Nfl Video Of The New Helmet Rule | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nfl Video Of The New Helmet Rule

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Well, I see that the NFL is once again ignoring offensive players that use their helmets as battering rams to gain extra yards.

Like someone in the Twitter comments said this is going to be so inconsistently called by the refs that it's going to end up being a joke. Some of those hits also looked unavoidable as far as contact with the helmet. This is going to be a mess imo there are going to be calls where a defensive player goes in for the tackle and then the offensive player moves at the last moment and then all of a sudden it's helmet contact and draws a flag.

How do I know that this new rule is going to turn into the Patriots winning games with help of the refs?

It just shows the NFL is in its death throes.

No helmet technology available yet to save the game.

The head down at contact is instinctual...it’s the least of the head injury issue to boot. Human beings’ brains sloshing around in their skulls when we are slung to the ground at great force is a much greater issue.

Another frustrating season with more ammo for the refs to help the patriots win coming up.

What happens if the back lowers his head to engage contact and the defender as well? I would say both should be penalized not just the defender. Don't make it one of those silly rules that state a defender can't do something but it's ok for an offensive player to do the same thing. Such as hands to the face by a defender is illegal but a ball carrier stiff arming a defender to the head is legal.

We all understand trying to make the NFL safer, but this........

Back
Top Bottom