No Bates | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

No Bates

zodiak

Starter
Reaction score
Dolfans

I dont like the idea of hiring Jim Bates...if he wasnt good enough two years ago why would he be the right choice now?

I dont like the idea of Cam Cameron or Rivera or any hot assistant, I like the idea of hiring a "strong" GM and then a coach with HC experience maybe a
Jim Mora Jr. yes I am luke warm to the idea of Pete Carroll(with a GM)
Bill Cohwer??? mmm dont know I like guys that are climbing the mountain not sure about guys that have been their.

If I had to give my top 4 list I'd say:

1-Jim Mora
2-Pete Carroll
3-Bill Cohwer
4-Dom Capers

Dolfans

I dont like the idea of hiring Jim Bates...if he wasnt good enough two years ago why would he be the right choice now?

I dont like the idea of Cam Cameron or Rivera or any hot assistant, I like the idea of hiring a "strong" GM and then a coach with HC experience maybe a
Jim Mora Jr. yes I am luke warm to the idea of Pete Carroll(with a GM)
Bill Cohwer??? mmm dont know I like guys that are climbing the mountain not sure about guys that have been their.

If I had to give my top 4 list I'd say:

1-Jim Mora
2-Pete Carroll
3-Bill Cohwer
4-Dom Capers

I hate the carrol Idea but Mora is my top pick although I don't think we hire him.

I hate the carrol Idea but Mora is my top pick although I don't think we hire him.

After what Saban did, I wouldn't hire Mora. The guy said he would quit the NFL in a second if offered the Washington job. While thats unlikely, it still would put us in a possible situation like the one we're in now and I don't think it's worth the risk. I'd rather go after Martz or Cameron and hopefully keep Capers around to run the same defensive schemes.

After what Saban did, I wouldn't hire Mora. The guy said he would quit the NFL in a second if offered the Washington job. While thats unlikely, it still would put us in a possible situation like the one we're in now and I don't think it's worth the risk. I'd rather go after Martz or Cameron and hopefully keep Capers around to run the same defensive schemes.

He explained the context of his statement, and I buy it. Saban always jumps to the money and I doubt washington outbids us.

Nobody can say for sure that Bates "wasn't good enough" two years ago. All they can say is that he didn't get the job and therefore didn't get a *chance* to show if he was good enough or not. Was Nick Saban good enough two years ago? Apparently not, but he got hired... now with the benefit of hindsight we can look back and say that was a mistake. Maybe *not* hiring Bates was a mistake as well.

Maybe Bates would be a good HC for us, maybe he wouldn't. But none of us know for sure one way or the other until he gets a shot.

It never ceases to amaze me how people can make such affirmative statements that simply cannot be substantiated in any objective way... <sigh />

You have to remember, Bates was never considered because they had Saban in there back pocket. Everyone they interview, i.e. Art Shell, was just window dressing.

In may opinion, Bates HC, Capers DC, Green OC.

I want a coach...that bleeds aqua and orange. I want a coach..that is a Dolphin on the inside..not just on his shirt lapel. Short of Don Shula...who I wish would step back in for a year or two....Jim Bates is someone I would want as HC. He loved the Miami Dolphins. His players loved him. He had passion. Let the Co-ordinators do the x's and o's. We need a leader. Coach Bates my not be the sexiest name out there...but hes the one Id love to call coach.

You have to remember, Bates was never considered because they had Saban in there back pocket. Everyone they interview, i.e. Art Shell, was just window dressing.

In may opinion, Bates HC, Capers DC, Green OC.

is Dennis Green really that good of an OC? I'm pretty sure it was his offenses fault that Arizona lost to the Bears, they gave the Bears two defensive TDs and were shut down late in the game. Mike Martz is a better offensive coach and Al Saunders is the best in the game if you ask me. I want one of those two

Green may not be the best but he know Culpepper.
As for a Arizona goes, I like to think we have better talent than they do

I hope Mike Malaurky gets fired soon. That's all I ask for.

Green may not be the best but he know Culpepper.
As for a Arizona goes, I like to think we have better talent than they do
not on offense which is what your talking about when you mention Dennis Green, Boldin and Fittzgerald is the best combo in the game

and we want the best guy for the job, we won't give a guy a job just because of Culpepper. depending on the new head coach Culpepper could be gone and he's certainly not the future

I say we trade Harrington. Since he got some exposure, we might be able to get some bucks for him. We pick up Randy Moss. We get Drew Bleadsoe as a veteran back up to Cpep. We have to give Cpep a shot. We haven't seen him at 100%. If that 100% will ever come, I don't know. With a new head coach and God willing a new Of. Cord. and the draft. I think we'll be ok. Oh, trade Mare and get Mike Vandergat. Plus Ricky Williams might be coming back. I don't think we're in bad shape. I hope our Defense can manage another great year.

Back
Top Bottom