Nonsense Media Trying To Allude To Tua Being The Wrong QB Pick | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nonsense Media Trying To Allude To Tua Being The Wrong QB Pick

Trust me I am going nowhere - if a simpleton like me can see the difference between TL Burrow and Herbert then everyone can - it just takes FH some time to look at the hours of tape (turn off the commentary)

And I won’t be the one to tell you when people come around on it but Herbert tops out as Tanne2 a middling QB over his career

He will win games and had he had Ekeler he likely wins that game over the Saints - but the Saints were without players too so we can’t play that game

A 50 yard FG with time expiring is no gimme post Or not - Herbert lost the game

He lost a few winnable games in College and the book is not out on how to stop these Rooks Tua inc. so I will see you in 2 years but not to gloat

Again Herbert he will be better than Burrow who will be exposed that he can’t consistently cannot get the ball past 15 yards so D will begin to play him accordingly

Herbert has a rocket so every D will need to respect the deep pass - teams can’t shrink the field with Tua and Herbert

Now yes at 51 years of age I prefer a swing at greatness over 8-8 and that is Tua a fine athlete he will also figure things out cerebrally I haven’t seen a spect like this in quite awhile

Um, ok? I never brought Burrow or Tua into this conversation. So maybe you’re making comparisons, I’m not

I find it funny when fans on here act like this team has a proven track record of success and drafting well...when in reality we are perennial losers and subpar drafters.

It’s not a knock on Tua, it’s this team. It’s not Tuas fault the dolphins drafted him but as long as Herbert plays well and Tua just sits on the bench you are gonna wonder. Or hey, don’t wonder and just continue to pretend we are the Patriots or Seahawks or an organization like that.

lol did you not read my post? I said hes portraying the same results now, as he did pre draft.

Portraying the Same results? I don’t think so....by all accounts outside Dolphin fans defensive of Miami bypassing him for Tua...he is far exceeding the negativity laid on him by the poorly run conservative offense in Oregon.

Again, I hope we get play that good once Tua finally begins his rookie year.

Portraying the Same results? I don’t think so....by all accounts outside Dolphin fans defensive of Miami bypassing him for Tua...he is far exceeding the negativity laid on him by the poorly run conservative offense in Oregon.

Again, I hope we get play that good once Tua finally begins his rookie year.

Until he shows that he can finish a game with a W, when the opportunity is there, like it was during OT and he missed two open guys by throwing the ball behind them. We can agree to disagree.

Tua is in a good situation.

Promising O-line that will keep him on his feet.
A Head coach who knows what he is doing and is in no hurry to rush him in.
Elite receiver corps.
A great mentor in Fitzpatrick.

He's in good hands.

Elite receiver corps?? Lol

Herbert's terrible OT throws are also why his team lost the game. When he had the chance to make the play (twice), he threw behind his WR. If that last pass is on target it's a first down easy. The throw before that on 3rd down was even worse.

I don't know who Justin Herbert will evolve into but last night that was the same guy who played at Oregon.

I'll stick with my ultra-accurate QB prospect who smiles in the face of pressure.

Also, Anthony Lynn blew that game in regulation by not taking a TO when the Saints were inside their 10 yard line and like 1:40 on the clock. He let it roll as if New Orleans wasn't going to have plenty of chances with their 2 TO's. I can't figure out his line of thinking there. Any Coach/QB would trade 40 seconds for a TO with under 2 minutes to go and needing only a FG.

Actually, Herbert's kicker missing a field goal at the end of regulation was the reason his team lost the game.

Herbert has looked VERY good. 4 TDs and brought his team close enough to get a FG for the win.

Some will nitpick because he missed a couple of throws, which I find funny. All QBs miss throws... even in games where you throw 4 TDs... 3 of them after you've lost your #1WR.

That said, we wont know if we took the wrong QB for 3 or 4 years... clickbait article.

I don't think you actually know what clickbait means.

Actually, Herbert's kicker missing a field goal at the end of regulation was the reason his team lost the game.
I didn't know 50 yard field goals were supposed to be 100% success rate.

He got them to a point where success was ~50%. That's what he did. What happened after had nothing to do with him.

I didn't know 50 yard field goals were supposed to be 100% success rate.

He got them to a point where success was ~50%. That's what he did. What happened after had nothing to do with him.

and if that were Tua and people were giving him **** for not being a closer you'd say the kicker should have made the game winner

Can anybody really honestly say that Herbert would even be playing if tyrod didn't get his lung punctured by a physician? Is Taylor really better than Fitzpatrick at this point in time, because apparently Herbert wasn't able to beat out Taylor but all of a sudden the chargers hand was forced. I think it's all a moot point and just speculation, but one thing I do know is the college film on both Herbert and Tula isn't even close to being comparable.

So, this is my first post. I had to register because I love the site and because I live in PNW and have watched Herbert play since high school. I went to grad school at OSU. UO was right down I-5.

Here is my take after watching this kid closely for a long time.
1. He has the skills in terms of arm, body and mind. Everyone sees the skill set, physically.
2. He started hot potatoes at UO, then got hurt two seasons in a row. The main point: he started hot that first year.
3. He has shown a proclivity for hot starts in games also, but none sticks out as much as the game at Auburn, though there are several games with similar parallels. Herbert is great in the first half. But, once the pressure builds and teams start to eat into the lead he has helped generate, he starts to show signs of cracking under pressure, such as trailing back deep into the pocket as the pressure comes, rather than stepping up, poorer decisions, and hard throws (cross your finger they are completed) into tight coverage. I imagine many QB's go through this process. Unfortunately for Herbert, he only overcame that problem once -- vs. Wisconsin in Rose Bowl this year. But he did that with his legs, not his arm.
4. His pattern and MO in college is showing up in the pros. Hot start vs. Chiefs, Bucs, and Saints, only to have a crappy second half where he basically repeats what he did in college. I can only hypothesize about what his issue is, but its clearly an issue because he has had the problem consistently for the past four to five years.
5. I would not have drafted Herbert because of that tendency, to shrink away in big moments. DOesn't mean I won't be wrong and he will develop into a great QB, but pay close attention. He is known for hot starts and cold finishes, good stats, but inability to win big games.

He is a great person though. Hopefully for his sake he can overcome these issues, but they are real, and they are the reason I supported us taking Burrow or Tua. Now, can't wait to see how Tua develops in the pros.

I think our receiver corps are good, but lacking in speed/quickness. We are blessed with large receivers, but RAC is non-existent.

Back
Top Bottom