Nonsense Media Trying To Allude To Tua Being The Wrong QB Pick | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nonsense Media Trying To Allude To Tua Being The Wrong QB Pick

I only saw a little bit of the game but that first td pass Herbert had was impressive.

Only way i'd say we have a problem this early is if we don't hand the reigns to Tua if we're eliminated or he's not the starter going into camp next year.

Fitzpatrick certainly thinks Tua is special.

Herbert will be fine, he definitely has a deer in headlights kind of look to him which affects some of his decisions on the fly, but he's got the arm and the size to be a great QB. I think he's going to be just fine in a year or two.

Chargers are in a similar position to us albeit they have a few more injuries dogging them and their lines are a little more porous. It is interesting to see their record with a rookie as opposed to ours with a journeyman.

You have to ask the question. Would LA have lost last night if Fitzpatrick was playing, or the past couple for that matter? It's not really throwing shade at Herbert, I just think he's growing into it.

Not going to lie, seeing Herbert play this well early is a little disconcerting. But no reason to worry too much until Tua takes a snap.

I still see some problems with Herberts game, but he is looking like he may be able to get by with those deficiencies ala Josh Allen.

Herbert played very well last night and I do think he will have a nice career.

But the narrative now that "Miami should have taken Herbert over Tua" or "Dolphins made a mistake" as Ryan Clark tweeted is downright laughable. It's almost as if people forget what they were saying/reporting back in March in April. They sad Tua was a generational talent, a can't miss and if the Dolphins passed or picked Herbert instead it is the equivalent of passing on Drew Brees. People also said Herbert lacked the "it" factor and Miami would just be drafting another version of Tannehill if they took him. I also saw a lot of Dolphins fans on Twitter and even local media personalities saying they would walk as fans of the team of the Dolphins passed on Tua for Herbet and that that would be "so Dolphins".

So now Herbert has a few good games, putting up nice stats, granted leading his team to an 0-4 record and not being able to quite finish games strong. But everyone ignores what they said before and want to laugh at the Dolphins for passing on him. Apparently now Tua is a bust and the wrong choice before he has even taken a regular season snap. I don't get it, it is just people looking to stir the pot. It isn't like Tua is also playing but sucking, and Tua hasn't forgotten how to be sensational like he was at Alabama that led him to be the #5 overall pick in the first place.

of course they do. If miami picked Tua ahead of Hebert which they did and Herbert is playing first and lighting it up then yes I agree. If Tua is better he should already be playing.

Who cares what Ryan "LSU" Clarke thinks or says...

Herbert played very well last night and I do think he will have a nice career.

But the narrative now that "Miami should have taken Herbert over Tua" or "Dolphins made a mistake" as Ryan Clark tweeted is downright laughable. It's almost as if people forget what they were saying/reporting back in March in April. They sad Tua was a generational talent, a can't miss and if the Dolphins passed or picked Herbert instead it is the equivalent of passing on Drew Brees. People also said Herbert lacked the "it" factor and Miami would just be drafting another version of Tannehill if they took him. I also saw a lot of Dolphins fans on Twitter and even local media personalities saying they would walk as fans of the team of the Dolphins passed on Tua for Herbet and that that would be "so Dolphins".

So now Herbert has a few good games, putting up nice stats, granted leading his team to an 0-4 record and not being able to quite finish games strong. But everyone ignores what they said before and want to laugh at the Dolphins for passing on him. Apparently now Tua is a bust and the wrong choice before he has even taken a regular season snap. I don't get it, it is just people looking to stir the pot. It isn't like Tua is also playing but sucking, and Tua hasn't forgotten how to be sensational like he was at Alabama that led him to be the #5 overall pick in the first place.
Mahomes didn't play until week 16 of year one. What a piece of **** he is...

It a stupid really. Tua hasn’t played a down yet we have no idea what it will look like. There is nothing to compare at this point. Herbert would be in the same boat if Tyrod’s Dr didn’t make a mistake.

Armando was dogging Herbert all last year at Oregon. His head would have exploded if the Dolphins picked him over Tua.

I don’t blame the journalist. It’s a tough business out there. They’ve got to get those clicks. I will say I thought it would take Herbert three years to play at the level he is now. I still believe if Tua can stay healthy he was the right pick.

Back
Top Bottom