NO 1 year deal for Ty Law.... Curtis Conway to the Dolphins? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NO 1 year deal for Ty Law.... Curtis Conway to the Dolphins?

godfater21

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Law, 31, visited the Dolphins on Wednesday but wants a contract that pays him in the ballpark of the NFL's better cornerbacks, and he is not thinking about signing a one-year deal.

Miami also might add Az-Zahir Hakim, Curtis Conway or a receiver who might be released after June 1 for salary cap reasons.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=knight-lawisnotexpectingpaycut&prov=knight&type=lgns

I would like to give Ty Law a 5yr deal like what we gave Kevin Carter.

curtis conway would be nice

didnt he drop the game winner in the playoffs this past season?

While I think that Law could help the Dolphins, I don't think the deal is going to happen. The Postons don't seem to realize that he is 31 and coming off a bad injury. Yet, they talk like none of that matters. He's a good corner, but not the player he was even 2-3 years ago.

No thanks to Conway. Would rather have Boston

godfater21 said:
Law, 31, visited the Dolphins on Wednesday but wants a contract that pays him in the ballpark of the NFL's better cornerbacks, and he is not thinking about signing a one-year deal.

Miami also might add Az-Zahir Hakim, Curtis Conway or a receiver who might be released after June 1 for salary cap reasons.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=knight-lawisnotexpectingpaycut&prov=knight&type=lgns

I would like to give Ty Law a 5yr deal like what we gave Kevin Carter.
Law wants to much $ And I take Boston over Conway.

Atila said:

I would have to disagree with you on Conway. I watched him when he was out here in San Diego, and I was not impressed at all.

At the end we wont be able to afford law the money he wants. As for Boston and Conway, Boston has a better chance to land here then Conway does.

first&goal said:
Law wants to much $ And I take Boston over Conway.

I generally agree, but don't take the Law's agents at face value. They are just trying to set a market price.

The truth is that Law nor his agents have much control over the market. They'll get what a team will pay. The real question is Detriot. Are the Lions going to pay big money. If not, then Law is a real possibility.

Bottom line, it is really up to the Lions, not the agent (Postons) or Law.

As for the receiver issue, I kind of like Boston, but I can't really back that up as he has been a turd.

Hummer23 said:
Whatever happened to Charles Lee?

I know that before the draft we was interested in Lee, but i havent heard anything since then.

conway is getting old and hakim is only 27 or 28 i think.
id mtake hakim over comway, and lets forget about Law he wants to much $$ and a long term deal, sooo no

No to all Coway and Law.

Az Hakim ...maybe

Atila said:

Hes on the 49ers i dont know how he can drop a game winner when they won only 2 games...they didnt make the playoffs

Why would anyone want Hakim? hes extremely injury prone, he cant run routes, and he cant catch the ball.

Back
Top Bottom