Nolan's defense receives high praise for Miami Dolphins | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nolan's defense receives high praise for Miami Dolphins

That strikes me as well, that Nolan has such a great reputation even though he's coached very few ELITE defenses.

But, I look at it a lot like evaluating a player. You can see guys all the time that don't have elite statistics and they're not on an elite team but they're more than doing their part. All you have to do is pay attention. Obviously some people have paid attention to what he does with the schemes and the coaching aspect of it and liked what they see. In the end the coaches can't march onto the field and do the job. That's why a guy like Zach Thomas was so valuable, he was a coach on the field. If you had the coaches right on the field recognizing things with their eyes and adjusting things, you could have a great defense. But they're not on the field, they're on the sidelines.

The point of the article was is about how complete of a D.C. Nolan is. As stated in the article Nolan turned the Broncos 29th ranked defense around to the 17th ranked defense. And that is with just a few really good players.

If I am not mistaken the Jets defense was still considered one of the better Ds in the league before Ryan's fat *** landed on New York. He had better weapons than Nolan did in Denver, so he was able to create a better deffense. And because he had better weapons to work with losing one player didn't bring the entire D down. I am sure Nolan would have done the samething for the Jets if he would have landed there as well.

it was? they were ranked 16th in 2008 and 18th in points allowed. went from that to 1st overall in both categories. points allowed being the most important, imo. they were also 18 th overall in 2007 and 19th in points allowed. idk wherer you are getting the idea that our defense wasn anything but completely mediocre before ryan got here. matter of fact, miami's defense was statistically better than the jets defense in 2008.

The point of the article was is about how complete of a D.C. Nolan is. As stated in the article Nolan turned the Broncos 29th ranked defense around to the 17th ranked defense. And that is with just a few really good players.

If I am not mistaken the Jets defense was still considered one of the better Ds in the league before Ryan's fat *** landed on New York. He had better weapons than Nolan did in Denver, so he was able to create a better deffense. And because he had better weapons to work with losing one player didn't bring the entire D down. I am sure Nolan would have done the samething for the Jets if he would have landed there as well.

your coach is a fat **** too. what does it matter? bill parcells is a big sloppy ugly ****. Why should we bring this up when we talk football?

Last edited by a moderator:

Of course, nice spin. Jets defense had talent before Ryan arrived, but they were average in performance.

Nolan was awful the one year he was with the Jets.

All these jets fans really have nothing better to do than troll around on a dolphins board?

your coach is a fat **** too. your mother probably is also. what does it matter? bill parcells is a big sloppy ugly ****. Why should we bring this up when we talk football?

YOU'RE ON A DOLPHINS FAN SITE!!!! WHAT DO YOU EXPECT?!? ARE YOU REALLY THAT STUPID?? I would never visit a Jet fan site, it's not my style, and if I did I would expect a lot of Dolphins bashing, get over yourself!!! I gotta say, out of all the rival teams that visit, the Jets fans have to be the dumbest!!!

You know where to go then if you don't like our comments on our site!!

YOU'RE ON A DOLPHINS FAN SITE!!!! WHAT DO YOU EXPECT?!? ARE YOU REALLY THAT STUPID?? I would never visit a Jet fan site, it's not my style, and if I did I would expect a lot of Dolphins bashing, get over yourself!!! I gotta say, out of all the rival teams that visit, the Jets fans have to be the dumbest!!!

Well said!

yeah but the guy quotes it with a OMG LMFAO!!!!! was it really that funny?i think i was in 3rd grade the last time i thought smack like that was THAT funny.

man...some of you guys have a serious inferiority complex.

We're not the ones infesting an opponent's boards, shoveling the **** trying to justify backing in to the playoffs and defending a season where the only team you faced with a winning record at the time you played them-and just barely (who was actually trying to win), was the Pats. IMO, if that doesn't qualify as an "inferiority complex" then it's just outright embarrassment.

9jdg2a-1.jpg

I believe Nolan's Jets defense was #13 in the league. Not that awful.

hey, at least that was better than Ryan's 2007 season where his unit was #22 in pts allowed. Guess when it comes to comparing Obe wan Kanobe with his rotund grasshopper, everything is relative, eh?

We're not the ones infesting an opponent's boards, shoveling the **** trying to justify backing in to the playoffs and defending a season where the only team you faced with a winning record at the time you played them-and just barely (who was actually trying to win), was the Pats. IMO, if that doesn't qualify as an "inferiority complex" then it's just outright embarrassment.

9jdg2a-1.jpg

if anything is an embarassment it's this post. btw, there's a plethora of fish fans on jets boards. like i said...you're just jealous because the jets are coming off a season better than any the phins have put together in a decade at least

if anything is an embarassment it's this post. btw, there's a plethora of fish fans on jets boards. like i said...you're just jealous because the jets are coming off a season better than any the phins have put together in a decade at least

Hey, I'll admit it, you could be right. Maybe I am jealous that as a 7-7 team we also didn't play 2 teams who weren't trying to back into the playoffs and then face a first rounder who won all of 3 out of their last 7 games (Cleveland, Detroit, KC), averaging 14pts/game and next face a team led by an HC loser who won 4 divisional championships but is 0-4 in playoff appearances. So yeah, maybe I am jealous that we didn't beat teams with a sub-.300 winning record at the time we played them and yet still be gifted into the kind of playoff competition we might well have thrived in;.

And yeah, I do read JI and TGG once or twice a week, and do see 1 or 2 Fins fans posting there who permit themselves to be gluttons for punishment in the way the homers treat dissenting views as compared to FH. Those numbers pale by comparison to the infestation of jet fans trying to foist their alternative realities on a more discerning nucleus of FH members. So again, in terms of inferiority complexes, obviously you're here trying to rationalize what all of us know is your fraud of a season.

Back
Top Bottom