NFL’s top 100 teams | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL’s top 100 teams

BlueFin

Seer of Visions
Club Member
Reaction score
So...obviously the “perfect” 1972 DOLPHINS are the greatest team in NFL history...I actually was old enough to witness it.

2). The 1985 Bears....had their perfect season derailed by Dan Marino...and the MIAMI DOLPHINS!...with the 1972 perfect DOLPHINS on the sideline at an historic Monday Night game.

3) The 1978 Steelers...beaten in their younger form in the AFC championship...in Pittsburgh...by the “PERFECT DOLPHINS”

4) The 1984 49’ers....beat Dan Marino and the 1984 Dolphins in Super Bowl 19...only an all-time great team was derailing Marino in 1984.

So...obviously the “perfect” 1972 DOLPHINS are the greatest team in NFL history...I actually was old enough to witness it.

2). The 1985 Bears....had their perfect season derailed by Dan Marino...and the MIAMI DOLPHINS!...with the 1972 perfect DOLPHINS on the sideline at an historic Monday Night game.

3) The 1978 Steelers...beaten in their younger form in the AFC championship...in Pittsburgh...by the “PERFECT DOLPHINS”

4) The 1984 49’ers....beat Dan Marino and the 1984 Dolphins in Super Bowl 19...only an all-time great team was derailing Marino in 1984.
The amazing thing is most people including players from that 72 team will tell you that the 73 Dolphins were a much better team.

The amazing thing is most people including players from that 72 team will tell you that the 73 Dolphins were a much better team.

I know... and I watched both teams...thing is... the 72 team never slipped. They lost the Raider game and pulled the starters late season against the colts because the division was locked up and lost the second game....truth is the 72-73 Dolphins truly only lost 1 game in 2 years....and the “no name” defense only gave up 7 points in 2 Superbowls.

I know... and I watched both teams...thing is... the 72 team never slipped. They lost the Raider game and pulled the starters late season against the colts because the division was locked up and lost the second game....truth is the 72-73 Dolphins truly only lost 1 game in 2 years....and the “no name” defense only gave up 7 points in 2 Superbowls.
The balance was great on those teams. I saw the win those super bowls but I was just a kid. It'd mean so much more now.

Back
Top Bottom