No Matter how Bad!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

No Matter how Bad!!!

wow look at the turnover rate with the players we had starting then.

Horrible way to look at things. Let me tell you why.

The NFL is about winning championships. Not finishing 11-5 or 7-9. So if you goal is to improve over 1-15 and be happy you are not "that" then you will never get to where you need to be.

I am all for incremental progress if the increments mean something. They used to before FA. But now, not so much.

Lets say, you were 1-15. You had a bunch of young players and the next year, those players (most of the key positions, at least) won 8 games. That would be real progress. The kind you can believe in.

But like when we were 1-15, the next year, we had turned over most of the roster and coaches. Not saying it shouldn't have happened, just saying I am not happy that we are no longer 1-15.

The SB has to be the goal. If not, we better see alot of young players getting alot better. Unfortunately, we don't have alof of that going on here in Miami.

2nd.worst.post.ever.

The o.p. never said anything about settling for anything less than the SB.

No matter how bad some of you think the state of our Dolphins is currently in we can always look back to 2007 and appreciate just how far we have come:

Have we come farther than 2007? Is our football team better than that one? Yes. On both counts. That Debbie Downer Award was the worst idea ever.

yes, but when we beat Baltimore it was like winning the superbowl
They didn't show the game here, so i was out in the truck in my boxers listening to the game, when i heard that touchdown grab, i was out of the truck, half nekkid hooten and holleren in the street, it was a glorious moment...

The NFL is about winning championships. Not finishing 11-5 or 7-9. So if you goal is to improve over 1-15 and be happy you are not "that" then you will never get to where you need to be.

I am all for incremental progress if the increments mean something. They used to before FA. But now, not so much.

Lets say, you were 1-15. You had a bunch of young players and the next year, those players (most of the key positions, at least) won 8 games. That would be real progress. The kind you can believe in.

But like when we were 1-15, the next year, we had turned over most of the roster and coaches. Not saying it shouldn't have happened, just saying I am not happy that we are no longer 1-15.

The SB has to be the goal. If not, we better see alot of young players getting alot better. Unfortunately, we don't have alof of that going on here in Miami.
3 reasons to think this is a horrible way to look at things:

A) I just won the debbie downer award and need to start on next year.

B) Anytime I'm happy I end up in county lock-up.

c) Not only is the glass half empty, its a crap glass.

They didn't show the game here, so i was out in the truck in my boxers listening to the game, when i heard that touchdown grab, i was out of the truck, half nekkid hooten and holleren in the street, it was a glorious moment...

3 reasons to think this is a horrible way to look at things:

A) I just won the debbie downer award and need to start on next year.

B) Anytime I'm happy I end up in county lock-up.

c) Not only is the glass half empty, its a crap glass.

but he's being real :lol:

Wow.

Jesse Chatman had alot of heart...

Samkon Gado had a few good games for us that year too..

1 and 15...was maybe one of the worst years of my life!!!!!!!!!

I am really glad I did not frequent the board then...

Sky must have been falling

It was terrible... Absolutely terrible.

Does this mean you would not be bothered if we were 1-15? But seriously, the Super Bowl is obviously the goal, but after going 7-9, and the super bowl has just been played, we have to have something to be proud of.
So after going 1-15 and then 11-5 the next season, I have to say I was a little happy about that, even though we didn't go to the super bowl.
I guess I just don't understand the post...

I still have nightmares on that one. Im so glad we are no where near that sorry. Miami is in good hands now.

alright...I'll be that guy. ;)

I don't see a huge difference between the talent I thought we had going into that year, and the talent we have going into next year.

QB - I'll take what we have now for sure, but we had a pretty good career QB in Trent Green for the now, and a 2nd round pick in Beck (again, this isn't using hindsight, just what we knew then) for the future.

RB - Now...but only for depth, it's all about Ronnie and he was there then.

WR - Then. CC and MB were ok, and Ginn wasn't considered a bust yet.

TE - Push. need improvement then and now.

OL - Now easily.....biggest difference between the two squads

DL - Then.

LB - Then.

DB - Now.

I never thought 1-15 in August of 2007.....and I don't recall anyone around here predicting it either, we were probably talking playoffs. :lol:

I don't see a huge difference between the talent I thought we had going into that year, and the talent we have going into next year.

QB - I'll take what we have now for sure, but we had a pretty good career QB in Trent Green for the now, and a 2nd round pick in Beck (again, this isn't using hindsight, just what we knew then) for the future.

DL - Then.

LB - Then.

DB - Now.

I never thought 1-15 in August of 2007.....and I don't recall anyone around here predicting it either, we were probably talking playoffs. :lol:

You forgot two of the most important things:

Coaching staff - Easily now

F.O. - Hopefully Now

DL - Then.

LB - Then.

DB - Now.

Great post. This is the stuff of genius. People were drooling all over themselves with Cameron (THE offensive genius) and Beck (the future). I remember it well. And Ginn was the "playmaker we needed". ROFLMAO.

Some things never change.

Back
Top Bottom