nice info on the AFC E drafts | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

nice info on the AFC E drafts

SR 7

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Miami Dolphins [team stats] - Brandt believes of the three teams chasing the Pats, the Dolphins had the best draft.
Why? Mostly because of the potential of quarterback Chad Henne, who was taken in the second round.
“When you draft a quarterback like that, when they did with Henne,†Brandt said, “all of a sudden an average draft becomes a really good draft if he steps in and plays for you, and you get to the playoffs, and I don’t mean this year, but down the road. If you hit on a quarterback, you’ve had a great draft.â€
Of course, with Bill Parcells running the show, the Dolphins went with an offensive lineman, left tackle Jake Long, with the first overall pick and sandwiched a pair of defensive ends, Phillip Merling and Kendall Langford, around the selection of Henne.
“I think they did well,†Casserly said. “Jake Long will come in and be an immediate starter for them. They picked up two defensive linemen, which they definitely needed. And Henne gives them a quarterback for the future.â€
Brandt also likes Donald Thomas, the offensive guard drafted out of Connecticut.
“I think they found him at (a) YMCA or something,†Brandt said. “With him and fourth-rounder Shawn Murphy, another guard, I think those are two very good picks.â€

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/...6&format=&page=2&listingType=pats#articleFull

interesting, as soon as we get somebody in here that has experience drafting, even a mediocre draft would get noticed as well.

I am not calling the draft mediocre but i think the FO has alot to do with people's opinions as well

Thanks for the post!!
...usually the stuff written by sportswriters for the Boston Globe and Boston Herald are ridiculous in glorifying how amazing the patriots have been....and of course trashing Matt Walsh when the story surfaces every so many weeks.

Back
Top Bottom