Nolan Speaks about Boston | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nolan Speaks about Boston

mpn1334

Starter
Reaction score
49ers | Nolan Speaks about Boston - from www.KFFL.com
Fri, 6 May 2005 16:19:30 -0700

San Francisco 49ers head coach Mike Nolan said Friday, May 6 the team has not completely shut the book on signing free agent WR David Boston (Dolphins), but he did say the "book was barely open." He added if a signing were to happen it would be after June 1. Nolan said the further things went, the less likely it would be that Boston would be signed.

Looks like if he passes a physical finally, Boston will most likely be back in a 'phins uniform.

..that would be cause for EXTREME excitement around here..people I think are failing to realizr if he plays16 games he'll have about 1200 yds and 8-10 TD's

DBoston80 said:
..that would be cause for EXTREME excitement around here..people I think are failing to realizr if he plays16 games he'll have about 1200 yds and 8-10 TD's

Yeah and IF is the key word here. A verrrry big IF..

That would be awesome!!!!!!

DBoston80 said:
..well mostof the topics on this board c
ontain lots of IFS!!!!!!!

Yeah but this is a rather dramatic and long-shot IF.

I know you're the biggest Boston homer on the board but we have to be real here.

were not getting the player boston was in 98. were getting david boston 2005. hes a roid shooting bum, if the freaking 49ers dont want him, and they are more anemic than us, cmon be realistic guys...

not to mention his attitude is not what saban is looking to bring into the mix im sure.

claytonAndDuper said:
not to mention his attitude is not what saban is looking to bring into the mix im sure.

I think the attitude issue is over-rated. When he came here everyone loved him at first. His attitude was excellent, he was losing weight like hes never done before, staying in shape and everything.

It wasnt until his injury everything went down hill. He may have some off-field issues, but i dont think we can question that he will try and play hard for us.

Boston is surprisingly similar in his behavior to another former Ohio State player; Maurice Clarett. Maybe something in the water?

Kidding.

Health is the biggest issue with Boston right now. Can he get back to even 80% of what he was several years ago?

The attitude issues don't worry me much. Saban can handle Boston just fine, besides David was doing what was asked of him last year before he blew out the knee.

Boston needs a solid, or Pro Bowl season, to have any hope of getting another big contract before he retires. He has to find a team this season to give him a shot, and then perform well.

For a vet minimum contract, with incentives for yards and TDs, I'd be happy to see Boston back in Miami.

In an open offense similar to Minnesota's i think Boston could have a great year. Alot of if's with him though, but i hope Saban gives him another shot.

I understand that Boston is a big receiver, with the utmost potential, but this guys head has never been on straight except for one year in Arizona. Why don't we give the young kids on our team a chance?

Back
Top Bottom