Nfl's Failing Proposal To Correct Instant Replay 2019 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nfl's Failing Proposal To Correct Instant Replay 2019

Phindog

Active Roster
Reaction score
NFL committee proposes revamp of instant replay

The first proposal would add fouls for pass interference to the list of reviewable plays. The second would include fouls for pass interference but also would add fouls for roughing the passer and unnecessary hits against a defenseless receiver. Importantly, neither would allow review of plays in which no fouls were called, meaning they could not be used in the future to address the kind of controversial missed pass interference call that occurred late in the fourth quarter of the NFC Championship Game.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26325397/nfl-committee-proposes-revamp-instant-replay

Whooop Tee Freakin Dooo.......useless!

they dont need to change replay. they just need to add the eye in the sky ref

Our screams are being heard, if not this year maybe next.:woot:

Proposal calls for NFL non-calls to be reviewed

PHOENIX -- The NFL's competition committee has introduced a new proposal for expanding replay that would allow some non-calls to be reviewed, a response to a nearly three-hour meeting Monday in which all 32 coaches expressed support for finding a way to correct clear and obvious officiating mistakes no matter how they happen.

Unlike a pair of proposals submitted last week, the new rule would have addressed the controversial failure of officials to call pass interference in the fourth quarter of the Los Angeles Rams' 26-23 victory over the New Orleans Saints in the NFC Championship Game.

Saints coach Sean Payton arrived as the league's annual media breakfast more than 15 minutes early Tuesday to continue advocating for replay expansion.

"People would say [to me], 'Stop,'" Payton said. "But I'm not complaining at all. It's just trying to think forward here. It's what deductible are you comfortable with? [We] just got hit with this event. I don't think it was good for anyone. Coaches met yesterday for 2 1/2 hours. It's the best meeting I've been a part of in my 13 years."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26365371/proposal-calls-nfl-non-calls-reviewed

" Refs Moonlighting as 'Florists"?????? So if the refs blow the call, they send you flowers?????:lol:

Sean Payton miffed at NFL for being 'comfortable with what happened,' Refs Moonlighting as 'Florists'

This is the offseason of replay in the NFL, with everyone widely assuming some kind of change would be coming to the instant replay situation in the wake of the Saints getting hosed in the NFC Championship Game when the officials on the field failed to throw a flag for an obvious pass interference penalty.

But ownership has made it fairly clear that no significant change is coming for replay -- CBS Sports NFL Insider Jason La Canfora said on Tuesday's Pick Six Podcast that it's unlikely we see a "seismic shift" in how replay is handled.

"As much as some specific people on the competition committee very much would like to see on-site video replay beefed up, more 4D cameras, I'm just not sure the league owners are quite there yet," La Canfora explained. "And I would be surprised if there was some seismic shift in how games are officiated coming out of this meeting."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...-what-happened-refs-moonlighting-as-florists/

NFL committee proposes revamp of instant replay

The first proposal would add fouls for pass interference to the list of reviewable plays. The second would include fouls for pass interference but also would add fouls for roughing the passer and unnecessary hits against a defenseless receiver. Importantly, neither would allow review of plays in which no fouls were called, meaning they could not be used in the future to address the kind of controversial missed pass interference call that occurred late in the fourth quarter of the NFC Championship Game.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26325397/nfl-committee-proposes-revamp-instant-replay

Whooop Tee Freakin Dooo.......useless!
What's the point?

What's the point?

Here's the difference.

Pass interference was never reviewable ever.

They passed today that you can review plays now when a flag was thrown.

But?, if no flag was thrown like the Saints / Rams playoff game there is no way to correct it.

Last edited:
Here's the difference.

Pass interference was never reviewable ever.

They passed today that you can review plays now when a flag was thrown.

But?, if no flag was thrown like the Saints / Rams playoff game there is no way to correct it.
So it's only reviewable if a flag is thrown? Seems awfully one-sided to me. If a ref misses the call, you can't contest but if it's actually can. So you can only reverse a call, not a non-call. Am I reading that correctly?

So it's only reviewable if a flag is thrown? Seems awfully one-sided to me. If a ref misses the call, you can't contest but if it's actually can. So you can only reverse a call, not a non-call. Am I reading that correctly?

It is one sided, but it's a big step when there was no review at all.

This is true brother, baby steps!

It's probably a bit more than baby steps, but the next pressure will be for refs to be full time.

That referee playoff team for the Saints game made it to the playoffs so they were the grade A team. They made a pretty big blunder that is still not corrected.

Back
Top Bottom