No George opening day? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

No George opening day?

SmokeyPhinz

Practice Squad
Reaction score
ESPN reported that Eddie George denied Tennessee's offer and asked for his release. Who will we be looking at then, Chris Brown?

yea Chris Brown is next on the depth chart. Doesnt help as much because George wasnt any good to begin with. Brown maybe decent, he had a 6 TD game in college against Nebraska.

George wasnt very good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????? ok where were you during the playoffs last year?? Eddie is not an upper tier back anymore, but "not any good"...thats crazy!:eek:

DBoston80 said:
George wasnt very good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????? ok where were you during the playoffs last year?? Eddie is not an upper tier back anymore, but "not any good"...thats crazy!:eek:
He's not that good. Hasn't been for years. He has a few good games a year, like Jay Fiedler.

All I'm saying is that I dont really care wether or not he plays against us.

George ha sbeen worn down for a few years now. I like him though. He seems to play with much heart and desire, but his body has taken too much punishment and those legs have churned so hard for so long that they don't seem to pump as fast anymore. If he is released, I expect him to get a starting job elsewhere. Oakland seems like a logical choice. However, I would love to see George as a Dolphin backing up Ricky. :) I know it won't happen but he is a class act and a proven vet who, in spot duty, may be effective. I wish him well.

George has really slowed down. He was getting tons of carries for years but he eventually slowed down because of the beating he has received for years. I think he is overrated at this point. He can handle a beating but he can't average 4 ypc.

I'm a bit more worried about the unknown. We knew how good George was.

I hope Ricky doesn't end up like George. Last year, he was just thrown against 8 and 9 man fronts. With that being said, I glad he won't being playing opening day.

Chris Brown seems to have some speed, and a burst that George has lacked for about 2 years now. I'd rather be facing the worn old vet, who has little chance of breaking a long run, then the young kid eager to prove himself.

Unless Brown misses a few blitz pick-ups, fumbles once or twice, and any other rookie starter mistake you'd like to see. :D Then I won't miss George at all.

Senrab21 said:
I'm a bit more worried about the unknown. We knew how good George was.
yea too bad he wont be playing...

It wont matter anyway because The Defense wont allow anyone to run for over a hundred yards. Whoever it is, hes gonna have a bad day :cool:

Eddie is demanding to be traded as of today, 7/20. It's in the Miami Herald.

Back
Top Bottom