No one has seen Gordon | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

No one has seen Gordon

BenchFiedler

Undrafted Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I was reading an article where someone said that no one has seen Lamar Gordon since Saban took over as head coach. I'm not sure what it means, but most veteran players have their Linehan playbook handy and studying and also most veterans met with their new coaches and coordinators. I believe Gordon still has the old Chris Foerster playbook in his hand and he is behind of schedule. He is suppose to be the top backup to Ronnie Brown.

Do you guys think Gordon will even set foot in Davie again?

BenchFiedler said:
I was reading an article where someone said that no one has seen Lamar Gordon since Saban took over as head coach. I'm not sure what it means, but most veteran players have their Linehan playbook handy and studying and also most veterans met with their new coaches and coordinators. I believe Gordon still has the old Chris Foerster playbook in his hand and he is behind of schedule. He is suppose to be the top backup to Ronnie Brown.

That is not a good thing. I hope he shows up. Maybe Kay-Jay will take the spot?
That would suck to lose another player whom we gave up a draft pick for and didn't play very much.

BenchFiedler said:

What is your source of this information...I have not read or heard anything either way....same as the other 80% of the team.

Gordon can't afford any delay's in acclimating himself to his new coaching staff. He's in a position that if he starts slow or on the wrong foot he can get buried on the depth chart. I can't imagine that he's not getting himself up to par with the new offense. Is he still rehabbing or what?

He HAS to show up. He's under contract. Is he better than Sammy Morris?? I would have thought Morris was the top backup.

BringBackShula said:
He HAS to show up. He's under contract. Is he better than Sammy Morris?? I would have thought Morris was the top backup.

When healhy...yeah he's a better overall back than Morris. Unfortunately he's hardly ever healthy.

If this is true then I hope he gets his act together. He's never been known to be a trouble maker so I don't know what's going on here. He can be a valuable asset to this team...he's fast and is one of our best receiving backs (next to Ronnie of course)

BenchFiedler said:

hey gordon just came by my house he was walking ...he was lickity splitting down the road :wink: :roflmao:

BringBackShula said:

Travis henry, TO and others are under contract also, they did not show up?

I see no reason why Gordon wouldn't show up. I remember that he was in the Dolphins clubhouse right after the season saying he was phsyced to play in 2005.

Who cares if Gordon doesnt show up?

He couldnt get the job done in St. Lou with 3 Pro Bowlers (Pace, Turley and Timmerman) blocking for him and its not like we dont have depth at RB with Brown, K.J., Morris and Minor already on the roster!

It woulda been nice to have another 3rd rounder this year.:fire:

Shifty187 said:
Who cares if Gordon doesnt show up?

He couldnt get the job done in St. Lou with 3 Pro Bowlers (Pace, Turley and Timmerman) blocking for him and its not like we dont have depth at RB with Brown, K.J., Morris and Minor already on the roster!

It woulda been nice to have another 3rd rounder this year.:fire:

People quickly forget that Gordon was a top-50 prospect, dominated in college (lower level of competition, but was outstanding), and has all the physical tools. When did Gordon get a really fair shot? In 2003 when he averaged over 4 YPC? In 2004 when he got hurt behind our awful line and scheme?

When they said they hadn't seen him, they meant they hadn't seen what he could do under St Nick, not that he'd gone walkabout.

It was a reporter that said he hadn't seen him, not anybody associated with the Dolphins.

infiltrateib said:
People quickly forget that Gordon was a top-50 prospect, dominated in college (lower level of competition, but was outstanding), and has all the physical tools.

And a body thats made of glass!

When did Gordon get a really fair shot? In 2003 when he averaged over 4 YPC? In 2004 when he got hurt behind our awful line and scheme?

U cant blame our OL for his injury! If he had been in the backfield when the injury occurred u could say that the OL was at fault but he was running up the sideline when he tore up his shoulder!

He couldnt get the job done with 3 Pro Bowlers blocking for him and hes an injury waiting to happen!

Back
Top Bottom