no QB in the first round | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

no QB in the first round

finfromthenorth

Starter
Club Member
Reaction score
We should not take a QB in the first round. Every scout will tell you that in most drafts these QB's would go late in to the first round and none of them can play now. Get Edwards with the second pick or Williams with the fifth. Give the QB of now another great target. If Ricky comes back then all of a sudden we have a potent offense. Stay away from Smith and Rodgers.

Yes, Andrew Walter on the third....... We have had this conversation over and over again, so....... I dont know, i think...... Whatever......

I agree. No QB in the first. Either Frye in the 2nd if we get one or Walter in the 3rd.

im thinking we go for Wide Reciever in 1st, 2nd take mcpherson.

and if we're lucky enough to get two first rounders from Minn. we grab a running back as well. Dont know who will be available by then.

finfromthenorth said:
Every scout will tell you that in most drafts these QB's would go late in to the first round and none of them can play now.

Trouble is this is NOT most drafts this is this years draft. Pick the best available qb. Is there any other qb's comming in the future that we are going to be able to have our pick of? We are the DOLPHINS! We don't get to pick this early because we always have winning years. So either we lose all our games this season to get Lienart or we pick a qb while we have the oppertunity too.

I thought this was going to be a thread saying no QB will be drafted in the 1st round...glad you cleared that up....I think Rodgers will go, Smith, Frye and maybe McPherson in the 1st.

finfromthenorth said:
We should not take a QB in the first round. Every scout will tell you that in most drafts these QB's would go late in to the first round and none of them can play now. Get Edwards with the second pick or Williams with the fifth. Give the QB of now another great target. If Ricky comes back then all of a sudden we have a potent offense. Stay away from Smith and Rodgers.

Your on crack!!

Jason Campbell in the second from Tampa would be really nice.

testtubetimmy said:
im thinking we go for Wide Reciever in 1st, 2nd take mcpherson.

and if we're lucky enough to get two first rounders from Minn. we grab a running back as well. Dont know who will be available by then.

that's what I'd like to see depending on what pick we would trade down to. I might prefer pac-man, dj, spears, barron depending on who we trade down with and to what point. We could do multiple trade downs in the first in order to accumlate additional picks in rounds 2-4 (although I think Saban should stay content with #5, a 2nd/3rd/4th, or 7 & 18).

If we don't trade down but trade Surtain....then take Braylon in the 1st and McPherson in the 2nd.

I'd rather trade down with the Buccs and take Mike Williams then Jason Campbell.

Back
Top Bottom