No Disrespect intended TimBo | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

No Disrespect intended TimBo

Omaha_Dolfan

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I love watching TimBo play and think he is probably one of the best if not the best DT in Dolphins History.

But in all honesty, Here we are getting ready to go into camp and another player decides to retire. Couldnt he of made his decision before the draft?

<jumps into the pool to avoid the flaming that is about to ensue>

And dont forget the first line, I said I think Timbo is great but just had to say it to open up a can of worms, cause I know I cant be the only one thinking this. I know some will say his is medical and not by choice (which I agree with) but the timing is the same regardless.

Omaha_Dolfan said:
I love watching TimBo play and think he is probably one of the best if not the best DT in Dolphins History.

But in all honesty, Here we are getting ready to go into camp and another player decides to retire. Couldnt he of made his decision before the draft?

And dont forget the first line, I said I think Timbo is great but just had to say it to open up a can of worms, cause I know I cant be the only one thinking this. I know some will say his is medical and not by choice (which I agree with) but the timing is the same regardless.
Unlike Ricky who QUIT to smoke dope, Timbo was trying hard to rehab his back so he could play. Didn't work out so he did what hurt the team the least. Don't you DARE compare his retiring to Pothead!! :shakeno:

Techniqually he hasn't retired yet and we just released/waived him because he had failed his physical. So I don't think it would be fair to blame any fault on him. He's almost definitely 99.9% going to retire (don't even believe it's offical, today he just took the first step towards retirement. According to my knowledge from everything that I have heard, it's not like he just decided this last minute. He really tried hard and worked hard in order to come back to play one more season with us this year, and I believe he had the FULL INTENTION to, but we just released him because he had failed his physical. And I do believe in he had the intention of retiring this year, he would have done it before the draft. I honestly don't think he intended for things to turn out the way they did.

LtDan662002 said:
Unlike Ricky who QUIT to smoke dope, Timbo was trying hard to rehab his back so he could play. Didn't work out so he did what hurt the team the least. Don't you DARE compare his retiring to Pothead!! :shakeno:
Um... he didn't :confused::confused::confused:

painnotpleasure said:
Techniqually he hasn't retired yet and we just released/waived him because he had failed his physical. So I don't think it would be fair to blame any fault on him. He's almost definitely 99.9% going to retire (don't even believe it's offical, today he just took the first step towards retirement. According to my knowledge from everything that I have heard, it's not like he just decided this last minute. He really tried hard and worked hard in order to come back to play one more season with us this year, and I believe he had the FULL INTENTION to, but we just released him because he had failed his physical. And I do believe in he had the intention of retiring this year, he would have done it before the draft. I honestly don't think he intended for things to turn out the way they did.

I agree completely, but from the early signs in the workouts it was pretty obvious he wasnt going to be able to perform. The man has been threw hell in the trenches and I wish him the best in recovering from his injury.

I understand you are just trying to start conversation. The main thing is that Bowens said several times that if his rehabilitation did not go well he would retire. Bowens retirment is not really a supprise to anybody. This whole offseason the stance was that if Bowens could play he would but we are past due to get some new blood on the defensive line, regardless of Bowens.

WitheringPlant said:
Um... he didn't :confused::confused::confused:

Omaha_Dolfan said:

Uh, yeah he did!!! That bold part is exactly why everyone was pissed at Ricky.

completely different situation from Ricky. We knew about Timbos injuries, and should have known that this could have happened. If the guy cant play Id rather see him retire than sit on the IR all season.

They don't compare. It is no secret TIMBO has been thinking retirement for more than a year now. Plus this is a whole 37 or 38 days earlier Wicky decided to quit.

Omaha_Dolfan said:

Sorry man i think we knew all along that timbo was gonna retire

Omaha_Dolfan said:

TimBo wanted to play this year but he was waived because of a failed medical.

Ricky didn't want to play and quit on the team.

We knew all along that there were huge questions over both TimBo and Chester. The draft was weak at DT and if we wanted a DT from the draft then Hawthorne was there for the taking in the 5th.

Does this make Manny Wright more of a priority?

Omaha_Dolfan said:

I believe the reason why we didn't address DT in the draft was because Saban is a BPA guy. At least I think so for the early rounds, and as the draft unfolded he didn't want to reach for a DT when we had Roth and Crowder rated higher. If we were able to trade down from #2, then I think we would have taken a DT in lower round 1 with one of our extra picks. Just a thought.

Steve

Back
Top Bottom