No Coincidence | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

No Coincidence

Tua, when he's able to set his feet and fire the ball, has plenty of arm. When Brady came into the league his arm wasn't as strong as it is now. Arm strength can be improved over time but accuracy, you either have it or you don't, Tua has it. He also has a number of other elite skills and he's getting faster with his reads in the pocket.

Tua, when he's able to set his feet and fire the ball, has plenty of arm. When Brady came into the league his arm wasn't as strong as it is now. Arm strength can be improved over time but accuracy, you either have it or you don't, Tua has it. He also has a number of other elite skills and he's getting faster with his reads in the pocket.
The TD throw to Ford was as good as it gets.

I remember Ajayi.

He had more sub-50-yard games then he had over-100-yard games and had an attitude problem both before and after he garnered some success.

I don't miss him at all!
It would be great if Miami got a beast that could go over 100 yards more times then not, but Miami does not have to get a RB that was that productive to succeed, they need a big back that can power an extra 2 to 3 yards after contact.

I agree Ajayi had a terrible additive problem, and did not have consistency, but what he did bring is forcing teams to respect the run, and that would have helped Tua big time.

Ricky on this team would be a dream for us, and a nightmare for every team in the NFL. Ricky is playing on this team, with how the defense is playing right now, along with how Tua is finding ways to make plays with his arm, and I like our team to reach the playoffs, and far far beyond.

I think that they are trying to run clock, keep the defense as fresh as possible late, and keep the game close going in to the 4th quarter. With our OL issues, consistency is a huge factor. I think what is going on is deliberate. To win games right now with our limitations in both the running game and lack of pass protection, we must limit offensive opportunities for the other team and keep our D fresh for the end of the game, and be efficient as possible when we do open it up in spurts. We have been and we have won games. Now, is this a recipe to beat the better teams in the league on a consistent basis, that I do not think can happen.

In the Giants and the Baltimore game, they had several key drops that would have been long gainers if caught that impacted the game. In order to win, like we have been winning; you need some lucky breaks. However, this style is much better than when were were getting our butts handed to us in time of possession and the D was gassed at the end of the game.

What does this even mean? Is this the old eyeball test again? If it is, your eyeballs need checked by an eyeball doctor.
Funny since it was directed to a user named "Third Eye"...

Cant See Cheech Marin GIF

It's funny listening to these giants fans whining about their oline. They really have no idea what a truly terrible oline looks like. We have seen it this entire season. Giants line didn't play that poorly.

All valid and similar to my line of thinking. The ball just doesn’t jump off his arm though on plays of 20+. I would like nothing more than Tua being the long term answer.
The ball never jumped out of Pennington's arm either on 20+ yard throws, but he was still one of the best deep ball throwers in the league because it's not always about arm strength. He just used his anticipation to throw early.

Regardless of the arm, you need to have protection hold up on 5-7 step drops for deep passes first.

Tua is accurate, decisive and growing as a leader of a team. This offense however is just not explosive and I’m not sure if this is arm limitations or personnel limitations or coaching limitations or all of the above. It sucks when you see explosive plays all over the NFL and we have an offense that for the most part looks like it’s playing fully inside of a two car garage.
Mahomes and Tua have the same yards per catch average this year. Yet the Chiefs OL gives Mahomes more time in the pocket than the Dolphins OL gives Tua.

I believe the coaching staff realizes the OL doesn’t yet have the ability to give Tua much time in the pocket and therefore they are forced to rely on a short passing game. They have the worst running game in the league and the 32nd ranked OL. Tua showed in college he has the arm to throw the deep pass but he just doesn’t have the time behind the worst OL in the league.

The pass Tua threw to Hollins a few weeks ago was thrown on a line for 50 yards. If that didn’t show his arm strength, I’m not sure what the anti-Tua posters want to see to prove it’s not Tua‘s arm but the Dolphins OL for the reason the offense has to rely on the short passing game to have success.

Some people are butt hurt that we didn't draft their QB, mostly Herbert lovers, over Tua. Therefore, in what I think is the height of being unfair, no matter what the kid does they'll find the negative. Yesterday games was a nice win. The Giants played well and hit us for a bunch of 3rd and longs. They came to play and it took an error free game to win. We had a error free game. Tua has avoided picks for a couple of games now so that's trending up. He completed 75% of his throws and we won the game. He led us on some back breaking drives just like the week before. If our offense can burn clock other teams will be in trouble. Tua is becoming a weapon just like I predicted months ago.

The TD throw to Ford was as good as it gets.
And the way Tua looked off that DB by making it seem like he would do something else until the last second is the kind of stuff that makes him special.
He shows instincts and savvy that suggest he's more than what was on his 'Bama highlight reel. He does the kinda stuff that ARogers does.

If our O-line was average to good and we had a average to good RB, Tua would be in the discussion of the future great QB's in the league.

All of the talking heads would be drooling over him instead of bashing him.

I have heard from quite a few people that Tua is not a top QB, because he does little in the 1st half, and actually does not get really hot until the 4th.

Well, in the 1st half, for the 1st time (Because time was running out), the ball was put in his hand, there was very few runs, and what happens...TD.

No coincidence that every time the ball is put in his hands...Not just success, but extreme success.

Not saying we should not run the ball, but Miami really needs big backs that can consistently get positive yardage at worse, and 5 to gone for a score at best.

Also not saying Tua is perfect, sometimes the ball floats on him, sometimes an open man, or better option is not seen by Tua, BUT, on the majority of plays (Like 75 to 80% of the time), Tua is making plays...That is an NFL QB that is a more consistent line and healthier receivers from being Elite.

Right now he is a very good QB that needs to get his respect.
Great Post,

Time for people to start hating. I thought we should have taken Herbert but we did not. That is the past (except when I write about it :) Need to build a team around him such as an O Line (don't have faith in Grier to do this but that is another thread), get a legit RB1 and some complimentary WR's (Get Fuller, I can't play with my boo boo finger, out of here). That being said, I do not think Tua has a rocket deep down the field arm like Josh Allen or Herbert. What I have seen is he is deadly accurate in his short and middle throws which will keep in as a top 10 QB (Drew Brees type).

Back
Top Bottom