Nonsense Media Trying To Allude To Tua Being The Wrong QB Pick | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nonsense Media Trying To Allude To Tua Being The Wrong QB Pick

No it’s right there in black and white what I said about him, and Tannehill.

The idiot in your avatar is the one who missed out on the best QB in the league.

Correct, and you were wrong about both. Deshon Kizer is less risky than Patrick Mahomes lmao, and there isn't a nickles worth of difference between Kizor and Watson, too funny.

I think it’s time to change your name or go root for the Titans. Because Tann certainly ain’t da man in Miami anymore.

No I'm still a Dolphins fan and I love Tua, but it is fun watching Tannehill thrive and the haters get exposed.

No I'm still a Dolphins fan and I love Tua, but it is fun watching Tannehill thrive and the haters get exposed.

Like the idiot in your avatar that traded him for nothing because he couldn’t put a team around him. You’re a Dolphins fan aight...

Correct, and you were wrong about both. Deshon Kizer is less risky than Patrick Mahomes lmao, and there isn't a nickles worth of difference between Kizor and Watson, too funny.

I really think youre getting the whole prospect thing confused.

At the time Mahomes was not a special prospect. Kizer was playing elite ball at Nortre Dame and Watson was a turnover prone qb who missed quite a bit of deep passes.

Hindsight is always 20/20.

I don't know man maybe its because I am getting older, and recently this past week a best friend of mine for the past 18+ years passed.....I just don't see the point in wasting mental energy on this kind of petty thinking.

Tannehill isn't here anymore. If he does great with the Titans, good for him. He didn't do it here though for whatever reason (blame it on whomever or whatever you'd like to), so we moved on.

I really think youre getting the whole prospect thing confused.

At the time Mahomes was not a special prospect. Kizer was playing elite ball at Nortre Dame and Watson was a turnover prone qb who missed quite a bit of deep passes.

Hindsight is always 20/20.

Mahomes was always a special prospect, if you knew what to look for. I remember talking to my friend right before the draft and telling him to watch out for Patrick Mahomes going a lot earlier than most people expected because that was the hot draft buzz at the time and I barely even knew the guy.

Kizor may have been great in college but there's a reason he went in round 2 compared to Mahomes in the top 10 and why Kizor is currently out of the NFL.

Anyone can watch tons of college film and analyze what they are seeing and communicate that like what Slimm does, but it's very hard to take what you are seeing in college and accurately predict how that talent will translate to the professional level.

That's where Slimm falls short more often than not especially at the QB position and what they pay the big bucks to professionals like Mr. Grier for, loving his 2020 draft class so far as I expected because imo the guy can scout.

Next year could be special as well if your boy can't beat my boy this year starting on Sunday...

Last edited:
Mahomes was always a special prospect. I remember talking to my friend right before the draft and telling him to watch out for Patrick Mahomes going a lot earlier than most people expected because that was the hot draft buzz at the time and I barely even knew the guy.

Kizor may have been great in college but there's a reason he went in round 2 compared to Mahomes in the top 10 and why Kizor is currently out of the NFL.

Anyone can watch tons of college film and analyze what they are seeing and communicate that like what Slimm does, but it's very hard to take what you are seeing in college and accurately predict how that talent will translate to the professional level.

That's where Slimm falls short more often than not especially at the QB position and what they pay the big bucks to professionals like Mr. Grier for, loving his 2020 draft class so far as I expected because imo the guy can scout.

Next year could be special as well if your boy can't beat my boy this year starting on Sunday...

Mayor Grier is the one that literally did everything you’re running around screaming at your iphone over. From Mahomes to Tannehill.

The situation a kid lands in has a lot of say in their ultimate fate. Ask your boy Tannehill.

When you rank and provide an opinion on every single prospect in the draft, you can’t be right on all of em. You’re not getting the opinion of the ones making the big bucks on every single prospect, or they’d be wrong on just about all of em. All you can do is look at the moves they make and don’t make - it tells you their assessment.

Mayor Grier is the one that literally did everything you’re running around screaming at your iphone over. From Mahomes to Tannehill.

The situation a kid lands in has a lot of say in their ultimate fate. Ask your boy Tannehill.

When you rank and provide an opinion on every single prospect in the draft, you can’t be right on all of em. You’re not getting the opinion of the ones making the big bucks on every single prospect, or they’d be wrong on just about all of em. All you can do is look at the moves they make and don’t make - it tells you their assessment.

Grier has done a fine job since becoming the GM a few years ago, not perfect, but fine and now the team is well set up with a very bright future.

You and many others may blame him for all the previous regimes mistakes when he had very little say but I do not.

Nor do I blame him for trading Tannehill for a 4th, I know he was getting pressure from Ross who was feeling the hate from all the stupid fans which translates to money out of his pocket.

What matters for Grier and the Dolphins is how he performs in the 2020 draft/free agency and moving forward, the past is the past.

So far, 2020 is looking like a great draft and the Texans picks are looking scrumptious.

Looks like your assessment of Grier is about as accurate as most of your QB assesments since Mahomes was drafted; bits of truth but missing the big picture.

Herbert is still demonstrating the flaws he had coming out of Oregon. He was very lucky he avoided an interception on that final drive. In OT, again when the pressure was on, he threw behind two receivers on that crucial drive. He had similar issues in that Auburn game when it was crunch time. These are not new issues to Herbert, but known issues during the draft period. He does look like he is improving though, and yes hes only 4 games into his career. Which means he has plenty of time to correct them. He will wow you with his arm strength and athleticism, but needs to correct a few things.

1. Anticipation/Instincts
2. Flat-out misses
3. Locks on to one read and doesn’t come off
4. Footwork issues

Your referencing an article from the draft...we’re discussing how well he’s playing against strong opponents in the NFL...

Your referencing an article from the draft...we’re discussing how well he’s playing against strong opponents in the NFL...
lol did you not read my post? I said hes portraying the same results now, as he did pre draft.

I understand you like Herbert. I never said he was horrible. I pointed out hes had some tough losses, specifically the Saints game, because he demonstrated the same issues he had pre NFL. I said he can improve those things, hes young and playing well, has plenty of time. So yes I am talking about current events, comparing them to past. Article was a reference to some of his issues he still currently has.

To sit here and pretend that Tua isn’t coming off a devastating injury is at best being disingenuous. So many people are not able to see the big picture.

As for Herbert, I’m not surprised he’s doing well. I never bought into the group think negativity on him.

Clearly, Tua was my guy, but I posted repeatedly that I didn’t buy the negativity on Herbert. There are things he can work on, but his skill set is the great equalizer. I was always confident on that and posted it all the time as the prevailing view here was he was lacking. It’s tough to project a college skill set to the pros, and a lot of people just can’t do it.

A guy who literally just stares off into space like a robot the entire game... are you even watching these games?
Right, you know exactly what he’s doing, thinking, feeling all from the distance from your television set. This place cracks me the hell up. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom