no backup FB ? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

no backup FB ?

I also believe that Edwards is the odd man out. Henry just has more of an upside then Edwards do. I think in order for Edwards to keep in role on our team he has to be exceptionally better then henry which i don't see happening. I think the the Dolphins will keep Henry in hopes of devoloping him, Edwards did he thing last year but wasn't impressive. Of course Minor has the back up role to Williams sewed up, but if i was the coach i'd put henry in as 3rd string. Edwards had that horrible injury and is older the Henry, but that is just my opinion. who else agrees?

Contrary to that opinion...

Travis Minor - 44 carries 180 yards 4.1 average
Robert Edwards- 20 carries 107 yards 5.4 average

Just my observation...

Minor runs more like Lamar Smith in that he runs straight to the hole whether it's there or not.

Edwards runs more like Ricky in that he pauses and allows the hole will open.

i never thought of not keeping a back-up FB before....

well, i don't want dyer to make this squad, i like him, but there are alot of others i would rather see make it over him.

as for femi, i want him to make the team. i like FBs that can not only block, but do everything above average. but to tell the truth, i am not to sure how good he is at blocking. i have never read about his blocking, nor does it stick out in my mind in last years preseason games.

so i guess i wouldn't mind miami not keeping a back-up FB. i think ricky could do well without one if it came down to a konrad injury. or we could cut both back-up FBs, and just sign femi if konrad gets hurt. last year no NFL team picked him up, maybe the same will happen this year.

Originally posted by DolFinatic718
I also believe that Edwards is the odd man out.

what?!?!!??! according to den54, you're not talking sense! :eek:

Originally posted by Peanut

what?!?!!??! according to den54, you're not talking sense! :eek:

You better relax.....Den54 did not attack you personally in any way.....YOU on the other hand, are skating a thin line....let it go.:pirate:

Originally posted by Peanut

for some reason, you love to attack my posts & never list reasons to support your points. you're a terrible poster man, sorry. i agree with unclemonty!

the fact that wanny/spielman/norv has stated that edwards isn't a lock to make the roster, means that i AM talking sense!

why do people have to get so personal when they disagree? :rolleyes:

I have no idea what you are talking about.
Actualy after watching the scrimmage yesterday I truly hope then can keep both Edwards and Henry but if Henry continues to impress I must admit I might not be broken hearted if they kept him over Edwards or perhaps even Minor.
Now as far loving to attack your post and being a terrible poster, please feel free to back it up.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by ZOD
Contrary to that opinion...

Travis Minor - 44 carries 180 yards 4.1 average
Robert Edwards- 20 carries 107 yards 5.4 average

Just my observation...

Minor runs more like Lamar Smith in that he runs straight to the hole whether it's there or not.

Edwards runs more like Ricky in that he pauses and allows the hole will open.

Minor's spot is safe, its between edwards and henry for 3rd rb if anything.

Stats can be decieving, remember that edwards was the 3rd down back last season for most of it and he would come in on 3rd and 7,8,9 situations. When you hand it off in that situation you're bound to get a nice YPC due to the fact that the D is geared up for a pass. Minor on the other hand came in as rickys backup and get carries on 1st and 2nd, which makes his 4.1 YPC much more legit. Minor also is the "change of pace" back because of his speed, which edwards doesnt have.

I like all our backs, i just think at this time edwards may be the odd man out.

How often do you give Edwards the hand off on 3rd and 8 ?

Edwards got his carries in the 4th quarter to run the clock out in the first 6 or so games before being removed from the team.

Short memory ? :lol:

guess the FB was not exciting enough a position to talk for most of you...:topic:

the fact that Cole would speculate on Konrad having no true backups is really odd IMO

Back
Top Bottom