None of us understand that this is a process | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

None of us understand that this is a process

dwadeattack

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I have read so many threads in the past week about how we are a sure playoff team, and for sure gonna win 10+ games (some wacko went as far as 13-3 on another thread). However, us fans havent dealt with rebuilding before, and we r expecting way too much out of these players. We have a rookie coach, rookie runningback, inexperienced qb (that would be aj, gus is just old), and a defense that has yet to prove itself. I would love for us to go 13-3, hell i would love for us not to lose period, but i think we r getting carried away here.

dwadeattack said:
(some wacko went as far as 13-3 on another thread).

So because you don't think we'll go 13-3 he's a wacko? :shakeno:

Anything can happen this season. Just look at the Chargers.

byroan said:
So because you don't think we'll go 13-3 he's a wacko? :shakeno:

Anything can happen this season. Just look at the Chargers.

The chargers were in a bad division. I am not sayin that didnt completely turn it around, but they had some pretty easy games, unlike us who have to play one of the best teams in history not once, but two times this year.

Yeah, I would love to see a lot more "3-13" and "6-10 what an ACCOMPLISHMENT!!!!" threads going around. Hell, I know better than not to take it seriously... I just think it's great to see some optimism here for a change.

dwadeattack said:
The chargers were in a bad division. I am not sayin that didnt completely turn it around, but they had some pretty easy games, unlike us who have to play one of the best teams in history not once, but two times this year.

We beat them with last years crappy team. Why can't we beat them once with a better team?

Voice of reason.

Also you guys constantly compare yourself to the Chargers, "look at them, they turned it around"

How many years did it take them. they methodically put that puzzle together, and it finally clicked.

yankeehillbilly said:
This season I'll be happy with .500. Next season I expect playoffs.
I agree. I expect anywhere from 6-10 to 9-7. I'd love .500. But anywhere near that number is good enough for me after last season's catastrophy...

dwadeattack said:

There's no guarantee the Bills and Jets will be good this year. And who knows with the Pats. Even with BB as the coach I can't see how they could lose 2 coordinators and not miss a beat. There's no reason to bash someone for being optimistic.

People are saying these things because they are excited about the direction the team is going. You have to admit, we've added some serious talent here, and got a much improved coaching staff. Are we "definitely" going to win 10 or more games, and/or make the playoffs..........Probably not, but is it Impossible......... Definitely Not!!!!

dwadeattack said:
I have read so many threads in the past week about how we are a sure playoff team, and for sure gonna win 10+ games (some wacko went as far as 13-3 on another thread). However, us fans havent dealt with rebuilding before, and we r expecting way too much out of these players. We have a rookie coach, rookie runningback, inexperienced qb (that would be aj, gus is just old), and a defense that has yet to prove itself. I would love for us to go 13-3, hell i would love for us not to lose period, but i think we r getting carried away here.

I wonder what the Chargers would say about that, or the Rams, or the Panthers.

I would love for us to go 10-6 or even 13-3 this year, but my real thought is that we will be 8-8 this season. Anything more will be the cherry on the top. I expect to be back in the playoffs in 2006.

I say wild card. Hopefully.

But who knows? I'm not one of those who will say we will only lose 3, but why not have a chance for the playoffs at least? Your crazy if you don't believe there is a possibility to make them. There are a lot of things that can happen and there are a lot of question marks in our division.

And I'd rather be dilusional than root for an 8-8 season.

NYinBostonFin said:
I say wild card. Hopefully.

But who knows? I'm not one of those who will say we will only lose 3, but why not have a chance for the playoffs at least? Your crazy if you don't believe there is a possibility to make them. There are a lot of things that can happen and there are a lot of question marks in our division.

And I'd rather be dilusional than root for an 8-8 season.

There's a difference between rooting for an 8-8 season and expecting one. But hey, if we make the playoffs all the better. I'm, just not the type to get my hopes up. I'm a cynic...:evil:

Back
Top Bottom