Nice insight into the appeal of Fitzmagic | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nice insight into the appeal of Fitzmagic

I
FITZ IS OUR FUTURE!!! There I said & I mean it. And what I mean is, I would LOVE to keep FITZ around as our modern day DON STROCK. The perfect backup QB, IMO. Problem being, we need our new DAN or Bob so FITZ can assume his proper place.
I can go with that! And he may be OK with it too.

Why's that Hoops? Not even as backup to TUA/BURROW/FROMM/HURTS/yada yada...?

Cause he probably won’t be a backup the way he’s playing right now.

I don’t need any no upside starting QB in 2020. I already had it the vast majority of 2019.

he’s played pretty well especially with the hand he’s been dealt but it’s taking us nowhere.

Cause he probably won’t be a backup the way he’s playing right now.

I don’t need any no upside starting QB in 2020. I already had it the vast majority of 2019.

he’s played pretty well especially with the hand he’s been dealt but it’s taking us nowhere.
So you're saying you don't want him back as a backup because you think someone will want to make him a starter somewhere else? Besides the point about him having another year left on his contract if I'm not mistaken. Really curious why, if he was receptive to being the backup/mentor, why you don't think he could succeed here in that role? Thanks hoops.

This is good situation for Fitzpatrick. He have no real pressure..just have fun.

I don't think so brother. I believe they will go with Rosen, and draft a QB and go from there.

I believe they go with Rosen as well.

Wheather they keep 3 QBs probably depends on how a rookie (regardless of who it is) does in training camp. I could see them keeping 3 on the roster.

I believe they go with Rosen as well.

Wheather they keep 3 QBs probably depends on how a rookie (regardless of who it is) does in training camp. I could see them keeping 3 on the roster.
Brother could also draft another QB to develop and either keep three on the active roster, or one who will be on PS to develop, but that comes with a risk as well all know.

The bottom line is Flo doesn't tank, he wants to win and if Fitz like this season gives him his best chance he will stick with him. Although we all know including Flo that Fitz isn't the future so they most likely will draft a QB and possibly do it again each season until the draftee or Rosen steps up and takes his place.

The bottom line is Flo doesn't tank, he wants to win and if Fitz like this season gives him his best chance he will stick with him. Although we all know including Flo that Fitz isn't the future so they most likely will draft a QB and possibly do it again each season until the draftee or Rosen steps up and takes his place.
Right!
No matter who we draft or acquire, Fitz might still be the QB on opening day next season.

That 1-15 team was stacked compared to what we have this season, so it shouldn't be a surprise that they improved when we dumped Cameron as the coach. That 2007 team had Ronnie Brown at RB for half a season, Chris Chambers and Marty Booker at Wr, Zach Thomas at LB, Jason Taylor at DE, Etc.
So yes, he walked into a situation that we could consider stacked.
I feel like youre reaching. Both players had long careers Pennington was pretty good. Fitz is serviceable. Pennington couldn't stay healthy

Back
Top Bottom