Nick Napoleon Saban still butt hurt about his track record in the NFL trying to pass the buck again.. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nick Napoleon Saban still butt hurt about his track record in the NFL trying to pass the buck again..

I have no idea why he left us but I was living in Michigan when he coached Mich State. He said “I am not leaving” and the next day went to LSU.
I was living in Louisiana when he said “ I am not leaving” then left the next day for Miami.
I understand you do not want to tip your hand when negotiating, but it seems like you could do it without lying.

I don't like how Saban left us, but he was absolutely right to defer to the doctor and the doctor got it wrong.

Saban gets Brees in another multiverse and we probably win at least one title and Jason Taylor probably wins multiple defensive player of the year awards.

I think Meyer will be very successful in the NFL.
At Ohio State he delegated decisions and personnel decisions to his position coaches. He trusts his assistants way more than Saban does.
He took 2 years off to research the pro game and ask coaches how to coach at this level.
He is a better communicator and motivator than Saban.

Sorry.....guy's a real turd. He just is. Don't let the Bama "fans" on this board try to brainwash you into thinking otherwise. Let's just let it drop guys. Ancient history and face it, we never get QB right any more in this organization anyway. So maybe it's not all on the little lizard. We must have pissed off the football Gods when we ditched Shula or something.

I have no idea why he left us but I was living in Michigan when he coached Mich State. He said “I am not leaving” and the next day went to LSU.
I was living in Louisiana when he said “ I am not leaving” then left the next day for Miami.
I understand you do not want to tip your hand when negotiating, but it seems like you could do it without lying.
The reason I can’t stand him is because I can’t stand liars. That doesn’t take away from the fact he is an excellent college football coach but his constant lying to the fan bases of the teams he has left certainly shows his overall lack of character. He is able to control young players at the college level but his attitude was never going to be successful in the NFL with grown men.

Who was the Dolphins "doctor" who set back the franchise all those Super Bowl opportunities with Drew Brees? Nick will haunt him to his grave. We want Nick (now a septuagenarian) to publicly name and further shame the witchdoctor who handed us Daunte Culpepper/Cleo Lemon instead of Drew Brees.

The issue I have always had with Saban was him lying about going to Alabama. I would have had no problem if he had just come out at the time and stated that he preferred coaching college football instead of coaching in the NFL.

The fact he constantly blames not signing Brees as the reason he left Miami is BS to me. Many NFL head coaches have to draft and develop their own QB’s and obviously he had no interest in doing that. Instead he wants to constantly blame the medical staff for his failure at the NFL level.

I take nothing away from him for the job he has done at Alabama. He might be the best college coach in history but that still doesn’t take away from the fact he failed as an NFL head coach. That obviously bothers him because he constantly is bringing up the reason he quit on the Dolphins and blames others instead of himself.

He could have handled that much better. It was his treatment of/interaction with Z Thomas that still rankles me.

I think Meyer will be very successful in the NFL.
At Ohio State he delegated decisions and personnel decisions to his position coaches. He trusts his assistants way more than Saban does.
He took 2 years off to research the pro game and ask coaches how to coach at this level.
He is a better communicator and motivator than Saban.
The problem for most coaches who come out of the college game and become head coach’s in the NFL is they eventually learn that they can’t just recruit the best players year after year. They have to live within a salary cap and if the players they draft or sign in free agency don’t work out, there isn’t another 5 star recruit waiting in the wings.

Carroll has been successful in Seattle because he was a head coach in the NFL before going to USC and knew what he was getting into when he returned to the NFL. Perhaps Meyer will be the exception for college coaches going to the NFL but it won’t surprise me if he is out of the NFL within 3 years.

The reason I can’t stand him is because I can’t stand liars. That doesn’t take away from the fact he is an excellent college football coach but his constant lying to the fan bases of the teams he has left certainly shows his overall lack of character. He is able to control young players at the college level but his attitude was never going to be successful in the NFL with grown men.
At this point, this is like the 2nd or 3rd time Saban has brought this up about wanting Brees over Culpepper, who is he trying to convince now on whatever he's trying to accomplish here: us or himself?

Anyone tell him, you can get another qb?

Horseshit, he left because sooner or later he was going to get his assbeat.

Back
Top Bottom