No Bowl for Miami | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

No Bowl for Miami

It was the right thing to do. It sucks for the seniors who might finally have a chance to win a bowl game since Shantard isn't roaming the sidelines, but in the grand scheme of things, it's great.

Absolutely. If we were going to play UF or even out here, that would have been alright, but our team hasn't been that great this year, and if we're going to skip a bowl, this is the year to do it.

Absolutely. If we were going to play UF or even out here, that would have been alright, but our team hasn't been that great this year, and if we're going to skip a bowl, this is the year to do it.
Most projections I've seen have UF in the Gator Bowl against a Big 10 (but really 12) team anyway unless Clemson loses the ACC title game and the Peach Bowl wants to avoid a rematch with them and Auburn. UF somehow beating FSU doesn't hurt that prospect either.

And some second-rate bowl game between two crappy estranged rivals who may not even want to be there anyway doesn't make for a compelling matchup. Happened in that '04 Peach Bowl and it could not have been a less memorable game. That game is always on my birthday and it's kinda been my own personal tradition to watch it for some reason.

I liked the 04 Peach Bowl, probably because of the result, plus UM doesn't get to play the Gators often.

Well also two teams from Florida playing in Georgia is kind of dumb too. One team had a coach that wasn't there and the other had a coach who was asleep at the wheel and would be for the next two years.

It was the right thing to do. It sucks for the seniors who might finally have a chance to win a bowl game since Shantard isn't roaming the sidelines, but in the grand scheme of things, it's great.

It's quite a few seniors who are the reason they are doing this. I feel bad only for a few of them.

Back
Top Bottom