Nick saban this morning | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nick saban this morning

JTech194

Starter
Reaction score
Nick saban was on the radio this mornig with Joe Rose for his weekly appearance and had some really nice things to say IMO. The one thing that he said the most is that (and I'm paraphrasing here) he wants a team that plays physical hard nosed football that other teams don't want to play against. He also said that this is more important than what the scoreboard says.

Now this is how I feel about his statement.

It's about damn time we get a coach in here that want's to play some real football. I'm not talking about the finess candyass type football that we've been subjected to since the killer bees of the 80's (or was it early nineties? i forget) Don shula had marino so the offense was more of a finess offense and the defense just was not that good. Then jimmy came in and tried to implement a more punishing type offense but still had marino and shula's players so that didn't work. He also brought his miami philosophy of great speed on defense but what he failed to remember is that Those UM teamse had some real intimidating players on it that would knock the snot out of you if you got it twisted. (that's slang for misunderstood). And then wanstadt came in and just did nothing to improve the seemingly obvious flaw. no disrespect to Zach, Sam, Jason, or surtain, but they all are undersized and IMHO too nice. I don't like players to make a tackle and help the player up, THAT'S SOFT. I coach little leauge football and I make my players run laps in practice for doing that in games, you shake hands after the game is over, period. No one on our defense struck fear in opposing offenses. The closest we got to a big hitter recently was Sammy knight but he just didn't have that atwater, or lot, or even lynch attitude. I would have loved for us to pick up that safety from denver (I forget his name the one who knocked chambers out two years ago). those are the types of players that need to be on this team, mean and nasty sons of *******. I believe that if you play physical hardnosed football for four quaters, every game, the score board will take care of itself. Our team over the years while good, has never had this type of personell make up but I'm starting to see that change. Anybody feel like I do or am I just crazy??????/ :fire:

Well, I do not agree 100% with everything you said, but in a nutshell, yes.

It is great to have Nick Saban leading this team. I have so much confidence in this staff as opposed to the circus that was last year.

I read the transcript on the official site and it was quite impressive.

jjizzim said:
Now this is how I feel about his statement.

It's about damn time we get a coach in here that want's to play some real football. I'm not talking about the finess candyass type football that we've been subjected to since the killer bees of the 80's (or was it early nineties? i forget) Don shula had marino so the offense was more of a finess offense and the defense just was not that good. Then jimmy came in and tried to implement a more punishing type offense but still had marino and shula's players so that didn't work. He also brought his miami philosophy of great speed on defense but what he failed to remember is that Those UM teamse had some real intimidating players on it that would knock the snot out of you if you got it twisted. (that's slang for misunderstood). And then wanstadt came in and just did nothing to improve the seemingly obvious flaw. no disrespect to Zach, Sam, Jason, or surtain, but they all are undersized and IMHO too nice. I don't like players to make a tackle and help the player up, THAT'S SOFT. I coach little leauge football and I make my players run laps in practice for doing that in games, you shake hands after the game is over, period. No one on our defense struck fear in opposing offenses. The closest we got to a big hitter recently was Sammy knight but he just didn't have that atwater, or lot, or even lynch attitude. I would have loved for us to pick up that safety from denver (I forget his name the one who knocked chambers out two years ago). those are the types of players that need to be on this team, mean and nasty sons of *******. I believe that if you play physical hardnosed football for four quaters, every game, the score board will take care of itself. Our team over the years while good, has never had this type of personell make up but I'm starting to see that change. Anybody feel like I do or am I just crazy??????/ :fire:
how about a cliff notes version?

jjizzim said:
I would have loved for us to pick up that safety from denver (I forget his name the one who knocked chambers out two years ago
Kennoy Kennedy is nothing but a cheap shot merchant who lacks range or anything resembling coverage skills, yeah he can put a hit on someone but guys need to have ability as well as attitude

DolphinDevil28 said:
Well, I do not agree 100% with everything you said, but in a nutshell, yes.

It is great to have Nick Saban leading this team. I have so much confidence in this staff as opposed to the circus that was last year.

I read the transcript on the official site and it was quite impressive.

Do you have a link for this transcript?

Good post...except for the little league football stuff...Kids should learn good sportsmanship from an early age....IMO, helping up a player you just planted into the ground doesn't show weakness, it actually shows strength of character.

The biggest difference Saban is going to make on this team is attitude IMO...

Saban is a strong disciplinarian, and that's something this team had none of with Wanny at the controls. He's going to be hard on these guys, and it's about time....

This team has had all the talent needed, but for all these years they've lacked the confidence and the drive for what it takes to become champions. Saban will turn it around, and give them what it takes to get to the next level IMO. His method of coaching is exactly what this team needed, and I think we'll see a big difference on game day, and the way this team plays....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

I don't agree, but if you want physical hard nose football no problem. I'll take a win anyway I can get it.

jjizzim said:
no disrespect to Zach, Sam, Jason, or surtain, but they all are undersized and IMHO too nice. I don't like players to make a tackle and help the player up, THAT'S SOFT. I coach little leauge football and I make my players run laps in practice for doing that in games, you shake hands after the game is over, period.

:shakeno: That's not soft, that's respectful. It's a damn game, not a war.

jjizzim said:
I coach little leauge football and I make my players run laps in practice for doing that in games, you shake hands after the game is over, period.

Glad my son isn't learning his sportsmanship from you! It isn't being soft to have enough self-respect to help an opponent up, and then continue to knock him down on the next play.

canesfins13 said:
Nothing is more important than the scoreboard.

Correct, but what Nick Saban believes is you teach and focus primarily on the things you need to do in order to get the results you want on the scoreboard.

Hard work, dominate your man, do your job, etc... and the scores will come.

The score of a game is the bi-product. You can't go through a game expecting the score to change in your favor if you don't focus on what you need to do correctly.

Back
Top Bottom