NFL Trade Deadline is NOV 2 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Trade Deadline is NOV 2

Nobody is trading for Jones’s contract. The Pats could barely give Gilmore away.

Baker and Devante are both terrible players who nobody else would give consideration to acquire. We could cut them both tomorrow, and they may not find a new home this season. Baker is everything that’s wrong with our defense in a nutshell. Parker is slow and can’t stay on the field. There are current free agents better than both of them.

Gesicki and X may have some trade value, but I think Gesicki should be part of the rebuild.

X is probably the only real trade option, and I doubt we’d get a high pick for him. Maybe a third that could upgrade to a second based on performance.

Trade anything that brings back some value. Howard, Jones, Jesse Davis and Jerome Baker, could potentially get a few decent returns.

An early 2nd round pick is almost as good as a late 1st. If we tank, at least we'd be drafting early in other rounds, right?

An early 2nd round pick is almost as good as a late 1st. If we tank, at least we'd be drafting early in other rounds, right?
Yes, and I was thinking the same thing. This year is toast, fire Grier, bring in a new GM. Let him use that 80 mil in cap $ and picks early in every round, still have Niners pick and they are struggling. But cut the head off the snake first or we will keep spinning our wheels.

Miami’s next 3 games before then:

VS Jacksonville
VS Atlanta
@ Buffalo

No way Miami is going 3-0. 2-1 is best case scenario. So they’re probably 3-5 at the deadline. Playoffs unlikely.

Won’t be surprised if Grier gets rid of people for draft picks.

Some Candidates:

Xavien Howard- going to be drama again in the off-season again with his contract Miami may want to avoid that and just trade him now for a draft pick and relief.

Byron Jones- some contender like Tampa or Kansas City could be looking to trade for a Corner, his deal is better than Howard’s.

Mike Gesicki- team hardly uses him, no way he comes back on a hometown discount. It’s going to be pricey to keep him via overpaying or franchise tag. Should have extended him in the off-season, I just hope he doesn’t go to Buffalo in the off-season. Trade him now get a pick and not have to worry about the mystery of a comp pick for letting him walk.

DeVante Parker- dude is always knicked up missing games and he’s not a true #1 like Miami insists on using him as such. Team friendly deal might get a 3rd at best, most likely a 4th. Parker much more useful as a 3rd or 4th option so that when he misses games it doesn’t hurt the offense as much.

Jerome Baker- just signed a new deal but can Miami find some one that likes Baker as much as Miami does. Could be another 4th pick but we have to eat some of his salary.

Thoughts?
I don't care who we trade for picks as long as Grier and Flores are NOT doing the drafting with those picks

X isn’t going anywhere. He’s vital to the potential trade package with Houston. Would be shocked if they dealt him at the deadline but if he was that dramatically lowers the chances we try to trade for DW4.

Jerome Baker is here to stay. At least through the end of next year.

DVP could be a trade option. Probably looking at a 2nd/3rd depending on the team. If it was to a contender then a late 2nd. To a team that’s teetering on the fringe of making the playoffs then probably a 3rd.

As bad as I’d hate to see him go Mike Gesicki probably makes the most sense to trade bc at this point if he were in the future plans they would have already resigned him and we don’t draft Hunter Long. He makes sense to trade to a contender as basically a rental and get back a 2nd/3rd. I think it’s a huge mistake letting him walk. He’s a pro bowl player if used correctly.

Byron Jones isn’t going anywhere. Nobody is taking on his contract plus we’re not going to take that large of a cap hit just to get back a 2nd/3rd round pick.

I would be surprised to see us be a seller at the deadline bc that’s basically throwing in the towel on the season and being that Grier especially has job security issues and Flo to a lesser extent that would be like someone telling their boss to fire me. Don’t think Grier is going to go away that quietly even though it shouldn’t even be in question at this point.

If anything I honestly think we’ll try to add a player or two to keep our slim hopes alive and that’s only bc of like I said job security issues for Grier. Just seems like the type of guy to go down swinging and he knows he’s on the hot seat so why not try a desperation move or two. If it works and we somehow finished strong and made the playoffs or barely missed then he keeps his job. If it doesn’t work then why would Grier care that he traded away more of our draft picks.

Y’all are crazy. Grier isn’t getting to do another fire sale of the team again.

Grier & Flores better kiss Tua’s ass to save them from looking like a dumpster fire against Jacksonville.

I know there's a lot of anti-Grier sentiment, but at least Miami is in great shape salary cap wise.

Meaning, I'd keep top players like Gesicki and Howard. Bring in the best offensive lineman in free agency and start from there.

This season doesn't have to be a tear down, or a lost season either.

X might bring a 1st

Jones might bring a 2nd or 3rd

Parker a 4th at the most

Gesicki a 3rd but prob a 4th bc he's a FA

Baker.... no one will want Baker with that contract.

Seems like every media outlet is talking about Watson trade is imminent. We made our offer of 3 firsts, 1 second and 2 thirds. I think Texans are waiting for another offer. If one doesnt happen we probably get Watson.

Seems like every media outlet is talking about Watson trade is imminent. We made our offer of 3 firsts, 1 second and 2 thirds. I think Texans are waiting for another offer. If one doesnt happen we probably get Watson.
If I was Houston, I would have never hung that phone call up if we actually offered that. What a $hitty deal for us. Grier/Flores/Ross can't be that stupid right?

If I was Houston, I would have never hung that phone call up if we actually offered that. What a $hitty deal for us. Grier/Flores/Ross can't be that stupid right?
There seems to be way too much chatter for this to be a hoax, but anything is possible. Would I offer this for Watson? Hell no. Who knows what will happen with his case. Some times it takes years to clear these things up.

Back
Top Bottom