No excuses for Henne this year... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

No excuses for Henne this year...

Fin_Frenzy_84

Starter
Reaction score
Henne has weapons this year. He of course has Marshall who is a playmaker. He has Bess who catches everything and hartline who has solid hands. He has gates who can stretch the field. He has rossario who can stretch the field if we use him right. He has bush who has great hands out of the backfield and most of all a offensive coordinator who hopefully will let him take shots and not check down all the time. Only thing that I'm worried about is line not giving him enough time and the running game not opening up the pass game. All in all if henne does not put up decent numbers this year then there is no hope at all. Thoughts? I forgot to throw In clay. If he is lined up at full back he will throw the defenses fits because he as well has good hands out of the back field and decent speed.

No excuses from who? The realists? If he fails you can pretty much guarantee there will be a bunch of people on this board saying he needs another year under a new offense or some crap like that..

I think he'll have 10 more TDs, but around the same number of INTs.

26/17 is pretty much what I expect.

I dunno if that'll be enough for the playoffs, though...

No excuses from who? The realists? If he fails you can pretty much guarantee there will be a bunch of people on this board saying he needs another year under a new offense or some crap like that..
As one of the biggest Henne supporters on this site I can tell you with a certainty that if he doesn't show significant improvement this year in individual and team performance I will be the first one to say that we need to draft a QB in the first round no questions asked.

I didnt give him an excuse last yr.....when you throw the ball to the other team and throw the ball late I blame it on him, but he is stilll learning the game, the game is slowing down for him and he's playing for a contract.....if he sucks, he gets fired along with the coaching staff and FO and were back to square one.....If I owned the team Ireland gets two more years no matter what happens this yr, Tony and Chad will be evaluated at the end of the season as they should be.......

2 - 1 TD's - INTs That's all we ask from Henne.

20 TD's - 10 INTs would be GREAT.

I think he'll have 10 more TDs, but around the same number of INTs.

26/17 is pretty much what I expect.

I dunno if that'll be enough for the playoffs, though...

If he can get that to 26-11 we are in the hunt for the playoffs and he gets a new 3 yr deal.

2 - 1 TD's - INTs That's all we ask from Henne.

20 TD's - 10 INTs would be GREAT.

It's going to be more like 3/2.

Henne will keep making mistakes. He'll get more chances to succeed, but he's going to still throw some god awful INTs. It's part of the package.

I do believe he can get 30 TDs. Let's just see if the D can help out enough to mitigate mistakes.

If he can get that to 26-11 we are in the hunt for the playoffs and he gets a new 3 yr deal.

If he goes 26/11 or so it'd be tremendous. It'd also mean we have a run oriented offense still.

You know what would suck. If Henne is D. Anderson part two. He has an amazing year, gets a new deal, we miss out on one of the 3 awesome QB's coming out, and he craps it up for the next two years... I think we should still try to draft one of these QB's regardless of how good he does.

Agree completely.............same arguments next year

Back
Top Bottom