NFL Week 11 Mock Draft | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Week 11 Mock Draft

You clearly have a much better handle on the college talent than I do. You also obviously put a lot of thought into this very impressive looking mock draft. So, I would like to ask you about the Fins pick. I would have thought the ONLY 2 positions not high on our draft piority would be RB and DL! Why would we spend a 1st rd pick on our strongest position when we have no secondary, a struggling OL and no QB? Do you see other (free agent/ draft) solutions to our most glaring needs?

Tim1958 said:
You clearly have a much better handle on the college talent than I do. You also obviously put a lot of thought into this very impressive looking mock draft. So, I would like to ask you about the Fins pick. I would have thought the ONLY 2 positions not high on our draft piority would be RB and DL! Why would we spend a 1st rd pick on our strongest position when we have no secondary, a struggling OL and no QB? Do you see other (free agent/ draft) solutions to our most glaring needs?

because traylor is like 35, we have no quality back up. we picked secondary with our 2nd pick, our OLine isnt struggling, and theres no QB woth taking.

i didnt make the mock, but thats my thoughts on why

No criticisms from me, other than wondering where Hank Baskett is in all this, but just wanted to point out what kind of disparity we're seeing as far as the WR position among draft sites and draftniks. This position is not going to look very apparent until we get some Combine measurements, I think. There's certainly no Braylon Edwards or Larry Fitzgerald in this crowd, that's for sure.

I know Kiper is pretty high on him, his #3 senior WR, but I'm not as high on him because I haven't seen him play &, by stat watching, he hasn't matched up against any good corners. This draft is pretty weak overall in this area, especially at the top. Receivers will come down to team preference becaise the talent level is about the same for the top 10.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Hank Baskett could end up the top WR prospect in the country after the Senior Bowl and Combine.

It'll be nice to see him go up against some of the top corners. I'm also interested in how fast he really is.

I also love D'Qwell Jackson... a great playmaker and nose for the ball. But I think he is also gunna fall some more (to around mid-second) because he is so undersized at 6'0 225lbs...

Tony Dungy likes players of his size at OLB, that's one of the reasons I have him so high. Dungy has a former SS, Cato June, at WLB & SLB David Thorton (6'2 230) is a free agent, so D'Qwell fits in well there.

But one thing I didn't see.. Where was the QB of the future for the phins?

I wasn't going to compromise the realism of my mock just for the sake of giving us Leinart in the first or Cutler in the 2nd. I'd love to have either but it just isn't likely.

Why would we spend a 1st rd pick on our strongest position when we have no secondary, a struggling OL and no QB? Do you see other (free agent/ draft) solutions to our most glaring needs?

I agree, our secondary is the weakest unit on the team, but you have to think about getting value on the first day regardless of position. I love Michael Huff but #6 is a bit of a reach for him. The only DB worthy of #6, according to draft experts but not me, is Jimmy Williams, who is gone before our pick in my mock. DT is a position of need for us, especially a NT. Keith Traylor & Jeff Zgonina are both well over 30. Manny Wright & Kevin Vickerson are both very raw & Vickerson is coming off a torn ACL, & Holliday is really playing out of position. So Ngata would be a nice pick for us. Our oline isn't struggling anymore. Mr. Houck seems to have fixed that. McInstosh & Carey have been great of late though I think our interior could use a boost. QB, again, it's BPA, no reaches.

Hey Smad..hypothetical..say there is 15 WRs worth taking a look at with Green being 15th..where would you see him ending up?? In the 4th??

ether79 said:
Hey Smad..hypothetical..say there is 15 WRs worth taking a look at with Green being 15th..where would you see him ending up?? In the 4th??

That's pretty interesting because that's right where I have him, & yes, somewhere in the 4th & maybe a high in that round because he adds value as a return man.

SMadison29 said:
That's pretty interesting because that's right where I have him, & yes, somewhere in the 4th & maybe a high in that round because he adds value as a return man.

Sweet, the WR postion is the one I've been lacking on when it comes to projecting..I think I'm catching on now...how about Moss around the same??

ether79 said:
Sweet, the WR postion is the one I've been lacking on when it comes to projecting..I think I'm catching on now...how about Moss around the same??

WR this year is the hardest to get a grasp on & I'm not sure anyone really has one. Kiper's top seniors are Hagan, Moss, Baskett, Stovall, & B.Williams. A lot have D.Williams, Nance, & Avant up high. I have it as:

1-Santonio Holmes, Ohio St*
2a-Derek Hagan, Arizona St
2b-Demetrius Williams, Oregon
4-Steve Smith, USC*
5-Jason Hill, Washington St*
6-Chad Jackson, Florida*
7-Greg Lee, Pittsburgh*
8-Martin Nance, Miami Ohio
9-Hank Baskett, New Mexico
10-Sinorice Moss, Miami
11-Maurice Stovall, Notre Dame
12-Jason Avant, Michigan
13-Mike Hass, Oregon St
14-Brandon Williams, Wisconsin
15-Travis Wilson, Oklahoma
16-Skyler Green, LSU
17-Jonathan Orr, Wisconsin
18-Todd Watkins, BYU
19-Greg Jennings, Western Michigan
20-Nicheron Flowers, Nevada

kastofsna120 said:
if sinorice moss is better than mike hass than moss must be incredible. he's not

I haven't seen anyone of relevance rate Hass better than Moss.

kastofsna120 said:
moss isn't better at hass in any area other than speed

I agree that Moss isn't that great. He has good speed & agility but that's all I see of him. He's another Roscoe, not Santana.

Nice work SMadison.

What kind of players do you think the Fins might be looking at in the 3rd & 4th rounds?

kastofsna120 said:
if sinorice moss is better than mike hass than moss must be incredible. he's not

why is hass really that good? i dont think so IMO. i would rate him above Avant. but if alot of Juniors come out, which they should because this WR class sucks, then he could fall pretty far.

Toneboy said:
Nice work SMadison.

What kind of players do you think the Fins might be looking at in the 3rd & 4th rounds?

In the 3rd I'd say BPA. Since we'd be the 8th pick in the 3rd round here's an idea: WRs Hank Baskett & Sinorice Moss, TE Dominique Byrd, C Ryan Cook, DE Kamerion Wimbley, OLB/ILBs Rocky McIntosh & Spencer Havner, CB Alan Zemaitis, & FS Anthony Smith (listed 9 players because TE is a postion we'll probably avoid).

In the 4th QB Whitehurst or Croyle.

Back
Top Bottom