Nfl: Why The Miami Dolphins Have The Worst Schedule In 2019 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nfl: Why The Miami Dolphins Have The Worst Schedule In 2019

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
SC-Miami-Dolphins-worst-sked-1-GettyImages-1034498098.jpg

One of the ways in which the NFL tries to encourage parity is by giving harder schedules to teams that win more games. That makes it easier for teams that struggled the previous year to stay competitive. The Miami Dolphins went 7-9 last year, which is not good by any stretch, but they weren’t horrible. One would assume the Dolphins would have a correspondingly average schedule to go with their mediocre record. That would assumption would be wrong.

The Miami Dolphins have the worst NFL schedule in 2019, and there’s one big reason for it.

https://www.sportscasting.com/nfl/miami-dolphins-worst-nfl-schedule-2019/

I dodn't have to read the article......our schedule looks hard because our team won't be very good this year so the teams we're playing will be hard to beat.

Guess what, 14 of our 16 games are the same as New England, NY Jets and Buffalo.

Guess what, in 2020, 14 of our 16 games are the same as New England, NY Jets and Buffalo

Guess what, in 2021, 14 of our 16 games are the same as New England, NY Jets and Buffalo

Guess what, in 2022, 14 of our 16 games are the same as New England, NY Jets and Buffalo

Guess what, in 2023, 14 of our 16 games are the same as New England, NY Jets and Buffalo

Guess what, 14 of our 16 games are the same as New England, NY Jets and Buffalo.

Guess what, in 2020, 14 of our 16 games are the same as New England, NY Jets and Buffalo

Guess what, in 2021, 14 of our 16 games are the same as New England, NY Jets and Buffalo

Guess what, in 2022, 14 of our 16 games are the same as New England, NY Jets and Buffalo

Guess what, in 2023, 14 of our 16 games are the same as New England, NY Jets and Buffalo

Read the article. Those teams aren't leaving their own back yard. This is another example of forfeiting a few percent expectancy instead of stealing a few percent.

We would be far better off in a regionally appropriate division. I can't believe nobody in the organization was bright enough to push for that when Jacksonville and Carolina entered the league. Other teams shifted around and we stupidly sat where we were. I'm not saying we could have gotten out of the AFC East but there should have been a huge attempt.

Granted, the isolated location is a problem in its own right.

Read the article. Those teams aren't leaving their own back yard. This is another example of forfeiting a few percent expectancy instead of stealing a few percent.

We would be far better off in a regionally appropriate division. I can't believe nobody in the organization was bright enough to push for that when Jacksonville and Carolina entered the league. Other teams shifted around and we stupidly sat where we were. I'm not saying we could have gotten out of the AFC East but there should have been a huge attempt.

Granted, the isolated location is a problem in its own right.
I did read it and the first half of the article specifically talks about WHO we play

I can't be 100% sure, but there may be a trend here...

It's not 14 of 16 it is 12 of 16 common opponents.

Miami has to play four 10+ win playoff teams in Patriots 2 times, Colts and Chargers for combined 44-20 record (11-5, 11-5, 10-6, 12-4).

New England gets to play two playoff teams and two against a team with losing record in Dolphins 2 times, Texans and Chiefs for combined 37-27 record (7-9, 7-9, 11-5, 12-4).

It's not 14 of 16 it is 12 of 16 common opponents.

Miami has to play four 10+ win playoff teams in Patriots 2 times, Colts and Chargers for combined 44-20 record (11-5, 11-5, 10-6, 12-4).

New England gets to play two playoff teams and two against a team with losing record in Dolphins 2 times, Texans and Chiefs for combined 37-27 record (7-9, 7-9, 11-5, 12-4).
OK, we play them, they play us, then only 2 different opponents.

schedule always look hard in may. wait tell oct. some of these team will nt be that good.

It seems like EVERY season someone posts something like this... EVERY season we have the worse or one of the worse schedules....

Already lining up the excuses why we suck... schedules are "made" in advance and if our schedule seems "tough" it's because we haven't proven to be competitive over the past few seasons …. every schedule is tough when you haven't won consistently

Start winning and this narrative will be an after thought like it has been in New England for awhile

It seems like EVERY season someone posts something like this... EVERY season we have the worse or one of the worse schedules....

While I can relate to your point in the past; this is a gauntlet of a schedule as it stands. Only game we be favored in is the foreskins.

I’ll say this; if we go 8-8 with Rosen with this schedule and roster ( which offensively I think is underrated) ... give him the keys. It’ll b more of an 8-8 accomplishment TH did in any of his years.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom