Nick Napoleon Saban still butt hurt about his track record in the NFL trying to pass the buck again.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nick Napoleon Saban still butt hurt about his track record in the NFL trying to pass the buck again..

Bumrush

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
This clown show is still rambling about Drew Brees. Nick Saban, a man that controlled the entirety of the Miami Dolphins football operation is blaming doctors and on the spot decided to leave after he messed up with Dante Culpeper.
“So I decided right then when that happened that we don’t have a quarterback in the NFL, we’re not going to win. I’m getting out of here. I’m not staying here. I’m not going to be responsible for this. That doctor didn’t know his ass from a handful of sand. Drew Brees plays 15 more years, wins a Super Bowl, goes to nine Pro Bowls. And we didn’t take him in Miami, where he wanted to go. Some things you can’t control. When we left there nobody understood why. Well that was why. There’s always a reason.”

Sorry you belabor the point but Nick Saban can suck a big one. He's a straight up self centered asshole who got bullied in to leaving Miami by his uptight wife and is still bitter about it. F him.

Last edited:
https://miamiherald.typepad.com/dol...ubject-directly-for-the-first-time-it-wa.html

Not that I care to relive this or "back" Saban but that was the same tune Saban said back in 20006-7(story written in 2009) regarding the doctors on that QB decision.

''Let me just say this,'' he said in addressing the subject directly for the first time, ``It was a medical decision. I don't think medicine, personnel or any of that is an exact science. I think we have good, professional people in that area. I think they made the best judgment they could make at the time relative to the circumstances. No one could predict the future. It is what it is right now.''

Saban explained that he preferred Brees primarily because getting him didn't include giving up a draft pick. But he said the medical staff's recommendation was not only that Culpepper would have a better chance of recovering in time for the 2006 season than Brees but also that Culpepper would have a smaller chance of sustaining a reinjury.

Whether or not that is the truth or the spin Saban put on it to take off heat from him I dunno and at this point don't really care anymore.

From our former GM back then. or implied from

Id be pissed if I was him too. Hell, I'm a fan and I'm still pissed about it. We would have won mutiple SBs with Brees here. That 2006 defense was a top 5 defense. Saban would have run the D and Brees would have taken care of the O. UGH.

He is a great head coach in the minor leagues but was a complete failure in the major leagues. It‘s as simple as that, no matter how he wants to try and spin it.
He's not very good without full control. Look at Urban Meyer, so many red flags already at Jacksonville, I don't see him lasting more than 2 years. Funny Harbaugh was good in the pro but mediocre in college lol. That's why I respect Pete Carroll as a coach, dominate at USC and then made Seattle elite for 4-5 years.

He's not very good without full control. Look at Urban Meyer, so many red flags already at Jacksonville, I don't see him lasting more than 2 years. Funny Harbaugh was good in the pro but mediocre in college lol. That's why I respect Pete Carroll as a coach, dominate at USC and then made Seattle elite for 4-5 years.
The issue I have always had with Saban was him lying about going to Alabama. I would have had no problem if he had just come out at the time and stated that he preferred coaching college football instead of coaching in the NFL.

The fact he constantly blames not signing Brees as the reason he left Miami is BS to me. Many NFL head coaches have to draft and develop their own QB’s and obviously he had no interest in doing that. Instead he wants to constantly blame the medical staff for his failure at the NFL level.

I take nothing away from him for the job he has done at Alabama. He might be the best college coach in history but that still doesn’t take away from the fact he failed as an NFL head coach. That obviously bothers him because he constantly is bringing up the reason he quit on the Dolphins and blames others instead of himself.

LOL...you guys are clowns.....
A clown is someone that backtracks 15 years later while also admitting that he mentally checked out when he didn't get what he now claims he wanted and had full authority to get.

That's a loser mentality. A winner would have said we whiffed with Brees now let's go out there and find a franchise QB or develop one.

Also, it's funny that little Saban went with Ronnie Brown over Aaron Rodgers, isn't it? You can't blame him for loving Gus Frerrote now, can you? Even if you didn't love good ol Gus, Sage Rosenfelds must have given little Nick a good sense of comfort.

Last edited:
The issue I have always had with Saban was him lying about going to Alabama. I would have had no problem if he had just come out at the time and stated that he preferred coaching college football instead of coaching in the NFL.

The fact he constantly blames not signing Brees as the reason he left Miami is BS to me. Many NFL head coaches have to draft and develop their own QB’s and obviously he had no interest in doing that. Instead he wants to constantly blame the medical staff for his failure at the NFL level.

I take nothing away from him for the job he has done at Alabama. He might be the best college coach in history but that still doesn’t take away from the fact he failed as an NFL head coach. That obviously bothers him because he constantly is bringing up the reason he quit on the Dolphins and blames others instead of himself.
His ego cannot handle the clear fact that he failed in Miami. He also lied and will always be remembered for it.

Dude was a fish out of water at the NFL level and Miami wasn't the type of city that he wanted to raise his family in.

Instead of coming to terms with those two facts he brings this criticism back to full relevancy.

His ego cannot handle the clear fact that he failed in Miami. He also lied and will always be remembered for it.

Dude was a fish out of water at the NFL level and Miami wasn't the type of city that he wanted to raise his family in.

Instead of coming to terms with those two facts he brings this criticism back to full relevancy.
I mean as Head coach, wouldn't he have final say if wanted to go with Brees over Culpepper? Saban doesn't seem like the type to take no as an answer to what he wants to do.

A clown is someone that backtracks 15 years later while also admitting that he mentally checked out when he didn't get what he now claims he wanted and had full authority to get.

That's a loser mentality. A winner would have said we whiffed with Brees now let's go out there and find a franchise QB or develop one.

Also, it's funny that little Saban went with Ronnie Brown over Aaron Rodgers, isn't it? You can't blame him for loving Gus Frerrote now, can you? Even if you didn't love good ol Gus, Sage Rosenfelds must have given little Nick a good sense of comfort.
Good Points.

Saban knew we needed a QB, and chose not to draft Rodgers and take the time to develop him.

Saban realized running a NFL team is way different then college, so instead of putting in the time and effort into being successful, he bolted with the wifey to Alabama.

Good Points.

Saban knew we needed a QB, and chose not to draft Rodgers and take the time to develop him.

Saban realized running a NFL team is way different then college, so instead of putting in the time and effort into being successful, he bolted with the wifey to Alabama.
I wanted Rodgers back then too, but you have to remember Rodgers was not a top 5 prospect back then as he had bad throwing mechanics. I was hoping he'd fall to Miami in rd 2 and I was pretty sure if he did Miami was going to draft him at the top of RD2 for sure. Miami taking Rodgers #2 overall would have been seen like a bad pick there because he was seen as a project. Overall that was a pretty bad draft and Miami probably should have traded down if they could have.

Back
Top Bottom