No QB: No problem. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

No QB: No problem.

dolhindan

Rookie
Reaction score
Don't post much but I am on here alot, just tossing around some thoughts antisapating draft day. If the top three Qb's go 1.Cam Newton to Carolina. 2. Blain Gabbert to Washington. 3.Ryan Mallet to Tennesee. Even if 4.Jake Locker went to Minnesota. At 15. there will be lots of good options on the board, I am intreeged by the thoughts of a guy like Julio Jones who could be there at 15. Also there could easly be a stack of DE's at this pick even if Miami doesn't like any of them at fifteen moving down looks to play right into there favour. So who would be the best team to trade down with and and why (cases for both teams)? My pick would be Tampa Bay, they have like eight picks and they could give Miami that second 51. and drop five in the third exchanging 79. for 84. just dropping five spots in the first. This to me would be the best part, if they would go DE with that first pick it cuts off New England from the guy I think they like lots, Cameron Jordan. How nice would that be. I don't know who Miami would go for in the first but the player I hope they can get is DJ Williams maybe with that second. Should be fun. Have a good draftday Dolfans.​

It's possible the four QB's you mentioned could all be gone before our pick at #15.

If that's the case I would try my best to trade down. I love DJ Williams and he would be my pick in Round Two if we trade down. In Round One it would depend on who would be there and where we pick. I love Jimmy Smith, from my alma ater (Colorado), who is a hell of a defensive back, but I think we would probably go with an O-lineman first. I think Mallett is our pick if he is on the board at #15.

I think we are all about to be floored in this draft...not by how many QBs go in the top 32 picks...but by how FEW go. I could easily see Gabbert and Newton being the only ones picked (though I'm not betting on it).

The defensive players at the top of this draft just wholly outweigh the offensive players in my opinion. -A very good thing for a team like the Dolphins who are looking for top shelf offensive help at a relatively late pick.

It's possible the four QB's you mentioned could all be gone before our pick at #15.

If that's the case I would try my best to trade down. I love DJ Williams and he would be my pick in Round Two if we trade down. In Round One it would depend on who would be there and where we pick. I love Jimmy Smith, from my alma ater (Colorado), who is a hell of a defensive back, but I think we would probably go with an O-lineman first. I think Mallett is our pick if he is on the board at #15.

Round 2 is too high for DJ Williams. 3rd is the highest I would take him with the hopes he's around in the 4th.

Back
Top Bottom