim head coach. Start searching for new management early
I don’t have the appetite for another rebuild from scratch situation. We probably should see if Tua is the “guy” before we do anything drastic.

You are a great poster ‘72 but I disagree w this. Howard has been terrific since his 2nd year. His rookie year he won the starting job over a decent vet, took some lumps (got hurt), came back for the playoff game and recorded his first career INT. Great corners more important than TEs but agree MG isn’t being used properly here.

I’ve been saying since the off-season I didn’t expect MG to be back as I don’t think this staff values him as much as some of us do. For whatever reason I fully expect them to let him walk as I can’t see them paying what they will need to for a guy they don’t view as a core player (you’re spot on).
I said Howard is the best player on defense but I just think in the game today, a player like Gesicki is more important because it is a passing game now. I am not advocating trading Howard and he is still under contract for 4 years after this season. Gesicki is a free agent and unless they resign him or franchise him, they will likely only get a possible 3rd round supplemental pick if he signs with another team.

They may also get nothing for him if they sign a lot of high priced free agents in 2022. Perhaps Long will be able to become a more complete TE since he was a top receiving TE at BC and he is suppose to be better as a blocker than Gesicki. Yet Long hasn’t even been able to make the active roster much this season, so we really don’t know what he offers to the offense.

I expect Howard to be a Dolphin next year but with the OC’s inability to get Gesicki more involved in the offense, you have to wonder if he even has any interest in remaining with the Dolphins beyond this year.

I said Howard is the best player on defense but I just think in the game today, a player like Gesicki is more important because it is a passing game now. I am not advocating trading Howard and he is still under contract for 4 years after this season. Gesicki is a free agent and unless they resign him or franchise him, they will likely only get a possible 3rd round supplemental pick if he signs with another team.

They may also get nothing for him if they sign a lot of high priced free agents in 2022. Perhaps Long will be able to become a more complete TE since he was a top receiving TE at BC and he is suppose to be better as a blocker than Gesicki. Yet Long hasn’t even been able to make the active roster much this season, so we really don’t know what he offers to the offense.

I expect Howard to be a Dolphin next year but with the OC’s inability to get Gesicki more involved in the offense, you have to wonder if he even has any interest in remaining with the Dolphins beyond this year.
Yeah when they picked along is when I thought MG was on his way out. We simply don’t use him as a cornerstone of the offense. It’s weird.

Yeah when they picked along is when I thought MG was on his way out. We simply don’t use him as a cornerstone of the offense. It’s weird.
They run five yard patterns for Waddle and rarely have plays run to utilize Gesicki’s skill set. I have honestly seen high school offenses that are better than the offense these two coordinators have come up with.

They run five yard patterns for Waddle and rarely have plays run to utilize Gesicki’s skill set. I have honestly seen high school offenses that are better than the offense these two coordinators have come up with.
Never liked the 2 OC idea. I know Gailey is water under the bridge but we had a real NFL offense last year. And we didn’t under gase his last 2 years and we don’t know. Could really use an experienced play caller.

Never liked the 2 OC idea. I know Gailey is water under the bridge but we had a real NFL offense last year. And we didn’t under gase his last 2 years and we don’t know. Could really use an experienced play caller.
Gailey was a good OC for a veteran QB but he really was never good at developing younger QB’s. I really don’t know why Flores has such hard time hiring good offensive coaches.
‘Yet after hiring 4 OC’s and 4 OL coaches in less than 2 years, I can guess that no top tier offensive coaches want to work for a HC who changes coaches as often as he changes his underwear.

Gailey was a good OC for a veteran QB but he really was never good at developing younger QB’s. I really don’t know why Flores has such hard time hiring good offensive coaches.
‘Yet after hiring 4 OC’s and 4 OL coaches in less than 2 years, I can guess that no top tier offensive coaches want to work for a HC who changes coaches as often as he changes his underwear.
At least Gailey was a seasoned pro. I am sure he could have come up with something given the plan. If Flo has his nose in this thing no quality OC will come here

Back
Top Bottom