Nice insight into the appeal of Fitzmagic | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nice insight into the appeal of Fitzmagic

I can agree with this much of what you said "...Getting rid of tannehill was a mistake but is working out for him, see 5-1 in Tennessee completing over 70% of his passes and saving the titans season. Had we kept our talent and fixed the he offensive line, we’d be competing for a playoff spot. Now we need to add 5 linemen, a QB, and almost an entire defense save for one moderately talented overrated DB."

After trading off Tannehill, a decision I reluctantly agreed with due to his lack of availability for 2 years and mental development while he was recuperating, the need for a QB forced the acquisition some other players. We ended up with Fitz and Rosen, both choices I did then and do now approve of.

By the way, I have always been a Tannehill fan and I still am. I'm delighted he is doing well with the Titans.

I liked him too. I've watched parts of a few of Tannehill's Titan games. Could be wrong, but he still seems more likely to curl up into a ball, or offer up a juicy strip/sack, than step up or shift properly as elites do. I guess it's true you can't teach pocket presence? He is throwing a beautiful ball when he has the time, though. I think the strengths of the Titan's offensive and defensive talent is making up for that.

I liked him too. I've watched parts of a few of Tannehill's Titan games. Could be wrong, but he still seems more likely to curl up into a ball, or offer up a juicy strip/sack, than step up or shift properly as elites do. I guess it's true you can't teach pocket presence? He is throwing a beautiful ball when he has the time, though. I think the strengths of the Titan's offensive and defensive talent is making up for that.

I agree.

This represents what I think of as balance on a team, that and defenses and offenses that are both effective and well coached.

Tannehill now has in Tennessee what he always needed in Miami:
- a) A good O-line and b) a powerhouse RB in Derrick Henry.
Think back to when Tannehill was at his best in Miami - it was in Gase's first season when Jay Ajayi was making chunk yardage and hard to stop. Things headed south with the knee...

After watching Herbert last night, Hurts earlier today, Fromm and Burrow right now, Burrow is by far the best QB now in college football. I would trade our three first round draft picks and Fitzpatrick to move up and draft Burrow. To me as well as the announcers on TV, Burrow is just a more athletic Tom Brady. Unfortunately he will be playing for the Bengals next year and not the Dolphins.

As far as Herbert, Hurts, and Fromm are concerned. I would rather the Dolphins draft an injury prone Tua or stick with Fitzpatrick than draft any of these three QB’s. I also have no interest in seeing the Dolphins draft Love or Eason.

Tannehill now has in Tennessee what he always needed in Miami:
- a) A good O-line and b) a powerhouse RB in Derrick Henry.
Think back to when Tannehill was at his best in Miami - it was in Gase's first season when Jay Ajayi was making chunk yardage and hard to stop. Things headed south with the knee...
Tannehill would still be the same old Tannehill if he was still with the Dolphins. Because the Titans have a far better OL and just much better overall talent. I am happy for Tannehill that he finding some success with the Titans but it was time for the Dolphins to go in another direction at the QB position for the future.

Well aren't you just a warm ray of sunshine.

I know you don't care, and no matter what decisions this regime makes, in your eyes it's a mistake, but even the majority of RTs supporters agree that it was time to go a different direction.

At this point, your bias is so evident that you have lost all credibility.

What bias? That I don’t want to blow the “regime” that was totally incompetent for the majority of the season and I don’t worship everything they do?

only positives this year are Parker, gelseki and Preston Williams. Everything else is garbage. Grier creates more holes than ammo to fill them. We have not one NFL starter on our offensive line whereas before we had tunsil. We have no RB, and no quarterback. The defense is a total **** show.
Tell me, what did these garbage wins get us other than missing out on burrows?

Tannehill would still be the same old Tannehill if he was still with the Dolphins. Because the Titans have a far better OL and just much better overall talent. I am happy for Tannehill that he finding some success with the Titans but it was time for the Dolphins to go in another direction at the QB position for the future.

“Far better offensive line” by what metric? They average 4 sacks a game, dolphins right now average 4.something sacks a game. They’re Neck and neck for dead last.

I would trade our three first round draft picks and Fitzpatrick to move up and draft Burrow.

Wouldn't surprise me if the Giants end up with pick #1, they could easily end up 2-14. If the Bengals win 2 of 3 (Phins & Browns X 2), then it could happen. Our 1A, 1B & 2021 1B picks equate to the #1 pick this year using the points chart.

Back
Top Bottom