Nice insight into the appeal of Fitzmagic | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nice insight into the appeal of Fitzmagic

I remember posting at the beginning of the season we were in good shape at the QB spot and other teams would be envious of our situation. It was not well received.

I'm bringing it up again in light of not only Fitz's performance, but because of the some other teams current QB situations with the loss or sitting of so many QB's this season. Certainly there are currently at least a handful of teams who would like to have either one of our QB's.

As I recall several posters would have liked us to get Mariota, or whatever his name is, you know, the one Tannehill replaced.

Hes just another part timer filling another space in time until the Dolphins find a QB that can be a winner. Being honest. Hes been more miss than hit. I'm not going overboard. Look at the teams win/loss record! Reality check needed.

His pocket awareness is what makes him special imo, it's been a while since we've had that. Rosen has the arm and youth and Fitz has everything else

His pocket awareness is what makes him special imo, it's been a while since we've had that. Rosen has the arm and youth and Fitz has everything else

The silver lining? If we can believe what Rosen has said about that, there is hope Rosen picks up some of what he lacks from Fitz, then steps up for us one day soon.

Cause he probably won’t be a backup the way he’s playing right now.

I don’t need any no upside starting QB in 2020. I already had it the vast majority of 2019.

he’s played pretty well especially with the hand he’s been dealt but it’s taking us nowhere.
I was vociferously against Fitz 2019 because he was going to win us 4-5 games in the EXACT fashion he did last week against Philly. Our goal coming into the season was TANK FOR TUA. For this reason, I didn’t like Fitz 2019- he was going to and did sabotage the tank...
BUT I actually think for 2020 it does make sense to keep FITZ around.
We will be grooming our rookie QB, I want a guy like Fitz in the QB room. He has gotten really far with mediocre talent. He brings energy and leadership. He’s a player/coach. Just as I wanted Miami to keep Frank Gore. Some guys are worth more than their stat sheet.
I don’t see any of the following, Fromm, Tua, Love, Eason or Herbert as NFL QB ready 2020. They will benefit from the 15 year NFL Pro- Harvard Grad.

He reminds me a little bit of Favre, not talent wise but his boldness and personality. I hope he can stay as a coach if that's something he wants to do.

He reminds me a little bit of Favre, not talent wise but his boldness and personality. I hope he can stay as a coach if that's something he wants to do.
I guess. Ppl say that about a lot of players, but coaching in the NFL isn't for everybody. Its a demanding, long hours, time away from family life.

Guys like Fitz, that have banked 70 mil in their career, don't normally sacrifice the rest of their lives for love of the game.

Some obviously do, but not that many, relatively speaking.

I guess. Ppl say that about a lot of players, but coaching in the NFL isn't for everybody. Its a demanding, long hours, time away from family life.

Guys like Fitz, that have banked 70 mil in their career, don't normally sacrifice the rest of their lives for love of the game.

Yeah, Fitz would make a pretty good color commentator. Sort of like Bradshaw. That means more time at home. Assuming he wanted to stay close to football without actually staying in it.

The story of his career is he wins you some games and totally loses you others. This year we beat up on teams that suck or can’t generate a pass rush. It’s the same story every year, the offensive line limits us. It’s why the bills had such a good run against for so long, they had a ridiculous defensive line and killed our bad pass protection.

Fitz was a mistake. Rosen was a mistake. Getting rid of tannehill was a mistake but is working out for him, see 5-1 in Tennessee completing over 70% of his passes and saving the titans season. Had we kept our talent and fixed the he offensive line, we’d be competing for a playoff spot. Now we need to add 5 linemen, a QB, and almost an entire defense save for one moderately talented overrated DB.

Yeah, Fitz would make a pretty good color commentator. Sort of like Bradshaw. That means more time at home. Assuming he wanted to stay close to football without actually staying in it.
Maybe just coaching at a HS, or small college level.

He apparently likes kids, and the reality is, you can actually have a positive effect on more young ppl that way, if that is something one believes important.

The story of his career is he wins you some games and totally loses you others. This year we beat up on teams that suck or can’t generate a pass rush. It’s the same story every year, the offensive line limits us. It’s why the bills had such a good run against for so long, they had a ridiculous defensive line and killed our bad pass protection.

Fitz was a mistake. Rosen was a mistake. Getting rid of tannehill was a mistake but is working out for him, see 5-1 in Tennessee completing over 70% of his passes and saving the titans season. Had we kept our talent and fixed the he offensive line, we’d be competing for a playoff spot. Now we need to add 5 linemen, a QB, and almost an entire defense save for one moderately talented overrated DB.
Well aren't you just a warm ray of sunshine.

I know you don't care, and no matter what decisions this regime makes, in your eyes it's a mistake, but even the majority of RTs supporters agree that it was time to go a different direction.

At this point, your bias is so evident that you have lost all credibility.

Maybe we'll get lucky?

I can agree with this much of what you said "...Getting rid of tannehill was a mistake but is working out for him, see 5-1 in Tennessee completing over 70% of his passes and saving the titans season. Had we kept our talent and fixed the he offensive line, we’d be competing for a playoff spot. Now we need to add 5 linemen, a QB, and almost an entire defense save for one moderately talented overrated DB."

After trading off Tannehill, a decision I reluctantly agreed with due to his lack of availability for 2 years and mental development while he was recuperating, the need for a QB forced the acquisition some other players. We ended up with Fitz and Rosen, both choices I did then and do now approve of.

By the way, I have always been a Tannehill fan and I still am. I'm delighted he is doing well with the Titans.

Back
Top Bottom