NFL Week 14 Mock Draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Week 14 Mock Draft

RAS25 said:
i think kyle young will have somthin to say about that;) ...also it seems eslinger is a system center and would only work in denver or atlantas scheme

Nah...i actually forgot about Ryan Cook the big 6''7 320 lb Center from New Mexico. Hes real big and his wingspan doesnt allow lbs to get by him...in college anyway ;)

I like the mock man, but where do we get our QB for the future at?

Who cares about a qb if we get greenway. Instant stud I would sell my soul for both roth and greeny on the dolphs

TjHawk said:
Who cares about a qb if we get greenway. Instant stud I would sell my soul for both roth and greeny on the dolphs

we are halfway there bro.i really do believe that if greenway is there when we pick he will be a phin....he is a total saban player and a absolute monster who can come and immediatley fill seaus spot :up: lets bring him to the phins nick:)

byroan said:
Erik Meyer in the 4th. :D

:yes: biggest sleeper in the draft imo ;)

Also having a lb rotation that looks like

Crowder
Thomas
Greenway

now thats awesome :evil:

Oh... just noticed, I think we would take Minter over Miles in the second round.

Minter has really dominated wr's this year. Plus he is tough against the run... sounds like a perfect Saban kind of kid...

Thought about it but I think it comes down to BPA & with Poole coming back I don't really see CB as that great a need to overtake that BPA.

wait taking a closer look now couple things i see wrong Harris from miami in the first round is about 2 rounds higher then the kids actually gonna go.

Two rounds higher than he's gonna go? He played great this year & his stock is way up to about where it was after his sophomore year, & I may actually have him going too low. He's Kiper's #10 overall player (no underclassmen) which is his #1 DT, & Scout Inc's Todd McShay has him as their #17 overall player (underclassmen included) which is their #2 DT behind only Ngata.

Eslinger is the best center in the draft.

He's not very big & is too much of a finese blocker. He's a Broncos type olineman. Mangold is actually the top rated center, has a mean streak & a bull like run blocker.

kastofsna120 said:
i'd rather get a good quarterback than erik meyer in the 4th and greenway in the 1st

So would I. I like Meyer but he wouldn't be ready until his 3rd season at the minimum. We can't afford to wait that long.

Gabe Watson is imo a first round lock right now his stock has soared higher then any dts except ngatas and should easily be a top 20 pick.

His stock isn't up that high, it's actually down because of that "fat, slow, lazy" thing. He's not one of Kiper's top 7 senior DTs & isn't one of Scout Inc's top 5 DTs, which isn't on either's big board.

Where do we get our QB from? Free Agency?

At this point, yes. It may even be *gulp* Frerotte again. Kerry Collins, Aaron Brooks, Joey Harrington, Jeff Garcia, or Kurt Warner could be options. I'd love for us to get Brees but that probably isn't going to happen. Looking for a QB of the future will be much easier next offseason with Brady Quinn, Drew Stanton, Marcus Vick, Sam Keller, & Jordan Palmer in the draft, Schaub will be an RFA, Ramsey, Simms, & Ragone will be UFAs.

If Carr resigns with Houston, I highly doubt SF drafts a QB and if I am drafting 3rd, the only way I trade up for Leinart is if I feel another team is willing to trade up and jump me to get Leinart. Therefore who do you feel might trade up to get Leinart in the 1st or 2nd spot? That would be the only reasoning the Jets would make that trade if they seriously felt another team was going to jump them.

Right now, from what I've read anyway, if any team trades up to #1 it will be to grab Leinart because of the thin QB class & so many teams in the top 15 of the draft needing QBs. The Jets could feel insecure with New Orleans, Tennessee, Arizona, Detroit, Baltimore, Oakland, & us.

Also, do you seriously think Max JeanGiles will fall THAT far into the 2nd round? Personally I think he is a late 1st round pick and I would definately grab him up if he falls that far in the second, but I dont see it happening. I think he is a sure fire cant miss OG stud in the NFL and I would love to grab him.... but I dont think its possible.

From the respectable sources I read Gilles is around #25 of senior prospects. I got slightly away from the BPA theory I use because olinemen such as Mangold or Whitworth should not be taken ahead of Gilles. But someone unexpected does fall in every draft, & two of our top young players from the past two drafts are examples of that (Poole & Crowder).

Do the Jets plan on keeping Pennington for a year and then cut him and just suck up the cap hit? That would be a good trade for Houston because they can get the position of need and save cash on him and get more draft picks. But I dont know if the Jets need to make that trade.

My guess would be that they cut him now & take their losses on a bad investment. He's due $6M base salary alone next year. Restructuring that only to cut him in 07 would be foolish because it'll be even more of a cap hit.

Also for houston Leonard Pope would be a great pick but that teams defense really sucks so i could easily see them going dbrick round 1 then just taking defense the rest of the way

This is something I've thought about a good bit. Yes their defense is bad, especially their run D that's the NFL's worst. With Capers getting canned they'll likely switch to a 4-3 D, which can only help their run D with rotating DTs Gary Walker/Seth Payne (one will be released), Robaire Smith, & Travis Johnson. Also, with their putrid offense improving, especially Carr's time to find open receivers their D wouldn't be on the field as long.

Do the Jets have the cap room to keep Abraham plus trade up to the #1 overall and pay QB money????

That's something I didn't do any research on, so I'll start. Law is due a lot of money & will be cut because of an enormous roster bonus. Martin is due $6.2M in base next year, that ain't happening. 32 year old olineman Pete Kendall & Jason Fabini are due a combined $7.5M in base, again, that aint happening. So this is very easily manageable, at glance, through cap casualties & restructuring. Also, Alex Smith's cap # this year is $4.5M so it's not that out of reach.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/NFL_SC-RUMOR

John Abraham has no interest in being the Jets' franchise player next offseason, according to the New York Post. He wants a long-term deal so that he can remain with the Jets. ... Curtis Martin's future with the Jets will revolve around a certai, according to the Newark Star-Ledger. He's slated to earn $8.1 million next season and says he has no intention of retiring.

That's a pretty good mock. IMO Rod Wright will impress a lot of people at the combine and move up but I'm sure that's the case with a lot of guys. I'd be pretty happy with that draft as I like all 3 guys you have us taking (Remember when Ronnie squashed Jason Allen by the way ;)).

Heres the DTS i see going ahead of Orien Harris

Haloti Ngata
Gabe Watson
Rodrique Wright
Claude Wroten
Jesse Mahelona

So imo i think harris is the 6th best DT on the board i'd take the kid for depth in the 3rd but him going in the first he'd have to have a huge combine imo...;)

Your right about Nick Mangold though hes very good...i just felt eslinger did a better job this year but your right again hes a finesse blocker making him fit a denver system. I still love Ryan Cook from new mexico that kids a monster :D

Back
Top Bottom