No Team Has Lost More Players than the Phins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

No Team Has Lost More Players than the Phins

foozool13

#12 #13 #23 #29 #54 #99
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Both in excessive amounts. We needed cap space, and Mueller is more than tired of what went on with Saban around. We had to jettison overpaid underperforming talent, and we did :D

A little bit of cap casualties. A little bit of bad talent. A little bit of aging veterans. A little bit of a new coach trying to get rid of people with a losing attitude. Though don't think that completely overhauling a team is a bad thing. The New Orleans Saints had 17 different starters in 2006 than 2005 and went from a 2-14 team to the NFC Championship game.

Looks like Cam is building a team that cannot only win one title but 2 or 3. Lots of draft pics, signing young talented guys. It won't be long til were the last team standing.

I think it's definitely both. They have lost only 1 player that I wanted to keep, which is Welker. I thought it was time for Roth to start so I was happy to see Carter go. This means they get compensatory picks too most likely. You can never have too many picks.

Well my man, it has mostly been from the offensive line and the rest of the O. We ranked 29th in the league in offense. We will be upgrading at OL, QB, WR, and RB depth. I think we're doing the right things. I still am a littly unsure about the cutting of McMike, but maybe it was in the best intrest of the team.

During this offseason it looks like we have lost more people than any other team in the league. (link: http://www.nfl.com/freeagency/afc-signings, http://www.nfl.com/freeagency/nfc-signings) Weather that would be from cuts or trades it looks like Cam Cameron is REALLY trying to clean house. Do you guys think this was more for cap management or from poor talent evaluations from previous years?

No team needed to lose as many as we did, I think Spielman had it right, when he started cleaning the O house, wish he could have finished..but everyone now sees what he was trying to do, but having Wanny as a lame duck coach didn't help him with tait or the guy that went to detroit, and we thought their deals were crazy.

This is what the saints did last year, when Sean Payton came in he cleaned house, something like only 22 players returned from the year before and they went to the NFC Championship

It isn't over yet. There are more cuts and trades, mark my words, especially if the Green move is done or if Stallworth or Washington is signed.

saban most of the time brought in guys from LSU or division rivals of lsu in college which made a bias of us being more likely to pick up someone from LSU. Cam is doing what should have been done when wanny was coach-More youth and more cap. the cam cameron and randy meuller era is here and getting started off on the right foot. period.

Looks like Cam is building a team that cannot only win one title but 2 or 3. Lots of draft pics, signing young talented guys. It won't be long til were the last team standing.
dont get ur hopes too high, remember we only won 6 games last year

Look at it this way. We werent winning with the players in our house, so its a good thing and needed to be done. Think of it as Spring cleaning.

One word: rebuild

Since our team wants to return into playoff berth, playoff competition and SB challenge, we must change a lot of what our past defensive-minded Head Coaches did.

This way Cam is trying to leave space on what he fells was unfitting into his offensive-schemes and adjusting an aging defense.

We may speak a lot about the defensive units of both Dave and Nick, because their main efforts were about it.

Their formulas were very similar : first step fix the defense; then upgrade your special teams and somehow make something at offense by leaving all the load into an amazing tailback (RW/RB), try to find the right offensive coordinator (Turner [D-]/Linehan [A-]/Murlakey[F]) and leave him rule the unit as totally different teams.

Cameron will change the focus. He knows that his mayor headache will be on defense because he needs a defense to stop the opponent and give the football into his offensive unit. His main role will be obviously fix the offensive scheme, while upgrading the defensive unit guided by Dom Capers.

Unlike his predecessors Cam is winning draft picks and clearing the house with Mueller as assessor.

My evaluation about McMichael is very simple, his skills are overrated because even he's an NFL star his fitting into Cameron's scheme would require a lot of discipline from him and with a 3 million bonus payment in door this was a necessary cut with very risky impacts.

The Welker stuff was pure business. An undrafted FA that became 2 picks is none common, so Mueller dealing is pure gold.

But the big difference will be the approach for the draft. Wanny wasted as much picks as he could, Nick was very close for what he knew while coaching LSU. Most accurate, best fitting, most valuable pick or another kind of tracking will lead the decision not just for a feeling but a scouting job.

Back
Top Bottom