Noah Igbinoghene | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Noah Igbinoghene

Your post makes sense. And we were down at halftime against Cincinnati, so the roughly 1/3 of the defensive snaps he played weren't due to garbage time.

I do think it was Flo's obsession w having versatility w nearly every defensive player, especially DB's, that made me think this.

We still obviously didn't solely view him as a boundary to start the year. He played 21 slot snaps in his first two games and 9 for the rest of the season. 7 of those came in weeks 3 and 4, which were easily the games he played the most w Jones out.

So I guess the way they used him does check out with how they said they'd use him after Byron returned.
Just my gut.

Seeing him in the slot early on, they might have just gone "whoa, let's take it really slow with the kid and keep it boundary only."

(Plus I really don't see Flo giving an eff about making excuses, keeping someone on the bench, saying a player isn't learning a certain spot when he is, etc.)

Iggy, in 2020, could become a guy worthy of a top 5 pick a year later.
Let's see how Iggy fares this season compared to.Surtain and Farely and other 2021 first round DBs.

What I like is we drafted a very talented young CB that is working out with one of the best cbs in the NFL in Z . His bust factor should be very low. His potential, great. The kid was a project because of his age and was thrown into the starting role because of Jones's injury. That was tough. No real offseason. I view him as the potential starter from our last 2 drafts with a ceiling that will cost us a lot in 4 yrs

Are fans jaded or what?

igbo is a fantastic athlete and did just fine considering what he was asked to do - Byron Jones got hurt folks...

he’s gonna be fantastic - enjoy....
No one cares for your common sense. Whining is the new "woke.". They didn't draft the players my Athlon magazine and ESPN genuises said to draft so it must be a bad pick. Who are you to give the guy with obvious athletic ability the benefit of the doubt? 😂😂😂

Seriously..the kids is a hard worker. He will not fail because he doesn't put in the work.

He couldn’t move the needle for the freaking Chiefs.
Only KC had him ranked higher than Taylor, Swift and JK. Reid liked him solely on his pass catching abilities. The other 3 are better RBs. Why the Fins did not pick Taylor was a huge blunder.

Only KC had him ranked higher than Taylor, Swift and JK. Reid liked him solely on his pass catching abilities. The other 3 are better RBs. Why the Fins did not pick Taylor was a huge blunder.
It’s not a “blunder” to not take a running back in the first round. I have no problem taking one in the second round or beyond but taking one in the first round is not a good team building strategy.

Noah has ability but he needs to develop instincts and find the football. NFL is completely different than college in that regard. It doesn't matter if you can mirror someone. If you can't find the football and happen to make a play on first down, the quarterback will ignore that and challenge you again on second down. That's what Noah faces. He needs to know when to look for the ball and he also has to play taller. His height is not ideal to begin with, then he exaggerates the issue by bending at the waist while chasing as the ball arrives.

This is not Charles Harris, who had no ability to begin with.

Noah has ability but he needs to develop instincts and find the football. NFL is completely different than college in that regard. It doesn't matter if you can mirror someone. If you can't find the football and happen to make a play on first down, the quarterback will ignore that and challenge you again on second down. That's what Noah faces. He needs to know when to look for the ball and he also has to play taller. His height is not ideal to begin with, then he exaggerates the issue by bending at the waist while chasing as the ball arrives.

This is not Charles Harris, who had no ability to begin with.

Agree. To me, "instincts" is another way of saying mental quickness. By far, most players fail in the NFL due to (lack of) mental quickness. Yeah, yeah, physical talent matters. I'm not saying it doesn't. But, take all R1 guys. The talent is there. They just can't seem to 'graduate' to that NFL quickness.
Can Iggy? Now one knows, but the physical talent is there. I'm hoping his work outs with an NFL elite CB can get him up to speed. I don't expect hi to play eqaul to X, but I expect noticeable improvement

Back
Top Bottom