No Coincidence | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

No Coincidence

Tua is accurate, decisive and growing as a leader of a team. This offense however is just not explosive and I’m not sure if this is arm limitations or personnel limitations or coaching limitations or all of the above. It sucks when you see explosive plays all over the NFL and we have an offense that for the most part looks like it’s playing fully inside of a two car garage.

Tua is accurate, decisive and growing as a leader of a team. This offense however is just not explosive and I’m not sure if this is arm limitations or personnel limitations or coaching limitations or all of the above. It sucks when you see explosive plays all over the NFL and we have an offense that for the most part looks like it’s playing fully inside of a two car garage.
When you have statistically the worst offensive line paired with a bottom two running game and the most drops in the league, what exactly are you expecting here?

Explosive plays are generally the result of time in the pocket. Tua doesn't have that consistently so therefore we don't have many explosive plays. We also have the added bonus of not being able to take deep shots on downs like 2nd and short because 3rd and 1 requires us to throw due to our running game being trash.

When you have statistically the worst offensive line paired with a bottom two running game and the most drops in the league, what exactly are you expecting here?

Explosive plays are generally the result of time in the pocket. Tua doesn't have that consistently so therefore we don't have many explosive plays. We also have the added bonus of not being able to take deep shots on downs like 2nd and short because 3rd and 1 requires us to throw due to our running game being trash.
All valid and similar to my line of thinking. The ball just doesn’t jump off his arm though on plays of 20+. I would like nothing more than Tua being the long term answer.

It is very much clearly is the offensive line and lack of running game. Lol it’s not even a question. Tua routinely created explosive plays in his College Football career against the best conference opponents. He’s doing the most with the least that few young professional QB’s have ever done. It’s making chicken salad with chicken ****

It perplexes me as to why this constantly needs to be explained

That's actually really well said. I don't agree with most of your stuff, but well said sir.

I have heard from quite a few people that Tua is not a top QB, because he does little in the 1st half, and actually does not get really hot until the 4th.

Well, in the 1st half, for the 1st time (Because time was running out), the ball was put in his hand, there was very few runs, and what happens...TD.

No coincidence that every time the ball is put in his hands...Not just success, but extreme success.

Not saying we should not run the ball, but Miami really needs big backs that can consistently get positive yardage at worse, and 5 to gone for a score at best.

Also not saying Tua is perfect, sometimes the ball floats on him, sometimes an open man, or better option is not seen by Tua, BUT, on the majority of plays (Like 75 to 80% of the time), Tua is making plays...That is an NFL QB that is a more consistent line and healthier receivers from being Elite.

Right now he is a very good QB that needs to get his respect.
Tua is far from perfect but in football years this was the first game of his 2nd season

Back
Top Bottom