Nick Saban Naming Dan Marino As One Of The Best Qbs He Has Ever Seen. | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nick Saban Naming Dan Marino As One Of The Best Qbs He Has Ever Seen.

Our resident Alabama fans are like nyjunc. You mentioned Sanchez, Rex and/or Jets and there he was. You mention Tua, Saban or Alabama and here they are. And this endless stupid defending of Saban's time in the NFL especially with the Dolphins is very nyjunc-like as well.

As Dolphins fan nobody cares what he does in Alabama. His lasting memory in the NFL is not only that he is an awful NFL HC but also a sneaky lying bastard for telling not only media and fans that he had no interest to go to Alabama but also his team and employer while already having completed negotiations with Alabama to become their HC. That is highly unprofessional and even if he would be interested I doubt that any NFL owner would throw cash at him.

That part of his life of course does not diminish the fact that he is a great college coach. He does great recruiting and is a great game day coach.

There are plenty of Dolphins fans who don't give a flying **** about college football. For them the name Saban is equal to: bad coach, bad NFL talent evaluator, liar, unprofessional.

I don't know if our Alabama Crimson Tide trolls are Dolphins fans or not. But if they are they might want to take a page from the Canes fan/Dolphins fan playbook. While we love JJ as a Hurricanes coach we realized his shortcomings as a Dolphins coach (and JJ took on a much worse cap situation than Saban). His failure as a Dolphins HC does not diminish his accomplishments with the Canes and his accomplishment with the Canes does not blind us from his shortcomings as Dolphins HC.

And if you are not a Dolphins fan I have to refer to paragraph 1 in this post and I will look at you as trolls in the Main forum.

Let's also not forget that aside from a mediocre NFL coach who had Wayne hire more assistant coaches than any other team in the league, an SEC-enamored GM drafter making a part time RB the 2nd pick in the draft, and the brainiac who decided, if he can't have Brees, he'd take Culpepper, despite injury affected his mobility, his loveboat nonsense and refusal to rehab in MN, Saban also was a Davie office bully who intimidated general staff. A friend of a friend was the husband of one of them who had to be talked out of ambushing him outside Pizza Loft and kicking the crap out of him out.

Oh, and Heath Evans is a real ayehole and there's no excuse for him stealing the fins playbook and giving it to Belicheat, but let's also not forget that being so butt hurt at Saban for cutting him on a phone call instead of face to face like a man was what prompted his inappropriate behavior.

Great college coach, there's no denying, but he was just another blemish on the Fins history.

:lmfao:
If memory serves me correctly, and it might not, Saban was also somewhat pu$$y whipped by his wife, a country bumpkin who was miserable living in a cosmopolitan setting in a Ft Lauderdale mansion along the beautiful Intracoastal. And that's where a lot of the 2faced pressure to quit on the team originated.
Country bumpkin? :lol:

Let's also not forget that aside from a mediocre NFL coach who had Wayne hire more assistant coaches than any other team in the league, an SEC-enamored GM drafter making a part time RB the 2nd pick in the draft, and the brainiac who decided, if he can't have Brees, he'd take Culpepper, despite injury affected his mobility, his loveboat nonsense and refusal to rehab in MN, Saban also was a Davie office bully who intimidated general staff. A friend of a friend was the husband of one of them who had to be talked out of ambushing him outside Pizza Loft and kicking the crap out of him out.

Oh, and Heath Evans is a real ayehole and there's no excuse for him stealing the fins playbook and giving it to Belicheat, but let's also not forget that being so butt hurt at Saban for cutting him on a phone call instead of face to face like a man was what prompted his inappropriate behavior.

Great college coach, there's no denying, but he was just another blemish on the Fins history.
I heard about that office stuff as well. You can bully your office staff in college but in the NFL you get into trouble. People won't work for you anymore but rather against you.

Dude, you named three guys who didn't have their heart into making the Dolphins into a winning organization.

What about Adam Gase, Cameron, Philbin, Sparano, Wannstedt, Rick Spielman, Dennis Hickey, Jeff Ireland, Randy Mueller

Sounds like the Dolphins just can’t seem to find anybody with the heart to succeed in the organization. Most of em do ok for themselves outside of it.

He is despised by everyone that is not a Bama fan ..just like the patriots are. Go to a sports bar outside of Alabama and see who people are rooting for.

I got a better idea - get out of sports bars.

Douchenozzle NFL fans that hang out in sports bars are the least informed people you can find. Other than the media. Start talking to people who actually have knowledge and who’s opinions matter - like former players, coaches, and employers who have hired Saban.

All those fans that say they despise him just say it because he beats their brains out. Those LSU fans that say they despise him would love him again if he went back to LSU.

If memory serves me correctly, and it might not, Saban was also somewhat pu$$y whipped by his wife, a country bumpkin who was miserable living in a cosmopolitan setting in a Ft Lauderdale mansion along the beautiful Intracoastal. And that's where a lot of the 2faced pressure to quit on the team originated.

I’ve traveled all over the country for my work the past 35 years. I’ve lived all over the country. My line of work is similar to coaching in that you’re a hired gun - it’s a small world of people that have your specific skill in the nuclear business. It’s contract work similar to coaching. You’re hired to turn something around because the project is failing.

Rarely have I been in one spot for longer than 2 years in that time. I’ve taken on jobs where I was miserable because of where I was at. But it was the choice I made.

More importantly, I’ve taken jobs where the wife was miserable because of where we were at. Let me just tell you something, you don’t want that. I know what it’s like.

What about Adam Gase, Cameron, Philbin, Sparano, Wannstedt, Rick Spielman, Dennis Hickey, Jeff Ireland, Randy Mueller

Sounds like the Dolphins just can’t seem to find anybody with the heart to succeed in the organization. Most of em do ok for themselves outside of it.
None for the coaches you mentioned were successful HC in the NFL - before and after the Dolphins (with Gase still TBD). None of the FO people you mentioned were successful GMs before and after the Dolphins. As a matter of fact only one is currently a GM but has had only medium success (two playoff seasons vs 4 non-playoff seasons)

Nick Saban is part of that line of failures. He is as much of a failure as any of them. What makes it even worse: all of them tried to make it better with their very limited abilities. Saban failed, lied and ran.
Saban - awful NFL coach, great college coach. That's all there is to it.

None for the coaches you mentioned were successful HC in the NFL - before and after the Dolphins (with Gase still TBD). None of the FO people you mentioned were successful GMs before and after the Dolphins. As a matter of fact only one is currently a GM but has had only medium success (two playoff seasons vs 4 non-playoff seasons)

Nick Saban is part of that line of failures. He is as much of a failure as any of them. What makes it even worse: all of them tried to make it better with their very limited abilities. Saban failed, lied and ran.
Saban - awful NFL coach, great college coach. That's all there is to it.

No it’s not all there is to it. There’s a lot more to it.

Let me ask you this - at what point does the organization itself become an issue and not the people it hires - 50 coaches and GM’s? 100?

You actually think some hotshot coach or promoted from within scout is going to come in and make the Dolphins a winner?

I’m waiting for it.

I got a better idea - get out of sports bars.

Douchenozzle NFL fans that hang out in sports bars are the least informed people you can find. Other than the media. Start talking to people who actually have knowledge and who’s opinions matter - like former players, coaches, and employers who have hired Saban.

All those fans that say they despise him just say it because he beats their brains out. Those LSU fans that say they despise him would love him again if he went back to LSU.
You can take that douche nozzle NFL fans back to the college board. This is the forum of an NFL team. Nobody here cares about LSU fans. Subject is Saban as an NFL coach and Dan Marino.

You can take that douche nozzle NFL fans back to the college board. This is the forum of an NFL team. Nobody here cares about LSU fans. Subject is Saban as an NFL coach and Dan Marino.

You’re right nobody cares about LSU fans. I didn’t bring em up somebody else did.

Our resident Alabama fans are like nyjunc. You mentioned Sanchez, Rex and/or Jets and there he was. You mention Tua, Saban or Alabama and here they are. And this endless stupid defending of Saban's time in the NFL especially with the Dolphins is very nyjunc-like as well.

As Dolphins fan nobody cares what he does in Alabama. His lasting memory in the NFL is not only that he is an awful NFL HC but also a sneaky lying bastard for telling not only media and fans that he had no interest to go to Alabama but also his team and employer while already having completed negotiations with Alabama to become their HC. That is highly unprofessional and even if he would be interested I doubt that any NFL owner would throw cash at him.

That part of his life of course does not diminish the fact that he is a great college coach. He does great recruiting and is a great game day coach.

There are plenty of Dolphins fans who don't give a flying **** about college football. For them the name Saban is equal to: bad coach, bad NFL talent evaluator, liar, unprofessional.

I don't know if our Alabama Crimson Tide trolls are Dolphins fans or not. But if they are they might want to take a page from the Canes fan/Dolphins fan playbook. While we love JJ as a Hurricanes coach we realized his shortcomings as a Dolphins coach (and JJ took on a much worse cap situation than Saban). His failure as a Dolphins HC does not diminish his accomplishments with the Canes and his accomplishment with the Canes does not blind us from his shortcomings as Dolphins HC.

And if you are not a Dolphins fan I have to refer to paragraph 1 in this post and I will look at you as trolls in the Main forum.

This has nothing to do with Saban and Marino.

So let’s hear what you know about Saban and Marino. Everyone is anxious to find out what you know about it....

No it’s not all there is to it. There’s a lot more to it.

Let me ask you this - at what point does the organization itself become an issue and not the people it hires - 50 coaches and GM’s? 100?

You actually think some hotshot coach or promoted from within scout is going to come in and make the Dolphins a winner?

I’m waiting for it.
Of course it is the organizations fault for not hiring the right FO and/or coaches. Duh!!!!
But Saban is as much of a failure pick by this organization as any of the other coaches and/or FO people.

And where do you think GMs come from? Amazon.com? Dairy aisle at the grocery store? They are all promoted either from within or from other teams. :bobdole:

Maybe you should stick with college football. The NFL might be a tad too much for you.

Of course it is the organizations fault for not hiring the right FO and/or coaches. Duh!!!!
But Saban is as much of a failure pick by this organization as any of the other coaches and/or FO people.

And where do you think GMs come from? Amazon.com? Dairy aisle at the grocery store? They are all promoted either from within or from other teams. :bobdole:

Maybe you should stick with college football. The NFL might be a tad too much for you.

Yeah it might be. I’m willing to learn though.

I’m ready to begin when you are.

Back
Top Bottom