No more Friday interviews with players before games | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

No more Friday interviews with players before games

Nublar7

Retired FinHeaven Staff
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-dol07apr08,0,566040.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

Most of this we already know from the PC.

Media access limited

Saban has cut back on media access in the offseason and regular season.

Saban and the players will no longer be made available to members of the media on Fridays during the regular season.

Assistant coaches will only be allowed to discuss team-related matters during two designated days in the preseason and one pre-selected day during the bye week of the regular season.

Also, the general manager will not be made available for any team-related discussions.
GM's role reduced?

Saban said General Manager Rick Spielman has been heavily involved in both the free agency and draft evaluation processes.

But he made it sound as if Spielman's role was more as a personnel director, a less powerful position he held with the Bears from 1997-99.
Surtain deal on hold

Saban said he had nothing new to report on cornerback Patrick Surtain or estranged running back Ricky Williams.

The Dolphins are apparently waiting for the Chiefs to sweeten the pot with a draft pick in at least the first three rounds before agreeing to deal Surtain to chop $8.4 million of their salary cap figure.

well the media must be pretty mad. But you know what?? Saban, nor I, care a sack of beans what they feel...lol

good work nubs - saban sure does run a tight ship - dontcha luv it?!

It sucks for us as fans not having media access to our team, but if it means the team remaining more focused on the games, then I'm all for it.

I'm sure the players don't care either about not being able to talk to the media on Fridays.

Barry Jackson had an article on this. Total sour grapes!

byroan said:
I'm sure the players don't care either about not being able to talk to the media on Fridays.
You don't think the players mind that they won't be getting more face time?

inFINSible said:

Face time? What is this American Idol? Players want to play. I can tell you that talking to the media is a chore to them. I dont think they'll be too upset about this.

Dubfire said:
Face time? What is this American Idol? Players want to play. I can tell you that talking to the media is a chore to them. I dont think they'll be too upset about this.
I think you're wrong...these players want to be able to market themselves, whether it be for endorsements, other teams, or after-football job opportunities, they don't all want to be faceless names.

inFINSible said:

They don't deserve face time. They can get all the face time they want after they win the SB.

So maybe they do mind, but I know I wouldn't want to answer the media's dumb questions each week.

inFINSible said:
I think you're wrong...these players want to be able to market themselves, whether it be for endorsements, other teams, or after-football job opportunities, they don't all want to be faceless names.

That was the attitude of the old Dolphins. These are the new Dolphins. If there are any players that care more about face time with the media than winning, they can hop the first plane out of Miami.

FireWrongstedt said:
That was the attitude of the old Dolphins. These are the new Dolphins. If there are any players that care more about face time with the media than winning, they can hop the first plane out of Miami.
sure they can...i just hope those players aren't Zach and JT...

Back
Top Bottom