No more Bellcow RB, it is past tense. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

No more Bellcow RB, it is past tense.

I think Marshawn Lynch was a bellow back for Seattle. Seattle would have had 2 SB wins if they had more bellcow on the goal line!
Lynch did not have a big role in their SB run. The leading rusher for Sea in SB is Harvin, for 45 yds. Lynch is second with 39 yds. So whats your point?

The two best RB prospects from the fast few years have been Elliot and Barkley... and they HAVE been bell cow backs... when they've been healthy... on iffy teams.

They are fun to watch, but you don't really win this way.
Good point, RB are way too iffy to invest with high rounds. RB gets hurt too often.

This thread is a poor excuse to make the FO look good for not addressing the RB position.

We could have had Melvin Gordon over Howard last year. We could have signed Connor this year.

I’m not going to fault Grier for passing on Harris at 18 or moving up to grand ETN or Williams, but they could have done better than signing Malcolm Brown.

This thread is a poor excuse to make the FO look good for not addressing the RB position.

We could have had Melvin Gordon over Howard last year. We could have signed Connor this year.

I’m not going to fault Grier for passing on Harris at 18 or moving up to grand ETN or Williams, but they could have done better than signing Malcolm Brown.
From all indications, Flo is high on Gaskin.

It is one thing not to address the hole as you perceive. There is another thing when the coach think the hole is elsewhere.

O-line and speed outside should help our running game. That doesn't mean you totally forget about who the RB's are. They matter too but you build and win with passing offense and passing defense. That's the way it is now in the NFL. I'm sure the team would love to have a top RB but you have to pick your battles and how you use your resources. Using high picks on a RB is not the way to go now. Even I've come around to accept that.

If Doaks works his way up the depth chart, the combo of he and gaskin would be a great 1-2 punch. Speed and power...I can totally see that happening. And that definitely could take off the pressure from Tua.

I’m all for RB by committee, I’m not convinced we even have a committee though. I think Myles Gaskin is a quality NFL RB, too early to tell for Ahmed he showed flashes, Doaks needs to make the roster first, Malcom Brown is an RB3/short yardage back at best for me.

The key is gonna be the Washington Guys continuing to develop. I did like what I saw from them when both were healthy and I do think they can be a nice tandem. Hopefully Doaks physical talent translates and gives us a boost.

Lynch did not have a big role in their SB run. The leading rusher for Sea in SB is Harvin, for 45 yds. Lynch is second with 39 yds. So whats your point?
Vs. New England 24 carries for 102 and a TD. His point was had they given him the ball one more time they are back to back champs, with their bellcow back.

Only one team can win a SB every year and obviously QB is the most important individual ingredient.

That said when you are only looking at that one team per year in terms of how to build you're making a massive mistake.

Also I don't see why you'd ever NOT want any of your skill positions to be top players on a rookie contract whether its HB or DL.

Back
Top Bottom