No BS, what veterans will get cut? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

No BS, what veterans will get cut?

I wouldn't have any objection to those 4 getting cut. I think Lee might make it though. I don't see Minor staying on the team. We'll probably lose T. Bowens to retirement. We'll probably dump D. Bowens and Whitley. If Chester is healthy enough to play then we may get rid of Zgonina or Romero. I don't think we'll keep both of them.

Nublar7 said:
If you are talking about June 1st cuts, then the answer is none.
Your right Nub, I should of said the final 53! Who do you think will be let go! I just got in from busting my butt with my father in law, in working in his back yard, so I need some Dolphin talk with my beer!

Fin Fan in Cali said:
Your right Nub, I should of said the final 53! Who do you think will be let go! I just got in from busting my butt with my father in law, in working in his back yard, so I need some Dolphin talk with my beer!
Honestly, I don't see David Bowens being cut. With the shape we are in at the DT position, and the likely hood that Carter will play a lot inside, we are going to need a good DE backup to Holliday. Roth will obviously back on Jason Taylor, but unless Flemons turns out an amazing Training Camp, we don't have anyone worthy of backing up Holliday other then David Bowens.

Now, if you meant Tim Bowens, then yeah I see us parting was with him. Larry Chester is another possibility, but in the end I think he will be on the roster even if his role this year is just to be a rotation DT with Carter and Traylor.

Whitley IMO will make the team, and even though Wade Smith is the only one fighting McKinney for the starting Center job, I think Smith could be let go. He will probably make it, but being cut is never out of the question.

Donald Lee like you said could be let go, but I think in the end he will make the team and Alex Holmes will be placed on the practice squad.

Travis Minor is as good as gone, because I believe we will carry 2 FBs(Evans, Morris) and 3 RBs(maybe 4) which will be Brown, Williams, Gordon and if we do keep 4, Harris(otherwise he heads to the PS).

I think a real SHOCKER could be Derrius Thompson, but I doubt it. He may not be happy being the #4 WR, but I don't think Saban would part ways with him because this is Derrius' last season under contract. Plus, you never know when Boston could go down. I don't think it will happen, but stranger things have happend.

the only one that I hope gets cut is minor. I think we need depth everywhere else, and until we get some free agents or anything, it will be hard to cut people at DT or CB.

no way we cut derrius thompson. unless like you alluded to, he becomes a clubhouse problem.

Nublar7 said:
Honestly, I don't see David Bowens being cut. With the shape we are in at the DT position, and the likely hood that Carter will play a lot inside, we are going to need a good DE backup to Holliday. Roth will obviously back on Jason Taylor, but unless Flemons turns out an amazing Training Camp, we don't have anyone worthy of backing up Holliday other then David Bowens.

Now, if you meant Tim Bowens, then yeah I see us parting was with him. Larry Chester is another possibility, but in the end I think he will be on the roster even if his role this year is just to be a rotation DT with Carter and Traylor.

Whitley IMO will make the team, and even though Wade Smith is the only one fighting McKinney for the starting Center job, I think Smith could be let go. He will probably make it, but being cut is never out of the question.

Donald Lee like you said could be let go, but I think in the end he will make the team and Alex Holmes will be placed on the practice squad.

Travis Minor is as good as gone, because I believe we will carry 2 FBs(Evans, Morris) and 3 RBs(maybe 4) which will be Brown, Williams, Gordon and if we do keep 4, Harris(otherwise he heads to the PS).

I think a real SHOCKER could be Derrius Thompson, but I doubt it. He may not be happy being the #4 WR, but I don't think Saban would part ways with him because this is Derrius' last season under contract. Plus, you never know when Boston could go down. I don't think it will happen, but stranger things have happend.
I meant David Bowens! I just think he hasn't brought enough to the table, and the clock maybe ticking on him. As far as Tim goes, I know his time is done! He has been a very proud Dolphin, and for all that he has done, I salute him, and wish him a great life! Lee is a player that has potential, but I am not sure he will ever live up to it. I know he had a bad year last year. I just don't think he can put it all together. Just my two cents Nub.

Fin Fan in Cali said:
I meant David Bowens! I just think he hasn't brought enough to the table, and the clock maybe ticking on him. As far as Tim goes, I know his time is done! He has been a very proud Dolphin, and for all that he has done, I salute him, and wish him a great life! Lee is a player that has potential, but I am not sure he will ever live up to it. I know he had a bad year last year. I just don't think he can put it all together. Just my two cents Nub.
I agree that David hasn't been the best player for us, but by cutting him, I worry about our depth. This is his last year under contract, so we get no cap relief next year by parting with him, so I think we should hang on to him. He isn't a great starter, but I think he can do a fine job as a backup/rotational player. Once his contract is up, I just think we should let him walk. However, if a DE needy team comes calling in August or September that needs a DE, I wouldn't mind parting with him for a draft pick even if it is a day 2 pick.

Last year was David's first year starting and he only got like 5 1/2 sacks, no, he no good. What are you guys talking about, the kids a motor on the field, just like and before, Roth. We only cut him in a numbers crunch. He shouldn't even be considered for cuts really.

Nublar7 said:
I agree that David hasn't been the best player for us, but by cutting him, I worry about our depth. This is his last year under contract, so we get no cap relief next year by parting with him, so I think we should hang on to him. He isn't a great starter, but I think he can do a fine job as a backup/rotational player. Once his contract is up, I just think we should let him walk. However, if a DE needy team comes calling in August or September that needs a DE, I wouldn't mind parting with him for a draft pick even if it is a day 2 pick.
:beerbang:

MDFINFAN said:
Last year was David's first year starting and he only got like 5 1/2 sacks, no, he no good. What are you guys talking about, the kids a motor on the field, just like and before, Roth. We only cut him in a numbers crunch. He shouldn't even be considered for cuts really.
D. Bowens is better then he has played, and if he doesn't play to his potential then he could be a final cut. He hasn't played great of late, and if some one else's steps it up in camp, I would let him go.

Back
Top Bottom