Noah Igbinoghene | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Noah Igbinoghene

Noah has ability but he needs to develop instincts and find the football. NFL is completely different than college in that regard. It doesn't matter if you can mirror someone. If you can't find the football and happen to make a play on first down, the quarterback will ignore that and challenge you again on second down. That's what Noah faces. He needs to know when to look for the ball and he also has to play taller. His height is not ideal to begin with, then he exaggerates the issue by bending at the waist while chasing as the ball arrives.

This is not Charles Harris, who had no ability to begin with.
You know that’s a really good point I need to think about more when it comes to my own evaluation of him..

I remember coming to the conclusion that his mirroring skills and movement were top notch but yet he can get exposed on the perimeter with a lack of size and some issues to track.. your post covers exactly that.

Hoping I didn’t get caught up in the ability to mirror and be physical and disregard the instincts to make plays on the ball.. I do know it’s why I’ve been head strong on him being put in the slot and left alone, cause I saw those issues arise outside too much, given he can improve with experience in that regard.but it usually takes a while at the NFL level if at all..

Last edited:
Noah has ability but he needs to develop instincts and find the football. NFL is completely different than college in that regard. It doesn't matter if you can mirror someone. If you can't find the football and happen to make a play on first down, the quarterback will ignore that and challenge you again on second down. That's what Noah faces. He needs to know when to look for the ball and he also has to play taller. His height is not ideal to begin with, then he exaggerates the issue by bending at the waist while chasing as the ball arrives.

This is not Charles Harris, who had no ability to begin with.
I respectfully disagree with this assessment.

Due to his inexperience, it's more a matter of being coached up in technique and leverages, in the context of a complex defense that has a very high level of variation of responsibilities.

This scheme presents huge challenges to opposing QBs in making pre/post snap reads, but it only works if every single member of the second and third levels execute at a near flawless rate, without hesitation.

"Finding the ball" or "ball skills" is a very superficial read on the situation, IMHO.

When the light goes on for this kid, and I'm confident that it will, we will have a very good cover, as well as zone corner.

Back
Top Bottom