No more Bellcow RB, it is past tense. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

No more Bellcow RB, it is past tense.

Last year's running game was actually very comparable to those years.

Total team rushing:
2020 - 1,688
2018 - 1,738
2017 - 1,388
2016 - 1,824
2015 - 1,496
2014 - 1,872
2013 - 1,440
2012 - 1,802
2011 - 1,987
2010 - 1,643
Fair point but I still say that with one of the backs I listed output would be greater
Our OL was better than in years which helped those guys which feeds that part of the debate but if you had a homerun hitting more talented back we would really be onto something

Well, we have to be able to convert a 3rd and 3 on the ground without me biting through my lips. Id throw the kitchen sink at Tua knowing we'll never run the ball on 3rd.
That’s all fine and good last season I can only think of probably 4 teams that could do that. Tennessee, Baltimore, Cleveland, and maybe Minnesota didn’t watch them to know for sure. Not many teams are built to pick up a third and more than 2 running the ball.

Also doesn't hurt to have Christopher Walken continually stopping the band and yelling "What this needs is more Cowbell!!"
I put my pants on, just like the rest of you. One leg at the time. Except once my pants are on, I make the best posts. 😋😜

That’s all fine and good last season I can only think of probably 4 teams that could do that. Tennessee, Baltimore, Cleveland, and maybe Minnesota didn’t watch them to know for sure. Not many teams are built to pick up a third and more than 2 running the ball.

Power perceived is power acheived. We at least have to obtain the threat of being able to run in short yardage situations.

Tua need all help he can get..we are over feeding defense...

Tua need all help he can get..we are over feeding defense...
He now has an above average OL. Elite WR group. Average RB group. Tua has no more excuse, its put up or shut up.

My only concern is OC....co-OC concern me.

I don't agree with that. Other than edge rusher I'll take a HB over any defensive player at any position. On offense we are set at QB and WR in terms of drafting so there is really no reason not to there.

Part of that is my philosophy that defense is built on scheme and talent is a bonus.

Your philosophy is curiously the exact opposite of Bill Walsh's philosophy when he said you can scheme offense, but defense is about talent. The Patriots are proof of this axiom over the last 20-years, with the exception of Brady, the bulk of their talent was on defense.

They were winning with dudes like Deion Branch, David Paton, Christian Fauria and Laurence Mauroney on offense and guys like McGiniest, Seymour, Law, Revis, Harrison, Milloy, Bruschi, Wilfork and Talib on defense.

This thread is a poor excuse to make the FO look good for not addressing the RB position.

We could have had Melvin Gordon over Howard last year. We could have signed Connor this year.

I’m not going to fault Grier for passing on Harris at 18 or moving up to grand ETN or Williams, but they could have done better than signing Malcolm Brown.
But you’re gonna fault them for not signing connor? None of these free agent backs are ever worth the price. He’s also very injury prone.

Last year's running game was actually very comparable to those years.

Total team rushing:
2020 - 1,688
2018 - 1,738
2017 - 1,388
2016 - 1,824
2015 - 1,496
2014 - 1,872
2013 - 1,440
2012 - 1,802
2011 - 1,987
2010 - 1,643
One more point actually listed by Mando that I think is very relevant

The longest run in Gaskin’s two-year NFL career is 27 yards. The longest run Brown’s six-year NFL career is 20 yards. The longest run in Ahmed’s one-year work was 31 yards. Scarlett? Only 6 yards. The point is this group lacks a dynamic threat who has proven he can go 75 yards on any given NFL carry. It’s a group with upside, as everyone outside of Brown is young for their position. But it’s also a group of third-day draft picks or undrafted free agents.

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...-salguero/article251181629.html#storylink=cpy

Miami only had fourteen seasons with a 1000yd rusher in the history of the franchise. Jay Ajayi was the last one to do it after Ricky Williams did it 3 of the 14 times and between Csonka and Williams they accounted for 6 of the 14 times it was done. No other running back did it more than once.

I agree with the OP. We can look at the backs getting cut and those who are on the bubble. Sony in New England and Johnson from Detroit were high picks that will possibly be replaced by lower round picks. Bell, Gurley, and we can continue naming guys who were drafted high looked great and were on the decline after year 4.

Still hurt not to take Harris but I see what Grier is doing.

Back
Top Bottom