Nick Saban | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nick Saban

Saban knew midway through his second year that his “brand” was at stake and he could either put in the dirty work to fix it or hightail it back to college and preserve his “brand” in a world of unlimited talent and resources. He’s not lazy by any means, but multiple sub-.500 seasons in the pros might have turned him into tainted goods when he came groveling back to the college ranks. He left the pros before his college image could take a major hit.

If Saban signed Brees like he should have he would still be coaching. We would have won five superbowls and we would be toast of the league.

Why would Miami sign Brees when his shoulder didn't pass the medical staffs exam? I hate Saban and his wife as much as the next guy, but you can't put Miami not signing Brees on Saban.

My curiosity is, would Saban still be here if he picked Aaron Rodgers instead Ronnie Brown? I know, alotta teams passed on him. But still, if Saban woulda taken him I wonder if things would've been different.

I view it as a tremendous success in both directions. We got rid of a moron who was petrified of the press and any type of legitimate questioning and scrutiny, and the college game got a savior who made sure that defense and physical football were still paramount amidst all the lazy cupcake styles elsewhere.

Imagine if Saban never returned, and the Big 12 tinkerbell approach was viewed as the ultimate goal. So scary I don't even want to think of it. You'd have one genius sports analyst and one message board poster after another insisting that no defense is capable of stopping/slowing those teams.

Saban's personnel history here gave no hint that he knew what he was doing, without 85 scholarships and a built-in advantage.

Major kudos to Pete Carroll for transferring from college to pro and becoming champion at each level. I thought Carroll made a mistake. But Seattle for a few years had a distinct advantage in identifying lower rated players based on arm length at cornerback, etc.

Only at FH could a thread this dumb go to 3 pages. Could we just have a sticky called “rub salt into wounds”? Or should I just start a thread called “why didn’t Drew Brees want to play for us?”

College football comes down to recruiting.

Only at FH could a thread this dumb go to 3 pages. Could we just have a sticky called “rub salt into wounds”? Or should I just start a thread called “why didn’t Drew Brees want to play for us?”
It must not be so dumb after all. You contributed.

5d6e1e5f998c99602c1abe5d90c17ac2

Dave Wannstadt has a more successful career as an NFL HC than Nick Saban.
He’s won a playoff game as a HC and has a SB ring as the DC of the Cowboys.
Those are facts, not opinions.

Dave Wannstadt has a more successful career as an NFL HC than Nick Saban.
He’s won a playoff game as a HC and has a SB ring as the DC of the Cowboys.
Those are facts, not opinions.

Go ask any lay person who Dave Wannstant is,and who Nick Saban is..One answer will be “greatest coach ever and the other answer will be “who”?..
And if you think Wanny was a success here..we’ll,that speaks of you..nothing else to say.

I view it as a tremendous success in both directions. We got rid of a moron who was petrified of the press and any type of legitimate questioning and scrutiny, and the college game got a savior who made sure that defense and physical football were still paramount amidst all the lazy cupcake styles elsewhere.

Imagine if Saban never returned, and the Big 12 tinkerbell approach was viewed as the ultimate goal. So scary I don't even want to think of it. You'd have one genius sports analyst and one message board poster after another insisting that no defense is capable of stopping/slowing those teams.

Saban's personnel history here gave no hint that he knew what he was doing, without 85 scholarships and a built-in advantage.

Major kudos to Pete Carroll for transferring from college to pro and becoming champion at each level. I thought Carroll made a mistake. But Seattle for a few years had a distinct advantage in identifying lower rated players based on arm length at cornerback, etc.

Don’t forget the scandal that Pete ran from USC to Seattle and brought his own steroid guy to the pros with him...nothing says success like a scandal and cheating...Atta boy Pete.

Apparently Nick Saban's wife let the Alabama guy into their house and told Nick that he was not enjoying life, the family wasn't enjoying life, and he was in the wrong place, so she pushed him to speak with the Alabama guy who convinced him to go back to college after he had said he was not going to Alabama.

Back
Top Bottom