Nice article about the passrush in 49ers game | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nice article about the passrush in 49ers game

For those of you who hate reading, the article basically states that Flores is putting our front 7 in places to succeed through the schemes being used. Stating that we dont have very standout pass rushers but that the schemes are doing well to hide who is rushing the passer and from where since we use many different blitzes not just a few guys who will always blitz

It only looks at a few plays, but it's got the all-22. Good read:

Film Room: Dolphins Defense

I'm a kind of middle-of-the-road guy. ALL teams try to scheme guys open. MUCH easier with 1-2 top pass rushers (not Miami). Nearly impossible with sub-par pass rushers. (not Miami). Advantageous when there are average to good pass rushers (Miami). For all the trashing the pass rush (justifiably) gets, Miami has guys who can get to the QB, but need a little scheming to help

I'm a kind of middle-of-the-road guy. ALL teams try to scheme guys open. MUCH easier with 1-2 top pass rushers (not Miami). Nearly impossible with sub-par pass rushers. (not Miami). Advantageous when there are average to good pass rushers (Miami). For all the trashing the pass rush (justifiably) gets, Miami has guys who can get to the QB, but need a little scheming to help

The problem was they weren't getting there. No pressure at all at times. The last game against the niners we looked like a different team on defense. Offense was pretty much the same except they had a lot more opportunities because of the defense.

Last edited:
The problem was they weren't getting there. No pressure at all at times. The last game against the niners we looked like a different team on defense. Offense was pretty much the same except they had a lot more opportunities because of the defense.

I know you already know this, but EVERY team gets "no pressure at all at times." What fans know is Miami occupied the team sack basement for years. Now they're getting there. Part of that is scheme, part is better talent

Back
Top Bottom