No Minkah On Pro Bowl Ballot | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

No Minkah On Pro Bowl Ballot

hes not very good.
giphy.gif

It's looking more and more like we missed out on a superstar.

Tough call but I could understand it. Initially Derwin James was my top target given our slot, but in the final weeks it stood out that Fitzpatrick was the safer pick. James offered more upside.

So far the upside has panned out. No question James is the bigger more explosive athlete. I'll stick with my summary of Fitzpatrick as a modern day Tim Foley. And Tim Foley was not a Pro Bowl type.

In the second round I don't think there was a good argument for Gesicki over Goedert

You guys are missing the point. I’m not arguing about Minkah’s qualifications for the Pro Bowl. He’s not missing due to performance, he’s just oddly missing. Hell, Jesse Davis, McDonald and some of our other scrubs are on the ballot. And no, I don’t just vote for Dolphins players, but I did vote for Tunsil, Howard, Sanders, and Aikens.

You guys are missing the point. I’m not arguing about Minkah’s qualifications for the Pro Bowl. He’s not missing due to performance, he’s just oddly missing. Hell, Jesse Davis, McDonald and some of our other scrubs are on the ballot. And no, I don’t just vote for Dolphins players, but I did vote for Tunsil, Howard, Sanders, and Aikens.
Alot of people on FH dont really give a **** about what your thread is about... they see a name, look at the team record and write "that mother ****er sucks! and **** you too!"

This place used to be nice...

At what position should Minkah be listed under? Also with the current CS currently settling him into CB is a travesty. Another FO and CS boneheaded move based on using 2 SS and their current contracts.

Tunsil took time to get his sea legs after his rookie year at Guard, I hope this current CS and FO don't stunt his growth moving forward.

Tough call but I could understand it. Initially Derwin James was my top target given our slot, but in the final weeks it stood out that Fitzpatrick was the safer pick. James offered more upside.

So far the upside has panned out. No question James is the bigger more explosive athlete. I'll stick with my summary of Fitzpatrick as a modern day Tim Foley. And Tim Foley was not a Pro Bowl type.

In the second round I don't think there was a good argument for Gesicki over Goedert
Yeah ultimately after putting them head to head pre-draft I went with Mink as well..

This. I thought the same thing. I would not have voted for him but was strange he was missing. Unless you can only list 2 CBs per team?

I think Minkah is going to be a good player, but i don't think his ceiling is anywhere near Derwin James. James may end up doing something wild like a 10 int 10 sack season.

At what position should Minkah be listed under? Also with the current CS currently settling him into CB is a travesty. Another FO and CS boneheaded move based on using 2 SS and their current contracts.

Tunsil took time to get his sea legs after his rookie year at Guard, I hope this current CS and FO don't stunt his growth moving forward.

It's almost like his primary position in college was at corner! Who woulda thunk it?

Ds propaganda(WQAM aka Gase/Tanny Radio) machine has been building him up (along with a couple other fav songs like Tunsil and Drake),but I see nothing of note from him. Bobby McCain who sucks has made more plays.

It's almost like his primary position in college was at corner! Who woulda thunk it?

And yet it took 12 + games to put him on the boundary. Who woulda thunk it?

Also, I have stated since his drafting he should be at FS and let his natural instincts take over.

Stick him at corner and see how how he does.
This. I think Minkah has been playing too many different roles. We need him to, but we are stunting his growth a little bit.

Derwin also has the luxury of playing on a very good defense and is being asked to do what he does best. Box safety and blitzer who occasionally plays deep. 3.5 sacks and 3 picks. He is a good player but is in a way better position than Fitz.

Minkah plays every single position in the defensive backfield. I don't know too many rookies that have been able to do that and still be among league leaders in QB rating allowed. Of course he would be better if he were allowed to play one spot but that's not an option on this team. Until they find a quality outside corner, he will multi-task. Also doesn't help that we are playing big money to our safeties. I would love to see him play FS but Jones and TJ are interchangeable box safeties. I don't like the way they are used.

Back
Top Bottom