Nick Napoleon Saban still butt hurt about his track record in the NFL trying to pass the buck again.. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nick Napoleon Saban still butt hurt about his track record in the NFL trying to pass the buck again..

This clown show is still rambling about Drew Brees. Nick Saban, a man that controlled the entirety of the Miami Dolphins football operation is blaming doctors and on the spot decided to leave after he messed up with Dante Culpeper.

Sorry you belabor the point but Nick Saban can suck a big one. He's a straight up self centered ******* who got bullied in to leaving Miami by his uptight wife and is still bitter about it. F him.

Nick Saban is so far behind the times.....hes just now catching on to what a modern football offense looks like

Its no surprise that Saban was also behind the times when we had Gus Freaking Frerotte as our QB....a chance to draft a 1st ballot HOF QB in Aaron Rodgers at #2 overall. And grant it, several teams passed on Rodgers but Rodgers was expected to be drafted high....many thought he'd be #1. But I remember that many GM's/coaches got bad impressions of Rodgers because they thought he was arrogant and that was the reason he slid and not to mention, After the Dolphins and maybe one or two others teams, the rest of the league felt pretty good about their QB situation at that time. It wasn't about that Rodgers wasn't a good prospect, the demand just wasn't there. It should have been there for us, we needed a QB. We all know now, "if you dont have a QB then you have to draft one early". Saban was once again, behind the times on this one.

Well lets give Saban the benefit of the doubt for passing on Rodgers when the Dolphins had a career journeyman at QB at that time. Maybe Saban had a better player in mind.....Ronnie freaking Brown. Ronnie Brown is a underrated terrible draft pick, was he a bust? No. Was he worthy of the #2 overall pick? Hell No. Look, Ronnie Brown was no where near the college player that Reggie Bush, Adrian Peterson, Zeke Elliot, Christian McCaffery, Or Saquan Barkley were. Ronnie Brown was listed as the #2 RB at Auburn! Ronnie Brown had no business being drafted #2 overall and thats directly on Saban.

Then he chose to trade for Culpepper instead of signing Drew Brees, another 1st ballot hall of famer. Saban completely botched his time with the Dolphins, really screwing up this franchise and leaving us wondering, what could have been. I know some were excited when we traded for Culpepper, I was not. I was very disappointed because I was a huge Drew Brees fan. I know some other fans were probably excited when we over drafted and reached for a back up RB instead of addressing the most important position in all of sports, and oh yeah, the guy we should have picked turned out to be pretty good. I didn't expected Rodgers to become the QB he is now, many obviously didnt, but I just wanted a freaking QB! And Saban was the idiot that he is. I was 14 years old that time, congrats Saban a 14 year old knew more than you. That is why you are not in the Pro's.

Nick Saban is so far behind the times.....hes just now catching on to what a modern football offense looks like

Its no surprise that Saban was also behind the times when we had Gus Freaking Frerotte as our QB....a chance to draft a 1st ballot HOF QB in Aaron Rodgers at #2 overall. And grant it, several teams passed on Rodgers but Rodgers was expected to be drafted high....many thought he'd be #1. But I remember that many GM's/coaches got bad impressions of Rodgers because they thought he was arrogant and that was the reason he slid and not to mention, After the Dolphins and maybe one or two others teams, the rest of the league felt pretty good about their QB situation at that time. It wasn't about that Rodgers wasn't a good prospect, the demand just wasn't there. It should have been there for us, we needed a QB. We all know now, "if you dont have a QB then you have to draft one early". Saban was once again, behind the times on this one.

Well lets give Saban the benefit of the doubt for passing on Rodgers when the Dolphins had a career journeyman at QB at that time. Maybe Saban had a better player in mind.....Ronnie freaking Brown. Ronnie Brown is a underrated terrible draft pick, was he a bust? No. Was he worthy of the #2 overall pick? Hell No. Look, Ronnie Brown was no where near the college player that Reggie Bush, Adrian Peterson, Zeke Elliot, Christian McCaffery, Or Saquan Barkley were. Ronnie Brown was listed as the #2 RB at Auburn! Ronnie Brown had no business being drafted #2 overall and thats directly on Saban.

Then he chose to trade for Culpepper instead of signing Drew Brees, another 1st ballot hall of famer. Saban completely botched his time with the Dolphins, really screwing up this franchise and leaving us wondering, what could have been. I know some were excited when we traded for Culpepper, I was not. I was very disappointed because I was a huge Drew Brees fan. I know some other fans were probably excited when we over drafted and reached for a back up RB instead of addressing the most important position in all of sports, and oh yeah, the guy we should have picked turned out to be pretty good. I didn't expected Rodgers to become the QB he is now, many obviously didnt, but I just wanted a freaking QB! And Saban was the idiot that he is. I was 14 years old that time, congrats Saban a 14 year old knew more than you. That is why you are not in the Pro's.
A coach that has won 6 of the last 12 national championships is “so far behind the times?”

If he was current with the times, he would have won all 12?

Don't remind me of Ronnie Brown.
My nickname for him at the time was Ronnie "Saturday Night Fever" Brown due to all the dancing he did behind the LOS instead of just running forward.

A coach that has won 6 of the last 12 national championships is “so far behind the times?”

Nobody is taking that away from him.

On the other hand, do you think it's appropriate for someone under contract to give up and decide to move on when a single transaction didn't go his way, even though he had the full power to make it go his way?

What do you consider that to be?

Last edited:
I have no idea why he left us but I was living in Michigan when he coached Mich State. He said “I am not leaving” and the next day went to LSU.
I was living in Louisiana when he said “ I am not leaving” then left the next day for Miami.
I understand you do not want to tip your hand when negotiating, but it seems like you could do it without lying.
For me, it wasn't just that he lied, he also berated reporters for asking the question. What I remember most about his time in Miami is how he treated people poorly. I had some contacts back then who worked in the building and he was a jerk. Sometimes directly, but most often through his toady (I can't recall his name). He'd smile and be nice to someone to their face and then have them fired immediately. I judge people on how they treat others and by that measure Saban was a POS.

As for the Brees thing, Saban is full of it. He had the power to over rule the MD, but simply decided not to. He then signed Culpepper, who was coming off of an injury but had been very good before that. He made a calculated decision that didn't work out. Then he passed the blame for his decision. I wanted Brees. I knew he had great talent and I thought he was a good fit for what Saban would want to do. But reality is that Saban may never have created the relationship that Brees had with Sean Peyton. Saban may have failed even with Brees and we'd be reading about a different excuse from Saban.

Nobody is taking that away from him.

On the other hand, do you think it's appropriate for someone under contract to give up and decide to move on when a single transaction didn't go his way, even though he had the full power to make it go his way?

What do you consider that to be?
I don’t fault a person for making a career choice they believe is in their best interest. Saban had a contract. He was not a slave. Breaking the contract means he did not got get paid for the remainder of the contract.

I have made decisions to leave a company for greener pastures when I had many responsibilities under my role, as have many of my co-workers over the years. I have also left because an organization was dysfunctional, as have many of my past co-workers.

Obviously, Saban made the right choice for him. His coaching style fits better in college than the pros. Saban has made a HUGE difference in the players lives he has coached. There is good reason highly rated players continually choose Alabama. Saban makes a positive impact in people’s lives that play for him. I do not hear current or former players bad mouthing Saban.

Besides, none of us know the ”exact” details that took place behind the seen. We saw the media coverage. And what I recall is the media was on Saban like hound dogs while Saban was actively coaching games. He said what he needed to say to focus on his job.

In studies I have seen, the average person lies anywhere between 20 to 200 times a day depending on what is considered a “lie” so the idea that Saban should be hated because he lied is laughable to me. I can guarantee EVERY single person that still hates Saban has themselves lied, numerous times. People lie, that is part of what people do! It is a matter of how often and under what context, not whether they do or not. This wasn’t an egregious lie that continually hurts people, like 40% of the people in this country have been caught up in over the past 9 months.

So why should I be butt sore and have hatred toward someone 15 years later? It would only hurt myself. It sure as heck would not be hurting Saban. To me, that is just the sign of a painful mind and a person who is not able to process feelings of rejection or abandonment so covers those up with resentment and hatred.

Others are free to live their life like that. I choose not to.

Last edited:
Will always remember that night,and him with that, choke sign when thinking of Carroll, not being successful in the NFL and College.

I will admit when I think of Carroll, I do also remember when as the HC of the Seahawks, he had one of the greatest powerbacks at his disposal by the goalline, yet choked as a HC in what to do against the Patriots in the SB to go ahead and win a SB.

Yes, probably so! Now that Bama's offence isnt just a strong running game with game managing QB play (from the 70's-90's era). Its more open, with consistently best WR's and better QB's. Saban absolutely could have won more championships if he developed this offense years ago. But Alabama was high profile before Saban got there, how hard is to get the best recruits there every year? Of course now, every top prospect and recruit wants to go to Alabama. Not specifically because of Saban but because its Alabama and they know thats how to get to the NFL. No one describe Saban as a players coach or a likeable guy. They go there despite of him but because of the alabama name and recognition. I think an average coach would do well with that stacked program and talent level, its not even close. There are currently 81 active players in the NFL from Bama and thats the most from any college. Its not "coaching" when your roster is just flat out more athletic, faster and better than the opposition. Well, it makes "coaching" much easier.

Last edited:
I don’t fault a person for making a career choice they believe is in their best interest. Saban had a contract. He was not a slave. Breaking the contract means he did not got get paid for the remainder of the contract.

I have made decisions to leave a company for greener pastures when I had many responsibilities under my role, as have many of my co-workers over the years. I have also left because an organization was dysfunctional, as have many of my past co-workers.

Obviously, Saban made the right choice for him. His coaching style fits better in college than the pros. Saban has made a HUGE difference in the players lives he has coached. There is good reason highly rated players continually choose Alabama. Saban makes a positive impact in people’s lives that play for him. I do not hear current or former players bad mouthing Saban.

Besides, none of us know the ”exact” details that took place behind the seen. We saw the media coverage. And what I recall is the media was on Saban like hound dogs while Saban was actively coaching games. He said what he needed to say to focus on his job.

In studies I have seen, the average person lies anywhere between 20 to 200 times a day depending on what is considered a “lie” so the idea that Saban should be hated because he lied is laughable to me. I can guarantee EVERY single person that still hates Saban has themselves lied, numerous times. People lie, that is part of what people do! It is a matter of how often and under what context, not whether they do or not. This wasn’t an egregious lie that continually hurts people, like 40% of the people in this country have been caught up in over the past 9 months.

So why should I be butt sore and have hatred toward someone 15 years later? It would only hurt myself. It sure as heck would not be hurting Saban. To me, that is just the sign of a painful mind and a person who is not able to process feelings of rejection or abandonment so covers those up with resentment and hatred.

Others are free to live their life like that. I choose not to.
I have zero hatred towards Saban. I reserve my hatred for people that have the ability to harm others and or lie in ways that could hurt my quality of life or the future my children will face.

The person that is butt sore is Nick Saban, who once again is brining up the past and is shifting blame to the teams medical staff, rather than moving on and letting it be.

For someone that is the running for the greatest college coach of all time it shows a high level of narcissism and pettiness on his behalf.

The reports (multiple and from credible sources that I personally know) of how he treated people in Miami only confirms that while he may be a good recruiter he's likely not a good human being and is full of **** as it relates to Brees.

I have zero hatred towards Saban. I reserve my hatred for people that have the ability to harm others and or lie in ways that could hurt my quality of life or the future my children will face.

The person that is butt sore is Nick Saban, who once again is brining up the past and is shifting blame to the teams medical staff, rather than moving on and letting it be.

For someone that is the running for the greatest college coach of all time it shows a high level of narcissism and pettiness on his behalf.

The reports (multiple and from credible sources that I personally know) of how he treated people in Miami only confirms that while he may be a good recruiter he's likely not a good human being and is full of **** as it relates to Brees.
lol…claim you have zero hatred for Saban and then call him names and make accusations.

Back
Top Bottom